No extra charge for 9th home game this year for PSL holders

I appreciate this move by the Ravens, explained in an email to PSL holders today:

"Replacing a preseason game with a regular season matchup significantly increases the value of season tickets for PSL Owners but the price of season ticket packages for 2021 will not be increased. The per game cost assigned to each game will be communicated to you once the game schedule is released but the total due will stay the same."

I hoped they'd go this route, but had they requested another X amount of dollars for the extra regular-season game, I'm sure all of us would've forked it over. But after the year we've all had, nice of them to recognize that the juice would not have been worth the squeeze.

Blog Entries

Re: No extra charge for 9th home game this year for PSL holders

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    I appreciate this move by the Ravens, explained in an email to PSL holders today:

"Replacing a preseason game with a regular season matchup significantly increases the value of season tickets for PSL Owners but the price of season ticket packages for 2021 will not be increased. The per game cost assigned to each game will be communicated to you once the game schedule is released but the total due will stay the same."

I hoped they'd go this route, but had they requested another X amount of dollars for the extra regular-season game, I'm sure all of us would've forked it over. But after the year we've all had, nice of them to recognize that the juice would not have been worth the squeeze.
    the Per game cost is easy to figure out it whatever your price is divided by 10. we have to buy all 10 no matter what, so the price is the same for them all.

They are talking about the Tiered Ticket Prices they had last year. My section 120 ticket for the Steelers (Prime) was $189.00 plus $10 S+H not 1/10 of my season ticket which was $114.50.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    They are talking about the Tiered Ticket Prices they had last year. My section 120 ticket for the Steelers (Prime) was $189.00 plus $10 S+H not 1/10 of my season ticket which was $114.50.
    Tiered ticket prices only matter when you are buying single tickets, when we are forced to buy all 10, each game is 1/10.

You get one preseason game and nine regular season games this year. Next year you get 2 and 8. Still paying for 10. I can't see them raising the price every other year for the extra game, but it's possible. I just hope they don't price us out of attending.

Hey Brtnder81, I was just trying to explain what happened last year when the Ravens charged $189 for the Prime game plus $10 S + H NOT the $114.50 which was my per game season ticket price. Does anybody really think that in the future when we have the extra game and it is a Prime game that Steve is going to sell that ticket for the $58 preseason price or will he sell it for the Prime price of $189. They will say that the season ticket price for JUST that season will be $1276 and next season it will go back to $1145. Whoever came up with the Tiered Ticket Price scheme should have gotten a big raise from Steve. So ifyou like going to the games you just pay the price and I have for the last 25 years.

I just hope the addition of the rams game helps me sell my tickets for the upcoming season.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Hey pslholder96, my concern is will it be healthy to go to the games. Who do you believe that it is OK to go to the games if you have had the shots. Not sure I believe Dr. Fauci because he changes his mind every other day. Not sure I trust the Ravens because they are looking at big money and I am not sure the fans are number 1 on there concern list. I still have not paid for my tickets and they gave me until May 15 to pay. I hate to give up my PSL's but my health safety is my number 1 concern. I am sure there are a lot of people like me out there. But if I give up my PSL's it sure has been a lot of fun. Go Lamar!!!

Hey pslholder96, my concern is will it be healthy to go to the games. Who do you believe that it is OK to go to the games if you have had the shots. Not sure I believe Dr. Fauci because he changes his mind every other day. Not sure I trust the Ravens because they are looking at big money and I am not sure the fans are number 1 on there concern list. I still have not paid for my tickets and they gave me until May 15 to pay. I hate to give up my PSL's but my health safety is my number 1 concern. I am sure there are a lot of people like me out there. But if I give up my PSL's it sure has been a lot of fun. Go Lamar!!!
    That's a valid concern no doubt. Personally if I could go I do have enough trust in the medical community and the Ravens to attend games. Perhaps try to sell your tickets this year, keep the PSLs and attend next year? By then we'll have more clarity on where things stand. Best of luck to whatever you decide.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Hey Brtnder81, I was just trying to explain what happened last year when the Ravens charged $189 for the Prime game plus $10 S + H NOT the $114.50 which was my per game season ticket price. Does anybody really think that in the future when we have the extra game and it is a Prime game that Steve is going to sell that ticket for the $58 preseason price or will he sell it for the Prime price of $189. They will say that the season ticket price for JUST that season will be $1276 and next season it will go back to $1145. Whoever came up with the Tiered Ticket Price scheme should have gotten a big raise from Steve. So ifyou like going to the games you just pay the price and I have for the last 25 years.
    The reason that the Tiered system was started was because the team started losing PSL owners. The tiered system allows them to charge more for single tickets. When the stadium was 65k+ of PSLs the team knew every seat would be filled. Now the team is struggling to sell PSL's so they are offering $2,500 upper sideline PSL's for $500 and still are having problems moving them. I did not put in for the Pittsburgh tickets because I refuse to pay nearly 3x what my season ticket prices are.

Hey pslholder96, that is what I am thinking but have not made a final decision yet. After 25 years I hate to give them up.
    Hey Brtnder81, I paid the $189 + $10 S + H but at the last minute I just did not feel safe going out there. But that was my stupid fault for buying them. I had a couple people say to me after I bought them that I was really taking a chance going out there. I had not thought about the train ride either. I paid for that mistake.

Blog Entries

I'm skeptical they are going to have the full capacity of 70k but I guess we'll see. Still what, 3 1/2 months until we'd be looking at pre-season. It's an outdoor venue, being vaccinated and since I'm going to continue wearing a mask indefinitely I won't have any second thoughts about going especially if it's reduced capacity again. But everyone has to make that decision themselves. Too soon to really say at this point.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52