Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

Star players in the NFL better wake up. First Watson and now Donald. Hopefully none of our guys will be next

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-ga...162309339.html

The Los Angeles Rams are gathering information after a report came to light Wednesday accusing star defensive tackle Aaron Donald of assault, according to Josina Anderson of ESPN.

Donald, 29, was accused of assaulting a man, De Vincent Spriggs, over the weekend. Spriggs' attorney, Todd Hollis, sent pictures of Spriggs following the alleged assault. In the photo, Spriggs' right eye is swollen shut and he appears to have cuts on his face.

Hollis said Spriggs intends to file criminal charges against Donald. The incident reportedly took place in Pittsburgh. Donald went to college at the University of Pittsburgh.

Per the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Hollis said the incident took place in the early morning hours of April 11 outside after-hours club.

The Rams released a statement Wednesday saying they were aware of the reports and "collecting more information."

Re: Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

Whoever ass he whip probably deserved it. Now he wants to get paid for being a douchebag.

Early morning hours at a club. No surprise there

Sounds like a bar fight that will get Donald a slap on the wrist from the police and the NFL.

Yeah the Watson mention seems out of place here. That was (allegedly) a pattern of abuse over a long period of time in multiple states. I don't think Aaron is traveling around to different clubs and targeting and fucking regular dudes up just for the thrill of it. This, at least right now, seems like the standard "guy gets drunk and picks the wrong fight" or "guy sees superstar player and starts some shit to try to get paid".

Worst case scenario I can think of is Aaron had relations with the guy's girl, guy confronted Aaron and then Aaron beat his ass...or Aaron is gay and beat up his boyfriend which would make it DV. Both those scenarios seem highly unlikely, so maybe a settlement and a slap on the wrist from NFL...if it can even be proven that it was Aaron and not a member of his group that actually punched the guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Sounds like a bar fight that will get Donald a slap on the wrist from the police and the NFL.
    You know Bill Parcells' phrase, "Nothing good happens after midnight." ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You know Bill Parcells' phrase, "Nothing good happens after midnight." ... Bc
    I was told the only things that should be open after midnight is hospitals and legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Yeah the Watson mention seems out of place here.
    Two NFL players costing themselves millions of dollars and being dumb enough to get got by 2 situations they have been warned about in detail.

Obviously

Do we know when we play the Rams? Is it entrenched as Game 17? Would be nice to play them the first few weeks as a suspension may be in works pending the outcome here.

Donald didn't do too much last time we played, but we also had Yanda.

Getting into a fight with Aaron Donald wouldn't be my idea of a good night out. If I came out of it with just a black eye and a few cuts on my face I'd consider that a win.

Do some people here really believe that players in the 20s shouldn't be out after midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Two NFL players costing themselves millions of dollars and being dumb enough to get got by 2 situations they have been warned about in detail.

Obviously
    Not so sure that's the case with Aaron. We don't even have any details yet and you guys are assuming he messed up and will cost himself millions? The guy and his lawyers are pressing charges against Donald, because whether he actually assaulted him or not, that makes the most sense. The serious legal question I have is this: If you start a fight, then proceed to lose and lose badly, does that entitle you to be compensated for legal and medical damages? Like I'm seriously having a hard time believing they are going to be able to prove that Aaron Donald initiated an altercation with this man and beat his ass unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Getting into a fight with Aaron Donald wouldn't be my idea of a good night out. If I came out of it with just a black eye and a few cuts on my face I'd consider that a win.

Do some people here really believe that players in the 20s shouldn't be out after midnight?
    Yeah that always bothers me too...yes you incur some risk by being rich and/or famous and going out in public, but you shouldn't be forced to be a hermit either. Aaron was also in his hometown and was probably more inclined to be out and about.

Here's a little more detail from another article I found here:

"A man claims star NFL defensive lineman and Penn Hills native Aaron Donald assaulted him at a nightclub in Pittsburgh's South Side.

Now, the man's attorney, Todd Hollis, wants charges to be filed.

Hollis said his client, De Vincent Spriggs, accidentally bumped into Donald at a nightclub, then Donald allegedly hit Spriggs before he was allegedly hit by others as well.

Spriggs was seen walking with Hollis to Pittsburgh Police Zone 3.

The alleged assault happened Saturday into Sunday night at a place Hollis called the Boom Boom Room nightclub.

Hollis did not speak to whether his client defended himself or if attempts were made to contact Donald's attorney."

Anyone else find it hilarious that they were at the Boom Boom Room?! I just watched Life again with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence this past weekend so that cracked me up.