Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Justin Houston to visit Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    Like i said you only have bowser. Im not sure the ravens will just be comfortable just signing only one vet. McPhee is situational and over the hill. Ferguson struggle to see the field. And the other two are TBD.

Bowser
    2 vets
    McPhee

Those will be your locks. Whoever they draft will be battling with Ferguson and one of those 3 vets.
    McPhee is NOT over the hill in terms of performance. Though limited in snaps due to injury (or fear of) and keeping him fresh over the season when he is in he is quite effective. And last year he played a good number of snaps at a pretty high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I think a double dip at edge in the draft is much more likely than two in Free Agency.
    I don't think the draft is that deep in edge rushers. You need a starter and a legit backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    McPhee is NOT over the hill in terms of performance. Though limited in snaps due to injury (or fear of) and keeping him fresh over the season when he is in he is quite effective. And last year he played a good number of snaps at a pretty high level.
    Yes he is over the hill. He is a 11 year vet. He will be 33 during the season. He peaked out. McPhee had a couple of stand out moments and games last year but his prime is in the rear view mirror. Not sure why you are trying to debate that. Not saying the ravens can't use him but they should be looking for some more bodies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    That sounds about right. I could see two edge rusher FA's being brought in.
    Don't think that's the way the Ravens roll. With Watkins signed, I can see a WR drafted pretty high too, but not a 2nd FA WR. No different for Pass Rusher/EDGE. I expect EDC to draft one high AND sign one of the left-overs... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Don't think that's the way the Ravens roll. With Watkins signed, I can see a WR drafted pretty high too, but not a 2nd FA WR. No different for Pass Rusher/EDGE. I expect EDC to draft one high AND sign one of the left-overs... Bc
    Yes. I'd expect the Ravens to bring in a FA veteran EDGE guy and draft another EDGE in a nod towards the future.

Blog Entries

McPhee is more of a run stuffer at this point in his career... although a very good one at that. You can't count on him as a consistent pass rusher. The defense still needs at least two additional guys that can get to the QB to remain a top 5 D this year

Apparently he's just landed to visit the Texans, so Justin Houston's Justin Houston.

Or

If he signs in Cleveland will he become Jadeveon Browney or will they become the Cleveland Clowns? Which is actually better - it alliterates and at least they'd have the perfect logo.

That's me out of terrible free agent pass rusher jokes, you'll be glad to hear.

There will be cuts after the draft once teams have filled a position. Also looking at the caps of some teams they need to make space to sign their picks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    There will be cuts after the draft once teams have filled a position. Also looking at the caps of some teams they need to make space to sign their picks.
    I don't see how a bottom of the roster type of player will help as a fairly major contributor on a contending team. It might be wishful thinking that the Ravens will find a useful player that way.

Needy teams like the Jets and the Giants didn't find any real pass rush help that way last season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    yup shades of last year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yup shades of last year
    There weren't many late pass rusher moves last year. Other than Ngakoue signing with Minnesota after his hold out, which was a special case, the biggest moves after the draft were Charles Harris (3 sacks) and Everson Griffen (2.5 sacks) who was only available because of Ngakoue's move.

That just doesn't seem a very likely source of veteran pass rush help. I think these free agents are the Ravens best bet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    There weren't many late pass rusher moves last year. Other than Ngakoue signing with Minnesota after his hold out, which was a special case, the biggest moves after the draft were Charles Harris (3 sacks) and Everson Griffen (2.5 sacks) who was only available because of Ngakoue's move.

That just doesn't seem a very likely source of veteran pass rush help. I think these free agents are the Ravens best bet.
    Ravens traded for Ngakoue in October

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!