Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Will Baltimore ever be safe again?

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    The honest answer is culture.

Look at asian americans vs african americans, it's nearly all culture in the family unit. It starts and ends there, gov't can mess it up so much (great society, LBJ) but at the end of the day we need 2 parent households, families who cherish work and sacrifice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

That's lovely I park 200 feet from there on O's/Ravens games.

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Tell me what difference I could make? Please offer some brilliant ideas for me to make a difference to stop chaos, crime and hatred in a city that I once called home.

I did give an idea, volunteer with the youth in the city. If you're not willing to try what's the point in discussing this?

What's your idea? I at least gave an honest answer. I haven't heard any 'brilliant ideas' from you.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I did give an idea, volunteer with the youth in the city. If you're not willing to try what's the point in discussing this?

What's your idea? I at least gave an honest answer. I haven't heard any 'brilliant ideas' from you.
    I can go help the youth and throw a ball around and hand out lunches but that don’t change the senseless violence that we see every damn day.
    This all starts at home and how parents raise their children. But when you see adults act like total scum you can’t expect to fix an entire city. And as I’ve said the idiots in office are starting to filter them out in nice county neighborhoods. When do these idiots start fixing problems their damn selves and stop always hoping for a handout.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post

I used to help teach inner city kids to swim. Some of the most fulfilling "work" I have ever done. Also some very sad shit. Some kids would stop showing up and I would find out they were out running the streets. Some were only ten years old. One kid I really like stopped showing up and I found out his grandmother who was raising him didn't want white people teaching her kid. That one really hurt cause this kid got such joy out of learning to swim and I know he had a tough life outside of there. It was his one escape.

The answer always starts at home. Volunteering helps, but can only do so much.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I used to help teach inner city kids to swim. Some of the most fulfilling "work" I have ever done. Also some very sad shit. Some kids would stop showing up and I would find out they were out running the streets. Some were only ten years old. One kid I really like stopped showing up and I found out his grandmother who was raising him didn't want white people teaching her kid. That one really hurt cause this kid got such joy out of learning to swim and I know he had a tough life outside of there. It was his one escape.

See now how sad is that? What’s worse is that kid didn’t view you as a threat or some sort of villain but now he’s probably going through life thinking the white man is out to get him.
    They want to get rid of the divide and want equality but black people preach racism more than any other race I’ve ever seen. You can’t talk to them about it though because the moment you want to have a different opinion you are the racist one.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

Man that sucks. Oddly my first reflex there is to look inward and project her hate on myself as somehow deserving or having earned it. Probably my Catholic upbringing. However, if a white person pulled a kid from a swimming class because the instructor was black we would all denounce her as complete trash.

F'd up world we are living in.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 05-18-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    That's lovely I park 200 feet from there on O's/Ravens games.

WOW
    I used to walk on Rockdale Terrace every day when attending Milford Mill High School,(now Milford Mill Academy). Apparently that's where he lived. The area has changed since then.
    Years before that I delivered papers in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Man that sucks. Oddly my first reflex there is to look inward and project her hate on myself as somehow deserving or having earned it. Probably my Catholic upbringing. However, if a white person pulled a kid from a swimming class because the instructor was black we would all denounce her as complete trash.

It’s humorous to see the backlash that would come if this happened. The thing is blacks people will stand together to call anything a white personal does racist. White people are just like who gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

There are probably 10 black people for every whites person who would think to do such a thing, even though there are 5-6 white people for every black person alive.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I used to walk on Rockdale Terrace every day when attending Milford Mill High School,(now Milford Mill Academy). Apparently that's where he lived. The area has changed since then.
    "changed" would be an understatement!

I grew up right off of Milford Mill Rd. and went to Milford Mill High School.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

12. Re: Will Baltimore ever be safe again?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    That brings back memories. I remember going down to Gwynn Oak Amusement Park and hanging out as kids. Used to know quite a few people from Milford Mill and Randallstown.