Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

My fairest and most humble opinion for a 24 year old stud left tackle? A top 5 draft pick. Fight me.

Two 1st round picks.

Any team wanted to trade for Brown is doing so knowing he wants to start at left tackle, and that we'll lose our right tackle when trading him. Which means they would have to value Brown as an above average starting left tackle in the league, and would need to compensate us for the loss.

I think the absolute floor is a high second round pick (Like #33 to #38 range), and the ceiling is something similar to Tunsil.
    Last edited by InigoMontoya; 04-09-2021 at 10:53 AM.

For those that want to keep Brown (which I get), I think of it this way:

Would I prefer to keep a very good but potentially unhappy Brown and receive a 3rd round comp pick the following year after he leaves in FA, OR attempt to trade him now while his value is high, while avoiding any potential social media issues and/or locker room issues?

A key point to that question is the word(s) potential/potentially. Perhaps he stays and there are no further tweets about him wanting to play LT and he continues to be a great teammate and player for another year. Perhaps. I'd prefer to deal one year of Brown and get back 4/5 years of one or two (or more) prospects.

No matter how it plays out, I hope it works out for all involved.

Unless a team throws a 1st round pick our way, the value of keeping Brown for one more year is far greater than the 3rd round comp pick we might get if gets his big payday. My preference is to keep him and force him to play out his contract at RT
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pappas View Post
    For those that want to keep Brown (which I get), I think of it this way:

Would I prefer to keep a very good but potentially unhappy Brown and receive a 3rd round comp pick the following year after he leaves in FA, OR attempt to trade him now while his value is high, while avoiding any potential social media issues and/or locker room issues?

A key point to that question is the word(s) potential/potentially. Perhaps he stays and there are no further tweets about him wanting to play LT and he continues to be a great teammate and player for another year. Perhaps. I'd prefer to deal one year of Brown and get back 4/5 years of one or two (or more) prospects.

No matter how it plays out, I hope it works out for all involved.
    If his goal is a big contract as a LT, he will play his ass off next year and do everything asked of him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Unless a team throws a 1st round pick our way, the value of keeping Brown for one more year is far greater than the 3rd round comp pick we might get if gets his big payday. My preference is to keep him and force him to play out his contract at RT
    Exactly my thoughts.

Personally, I wouldn't take anything less than a first. If not, I'll keep him, and weigh whether I can or should franchise and trade him for a second next season...if he's worth a second now, he'll be worth a second next year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

For those who said he wouldn't fit other teams offenses because of ours forget he played well in a different offense at Oklahoma. It shows he can adjust.

Huh? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    For us that'd be him at RT for the year, all pro season, sb winner, huge new contract to bring us a third comp.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't take anything less than a first. If not, I'll keep him, and weigh whether I can or should franchise and trade him for a second next season...if he's worth a second now, he'll be worth a second next year.
    Agreed. I will take it one step further though. It would have to be a top 20 pick in the first round for me. For example, I wouldn’t trade him to the Chiefs for their late first round pick. OBJ would have more value on the team this season than such a late first round pick would bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If his goal is a big contract as a LT, he will play his ass off next year and do everything asked of him.
    Exactly. He’s not going to play poorly and then expect to get paid. I don’t care how unhappy he is with the situation. If he wants to get top LT money he needs to get to another Pro Bowl.