Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Clowney is a Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    It may prove to be true this year but we say this every frickin off season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Don't get why people say it every off season. The Browns still suck.

Blog Entries

The Browns were tough without Clowney. They have a good o-line, 3 good receivers, 2 stud running backs and a bunch of options at TE. They were soft in coverage and added John Johnson and expect Grant Delpit and Greedy Williams to be healthy this year. They also finally have a real head coach for the first time in forever. The Browns are going to be the pick to win the division this year and just based on talent they should be the favorites. That was all pre-Clowney

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Great news. Better them than us. I look forward to not playing Clowney at least one time this year
    I am sure he started looking for surgeons as the ink dried on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am sure he started looking for surgeons as the ink dried on his contract.
    The Cleveland Clinic Orthopaedics right now.

Blog Entries

10 million is a huge overpay for this guy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's about $2 million per game

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Its incentive based. So it can be up to 10 million a year. But he is under 30 and still has upside technically. I think that amount is about right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Browns were tough without Clowney. They have a good o-line, 3 good receivers, 2 stud running backs and a bunch of options at TE. They were soft in coverage and added John Johnson and expect Grant Delpit and Greedy Williams to be healthy this year. They also finally have a real head coach for the first time in forever. The Browns are going to be the pick to win the division this year and just based on talent they should be the favorites. That was all pre-Clowney
    They legit have a top 5 roster in the league, but that doesn't always mean high level of success. Last year was the best season they have had in ages and finally made the playoffs. Their fans act like they won it all but in reality they were still the 3rd best team in the division.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

"After adding Clowney, the Browns now have three former No. 1 overall picks and 10 total former first-round picks on their roster."

With a "real head coach" and staff and the owner finally keeping his hands off, The Browns have a real chance to build on last year's success and be a team to contend with. As BC said, they couldn't stay bad forever. The fact that they did for so long shows just how inept they really were. Should be a fun season getting to see what they can do and how the Ravens measure up in the division with them and Pitt. I'm sure the folks at the Castle say "Challenge Accepted". Hopefully, some of our fans still have hope that the Ravens can even compete on the same field with them, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They legit have a top 5 roster in the league, but that doesn't always mean high level of success. Last year was the best season they have had in ages and finally made the playoffs. Their fans act like they won it all but in reality they were still the 3rd best team in the division.
    They finally had a legit coach last year to get all their talent functioning as a team. If healthy, Clowney will absolutely help them and was a reason I was hoping we would sign him. Getting the best run defending edge player to play the best running team in the NFL twice a year is a smart move.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    They finally had a legit coach last year to get all their talent functioning as a team. If healthy, Clowney will absolutely help them and was a reason I was hoping we would sign him. Getting the best run defending edge player to play the best running team in the NFL twice a year is a smart move.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Do you or anyone else remember clowney named getting called with the ravens played the Titans last year?

It’s okay fellas. We’ll get a 4th round comp pick next year.