Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Just want to say thanks

I know I don’t post as much as some, mostly because I lack the capacity to keep up, but I’d rather get all my opinions and speculation from right here. I also know jack about college prospects, so researching ones that get mentioned here is an unbelievable benefit to my couch GM experience.

There’s a great cast of characters in here to be sure. I love all of it

Re: Just want to say thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I know I don’t post as much as some, mostly because I lack the capacity to keep up, but I’d rather get all my opinions and speculation from right here. I also know jack about college prospects, so researching ones that get mentioned here is an unbelievable benefit to my couch GM experience.

There’s a great cast of characters in here to be sure. I love all of it

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Appreciate you and your thoughts which I'm sure are shared by many. Thanks for putting them out there.
    Thanks for dumping the one negative post Tony. As usual..great job my man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Who? What? When? Where? And most importantly WHY???
    Glad I missed it, but kinda wish I didn't so I could add to my small but precious ignore list. Not sure what reason there could be for any negative thoughts in THIS thread.

Anyway...

I also agree with RITW on the comment about draft prospects. I don't watch college at all, so I have no idea who guys are until draft night(s). And even then, I don't even look them up until after the Ravens have picked them. I like the background info so many of you guys have on a lot of the prospects and I enjoy watching folks throw names around about who the team SHOULD pick and then snapping when they don't pick them.

Well said OP. You can’t replace the charm of a throw back message board like that has a sense of community. On here when you have a disagreement with someone you still feel like their friend. On the social medias it’s pure hatred.

The 15 minutes or so a day I spend on here goes a lot further and does a lot for me than most other sites. So thanks for all the posters here who make it feel like a real community.

Nice topic! One thing Rygar, without some crazy, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Where else can you see gifs of Boykin''s breakfast habits

I'm not familiar with Hank but that post, even if it was tongue-in-cheek, derailed the intent.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Well said OP. You can’t replace the charm of a throw back message board like that has a sense of community. On here when you have a disagreement with someone you still feel like their friend. On the social medias it’s pure hatred.

The 15 minutes or so a day I spend on here goes a lot further and does a lot for me than most other sites. So thanks for all the posters here who make it feel like a real community.
    I still have a FB account to see pics from relatives and friends but it's become nothing but gushing hate on ads and political messages. I never post anymore.

Here - we are all family, albeit a little dysfunctional

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Laxdad24
    Thanks for dumping the one negative post Tony. As usual..great job my man
    I'm not familiar with Hank but that post, even if it was tongue-in-cheek, derailed the intent.
    Tony, Lax is right, "Hank" is THE most negative poster here. We've all got our opinions of course, but he goes out of his way to try to get a rise out the board (in general) or a particular poster. He calls himself "the Ripper" and that describes him to a T.. Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 04-15-2021 at 09:22 AM.

He’s generally pretty negative but that , IMHO, was just not appropriate for this thread. Thanks again Tony. I figured someone would have it whacked.

Probably no way to check, but I'm curious if the offender was originally Hank the Tank from the Sunspot '99 - '01 seasons and subsequently our predecessor message boards. Similarities in the bullshit being posted.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

ThreadKilla! You da man OP!