Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Will Baltimore ever be safe again?

Each time we hear of a officer all over the country fatality killing a black man the country becomes a hateful place. It’s understandable that there are some bad cops on the forces and they need to be dealt with accordingly. However as I stroll my Twitter timeline and read many saying they’re laying home cry and scared to go outside because of the white police “hunting” the black man. It leads me to ask this question....

Will Baltimore ever be safe again? It’s April 13th and there’s been 30 shot and 1 fatally stabbed in the month of April. Just today 4 were shot today while playing a dice game. Twitter isn’t lighting up about it. The news isn’t breaking in with videos but how can people complain about their fear of police when we have people out here trying to take lives at a rate higher then 2 per day.

How many kids were shot under the age of 18 (not that it makes it any better) but shouldn’t we be bringing more attention to losing our youth rather than someone who is purposely trying to disobey the police? It’s getting embarrassing that nothing is done about this. The country isn’t shutting down baseball games or hockey games over these people in the streets. Why is that? Why don’t they have the same attention that the criminal gets that a cop kills for resisting arrest?

Are we not concerned about the actual body count? Or is it we only care when it’s white VS black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Will Baltimore ever be safe again?

The actual non-criminal citizens of Baltimore aren't afraid of the police. They were horrified by the idea of "abolish the police". In fact, they want more police protection.

The entire "police are evil systemic racists" narrative was carefully constructed by people who are advancing a different agenda. A Marxist agenda. The "pit every man against those who he otherwise lived in peace with" agenda. The "fall of America" agenda.

And the media echo chamber accomplices are all too eager to help fabricate the story.

It will not stop... until the purveyors of this dishonesty are held accountable.

It will not stop.... until the purveyors of propaganda pay the same price that their propaganda imposes on it's victims.

Well, the Captain John O'Donnell statue is gone, so Canton is appreciably safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Well, the Captain John O'Donnell statue is gone, so Canton is appreciably safer.
    So homicides will go up or down this year since that’s gone? They have had a really violent month down there and I don’t think the nice weather helps matters.

And to make matters worse, the General Assembly just passed several anti-police bills, a bill eliminating life sentences for juveniles, and a bill making adults who receive life sentences eligible for release after 16 or 17 years. Keep in mind life sentences are usually reserved for 1st degree murder. You have a city in Baltimore that has over 300 murders a year which leads the nation in per capita and the legislators pass laws to let murderers out early... Fantastic

So to sum up the GA session, advocate for criminals and attack the police. Crabs and the Ravens are soon gonna be the only great things left in Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    And to make matters worse, the General Assembly just passed several anti-police bills, a bill eliminating life sentences for juveniles, and a bill making adults who receive life sentences eligible for release after 16 or 17 years. Keep in mind life sentences are usually reserved for 1st degree murder. You have a city in Baltimore that has over 300 murders a year which leads the nation in per capita and the legislators pass laws to let murderers out early... Fantastic

So to sum up the GA session, advocate for criminals and attack the police. Crabs and the Ravens are soon gonna be the only great things left in Maryland

Why is it lately with states caring more about the criminals than the citizens. In SF you can steal up to $999.00 and not get arrested. What is wrong with their thinking. Don't they believe that will increase crime because the thieves know they won't get arrested.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Why is it lately with states caring more about the criminals than the citizens. In SF you can steal up to $999.00 and not get arrested. What is wrong with their thinking. Don't they believe that will increase crime because the thieves know they won't get arrested.
    No, they don't. While I am not in favor of nonsense laws like those against selling single cigarettes there are necessary laws against crimes like stealing small amounts or breaking windows, etc. Giuliana, regardless of what you think about him, proved that enforcing these smaller laws was effective in reducing major crimes to a large degree. Baltimore is in desperate need of such leadership.

As for where to stay in Baltimore, USUALLY the hotels downtown and the Fells Point and Little Italy areas are safe, as are the areas around the stadiums (especially on game day) and the bars in the Federal Hill area. I would use cabs to go between those areas and not walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    No. There's still some places there trying to clear old inventory of Aunt Jemima pancake mix, so it's still not safe.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    No. There's still some places there trying to clear old inventory of Aunt Jemima pancake mix, so it's still not safe.
    I just bought some uncle Ben’s rice. Does that make me a social justice worrier, for supporting the uncle? Or a racist, for buying a slave?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I just bought some uncle Ben’s rice. Does that make me a social justice worrier, for supporting the uncle? Or a racist, for buying a slave?
    Oh I'd definitely say you're the latter.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You were a confirmed racist before you got out of bed. Actually, you were a confirmed racist in the womb.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Each time we hear of a officer all over the country fatality killing a black man the country becomes a hateful place. It’s understandable that there are some bad cops on the forces and they need to be dealt with accordingly. However as I stroll my Twitter timeline and read many saying they’re laying home cry and scared to go outside because of the white police “hunting” the black man. It leads me to ask this question....

Will Baltimore ever be safe again? It’s April 13th and there’s been 30 shot and 1 fatally stabbed in the month of April. Just today 4 were shot today while playing a dice game. Twitter isn’t lighting up about it. The news isn’t breaking in with videos but how can people complain about their fear of police when we have people out here trying to take lives at a rate higher then 2 per day.

How many kids were shot under the age of 18 (not that it makes it any better) but shouldn’t we be bringing more attention to losing our youth rather than someone who is purposely trying to disobey the police? It’s getting embarrassing that nothing is done about this. The country isn’t shutting down baseball games or hockey games over these people in the streets. Why is that? Why don’t they have the same attention that the criminal gets that a cop kills for resisting arrest?

Are we not concerned about the actual body count? Or is it we only care when it’s white VS black?

Won't happen for at least two reasons.

One, because the police act in our name, are our agents, and because their actions are, um, prospective/foreseeable/planned, there is a heightened sense that they ought be well-regulated.

Two, because it's easier to regulate people who are already prone to being supportive and compliant. On a larger scale, it's why corporations will boycott Georgia for voting right's laws but won't boycott China for human rights violations. No prospect of success with China. The game isn't worth the candle. But Georgia, enough people there are already close enough to your side that they are either amenable to persuasion or fearful of threats. Easier win means more likely to play. You know you are not going to persuade the criminal to obey the law, but you can persuade the law-abiding to move marginally in your direction. So, that's where the focus will go: on police. The criminal is written enough. No expectation to do better. Turn off the lights.