Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Justin Houston to visit Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Apparently, Houston wants to sign now. Would the Ravens give up a comp pick to make sure they got him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This drives me crazy sometimes to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He had a pretty poor pressure rate. I'd prefer Melvin Ingram but we'll see.

We could sign both. How much do you expect him to sign for? Spotrac has us at 13.5M. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for 4-5M AAV this late.

Apparently, Houston wants to sign now. Would the Ravens give up a comp pick to make sure they got him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...264053248?s=21

Sign any of them before may might cost us a 4th round comp. we in a tough spot, EDC love his comp picks. At the same time, no player is going to wait around for a promise from a franchise, especially waiting through the draft coming up.
    Last edited by Davesta; 04-09-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...264053248?s=21

Sign any of them before may night cost us a 4th round comp. we in a tough spot, EDC love his comp picks. At the same time, no player is going to wait around for a promise from a franchise, especially waiting through the draft coming up.
    Yeah Dave, and EDC was trained by Ozzie to love those Comp Picks. I don't blame him if he waits, but Houston (or any other UFA is signed pre-May 3rd) he would just have to live with it. Patience is a virtue... Bc

I think we have lost way more free agents then we have signed. Are we sure this is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yeah Dave, and EDC was trained by Ozzie to love those Comp Picks. I don't blame him if he waits, but Houston (or any other UFA is signed pre-May 3rd) he would just have to live with it. Patience is a virtue... Bc
    Yeah. If it’s Houston, I understand.

But I’m in the camp of wanting Clowney still. And if we risk losing out on him merely due to a 4th round comp pick security, I would be disappointed.

Blog Entries

Hell yeah, right player right place.

But, don't negotiate yourself out of a good deal.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

I must be reading the wrong sites bc I saw where he has been consistently at the top of the hurries list.
    "That's what."
    — She

Just going off memory Watkins is the only true free agent we have signed other then Stone who probably doesn't qualify in the formula.

While we have lost Skura, Moore, Cox, Snead, Ward in addition to Ngakoue and Judon.

I agree and would prefer Melvin Ingram. Think he is a better fit. Last year he had 0 sacks, but it was an outlier to his career where he missed multiple games. Over the last 5 years he has had 7, 7, 10.5, 8 sacks.

However if we are only comparing sacks, Houston has 8, 11, 9, 9.5 and 4 (5 games) over the last 5 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Yeah. If it’s Houston, I understand.

But I’m in the camp of wanting Clowney still. And if we risk losing out on him merely due to a 4th round comp pick security, I would be disappointed.
    Can't a GM actually negotiate a contract, guaranteeing a player security, then just sign him on May 3rd? I don't know, maybe it's against the rules, but if it isn't then the problem goes away... Bc

I mean, if I'm the Ravens, I'm telling him if you want to sign today, the offer is $X for Y years. If you sign on May 3, the offer is $X + 20% for Y years. To be more specific I'm bumping his signing bonus significantly if he agrees to wait, and that spreads out over the length of the deal (3 years?). That's nothing from a cap perspective and everything if it means an extra fourth round pick next year.

Why does he care if he signs the deal on April 15 v. May 3? Put yourself in his shoes. Would you really say no to an extra $1 million, $5 million, whatever it takes, in you checking account if it meant waiting 3 weeks to nail it down?

Sometimes as fans I think we have anxiety over problems that are not real.
    "That's what."
    — She