Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Clowney is a Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Which speaks to his availability.

This is a fair move by the Clonws, nothing more. Clowney is disruptive when he plays. And sometimes he is on the field and doesn't play. He's hit and miss and has wasted his talent when available.
    Wasted his talent when available? Sorry, but thats just not accurate. He's been a very good player, even if he doesn't rack up sacks to placate the casual fan.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I looked at some sort of list of double teamed guys. Both Garrett and Clowney were on the top 10. Washington had 2 on the top 10, Chase Young and Montez Sweat.
    Exactly. The guy can play, he just doesn't get the sack numbers that pop out but he does a lot to disrupt an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    3 sacks over 2 years. And people in the other thread are calling Houston over the hill.
    Because sacks mean everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Point stands either way...
    Hardly. With that logic I can say that Stanley sucks because he didn't produce against the Bills in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Hardly. With that logic I can say that Stanley sucks because he didn't produce against the Bills in the playoffs.

I was being sarcastic...the point folks were making is that his ability is mostly limited by his AVAILIBILITY. Being on IR during a critical game kinda drives that point home. I never said he sucks and I don't think most people are saying that. Yes, he said some very effective years, especially during seasons where JJ Watt was not healthy and teams were able to key on him. But many folks, myself included, believe that the biggest reason to not sign him now is because he has shown a propensity to not stay healthy through an entire season.

Can’t help the feeling we’re falling behind boys...on the other hand I trust harbaugh and friends

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Can’t help the feeling we’re falling behind boys...on the other hand I trust harbaugh and friends
    I never feel that way because every single season is different and we just have no idea whatsoever how it's gonna go and even then, how it will evolve as the season goes on.

I mean on Dec 6th last year, the Browns were 9-3 after just beating the Titans and the Ravens were 6-5 and out of the playoff picture after losing the Covid Bowl to the Steelers....
    But was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Wasted his talent when available? Sorry, but thats just not accurate. He's been a very good player, even if he doesn't rack up sacks to placate the casual fan.

He takes plays off. If he put in the effort every play when he had JJ Watt opposite him he should have racked up all kinds of stats on a per play or game basis. When available, even with a premier player every bit as good as Garrett (actually better), his play was good.

Yes, he is very good, when he plays and actually tries. It isn't just the sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Stanley better stay healthy this year
    Yeah, with a healthy Stanley and Brown, Jr. at the tackle spots, I think the Ravens match up well. If someone else on the roster is starting at OT, it'll be a lot tougher matchup.

Because sacks mean everything.

They don't mean everything, but they absolutely matter. For those 7 or 9 games I'm sure he'll be a fine addition to their defense. He's no game wrecker though.

I personally wouldn't say he has been VERY good. After all, this is his 4th team in 3 years. If he was that good someone would have signed him long term. But I would say one of his best seasons is when JJ Watt had 16 sacks. So playing along side a sack machine like Garrett could return him to old form. He played one season that he started all 16 games 4 years ago and he been on a downward spiral after that as far as games played. So saying he is a very good player is inaccurate. Although he does have time to become one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He takes plays off. If he put in the effort every play when he had JJ Watt opposite him he should have racked up all kinds of stats on a per play or game basis. When available, even with a premier player every bit as good as Garrett (actually better), his play was good.

Yes, he is very good, when he plays and actually tries. It isn't just the sacks.
    Yep, and because of this, I don't think he's going to age well. I think we're in the process of seeing his level of play fall hard.