Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 LastLast

Re: Justin Houston to visit Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I just don't like the pick swap idea. Ravens need to keep their own picks and if Brown is traded add additional picks. What's been floated on Twitter is Ravens trade Zeus Jr. AND pick #27 for the Vikings #14 pick to draft a WR. So they create and immediate need for a starting RT and give up the opportunity to draft a Phillips,Oweh,Ojulari,Paye,Moehrig,Dickerson,Bateman or Marshall at #27 for the third or fourth best rookie wideout? IDGI.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    If the Ravens end up trading OBJ, they either think highly of Phillips or have to draft a replacement with their first round. I don't like either option, rather keep OBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A handshake agreement means nothing if another team calls with a better offer. It's not actually an agreement. It's just a handshake.
    It means something. It means the ravens are really not desperate to sign anyone right now or scared to lose any player they are targeting right now. So it let's me know that either they feel confident in signing someone, confident about the draft, or edge rusher is just not a top priority, especially over picks. So handshake agreement really gives you a snapshot in the front office mindset right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    If the Ravens end up trading OBJ, they either think highly of Phillips or have to draft a replacement with their first round. I don't like either option, rather keep OBJ.
    I think it would be foolish of the Ravens to trade OBJ. You weaken the oline by doing so and why would you even do that when your starting left tackle was out for season with an injury. I think OBJ will be franchise then traded when his contract is up. But no way ill give him up this season or now.

Blog Entries

I just don't like the pick swap idea. Ravens need to keep their own picks and if Brown is traded add additional picks. What's been floated on Twitter is Ravens trade Zeus Jr. AND pick #27 for the Vikings #14 pick to draft a WR. So they create and immediate need for a starting RT and give up the opportunity to draft a Phillips,Oweh,Ojulari,Paye,Moehrig,Dickerson,Bateman or Marshall at #27 for the third or fourth best rookie wideout? IDGI.
    In my post I wrote "trade O. Brown to the Chargers for a swap of 1st round picks (we get their #13 and they get our #27) plus either one of their two 3rd round picks OR their 4th round pick (#118)." In that scenario we swap 1st rounders AND receive an additional pick... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In my post I wrote "trade O. Brown to the Chargers for a swap of 1st round picks (we get their #13 and they get our #27) plus either one of their two 3rd round picks OR their 4th round pick (#118)." In that scenario we swap 1st rounders AND receive an additional pick... Bc
    An additional 3rd or 4th round pick along with the Chargers first while sacrificing their own first round pick and their starting RT to get it?
    They'd be better off to just swap Brown for a very late first or just deal him off for a second+ and keep their pick at 27 or just not trade him at all.
    Outside of the top 6-8 picks I'm not all that convinced that those in the teens to mid 20's are really that much better than the options the Ravens will have at 27. I'm sure the Chargers would love to come out of the first round with a 24 year old Pro bowl OT and a Jaelan Phillips.That 13th pick isnt worth that even with a 3rd or 4th included,imo.

Last edited by TDL1000; 04-16-2021 at 11:43 PM.

I'm not swapping.

Gimme the pick(s).

Otherwise, I keep Zeus Deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm not swapping.

Gimme the pick(s).

I agree, swapping picks in the 1st round wouldn't give us the value of a 1st round pick if we were to trade OBJ, however getting an additional 3rd round pick would be 1st round value.

I'm still not sure if I'd like that. Guess it would depend on who we ended up with.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    I agree, swapping picks in the 1st round wouldn't give us the value of a 1st round pick if we were to trade OBJ, however getting an additional 3rd round pick would be 1st round value.

I'm still not sure if I'd like that. Guess it would depend on who we ended up with.
    My biggest question is that by looking over all the mock drafts outside of the top 10 players they're all over the place. One has the same players going in the early to mid teens as another has going in the early to mid 20's. It's not like they'd be trading up for Pitts,Chase or Sewell they'll already be gone.
    Im not crazy about dealing Brown to begin with but with an additional late first at least they'd be able to draft a Jenkins or a Leatherwood to play RT having them under their rookie contract for 5 years and potentially address Edge or WR as well making the Jackson and Andrews extensions a little easier.

9. Re: Justin Houston to visit Ravens

My biggest question is that by looking over all the mock drafts outside of the top 10 players they're all over the place. One has the same players going in the early to mid teens as another has going in the early to mid 20's. It's not like they'd be trading up for Pitts,Chase or Sewell they'll already be gone.
    Im not crazy about dealing Brown to begin with but with an additional late first at least they'd be able to draft a Jenkins or a Leatherwood to play RT having them under their rookie contract for 5 years and potentially address Edge or WR as well making the Jackson and Andrews extensions a little easier.

More likely Leatherwood. I see Jenkins chances of making it to 27 very slim. Raiders, Bears, Titans, Jets should all have interest.

Keep Brown , only way i trade to chargers if they give me K Allen. Straight up is fine with me.

Nfl.com had a trade for us , like we move from 27 to 35 and get a 4th and i think a 5th with it.

If our top 5 is gone at 27 , i would love this kind of deal.

Can get someone hopefully at 35 that fell , add extra day 3 picks that we still can get some good talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Hopefully Houston liked the offered we hopefully made and said yeah ill chill until next month.
    Take a vacation knowing ravens will sign you as early as may 3.

Hopefully we won him over enough. I think would be a good addition to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm not swapping.

Gimme the pick(s).

Agreed, no pick swapping