Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If the Colts did offer their 1st (#21) & 4th (#127), and he agreed to the Colts contract offer, I'd snap it up. Even though the Ravens have "wiggle room" (he's ours in 2021, but only for his final year prior to UFA or Franchise Tag?), so that would be a very tempting offer to me... Bc
    Agreed.

I maintain that he is worth between pick 25 and pick 60, which covers a range of 400-720 points.

I believe EDC is holding out for more in the range of 1000, and we will likely see Brown Play in purple one more year, leave and we hope to get our third round pick for him.
    The company pick game is harder lately, as we are extremely unlikely to get (2)3rds for our past ushers we al assumed would be a “gimme”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I honestly think it's probably a 3rd round pick. He is going to want to get PAID after one year, so factor that in. Would rather keep him a year at RT and get that 3rd comp
    I think that's a massive undervaluation of Orlando. He's been blocking NFL pass rushers very successfully for three years. Yes, he's helped by Lamar's escapability and all the running, but he's played plenty of straight drop back passing snaps on the right and left.

I don't even think the contract is a much of an obstacle. Having a LT that's good enough to earn a big salary is a problem most teams would want if they don't have one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think that's a massive undervaluation of Orlando. He's been blocking NFL pass rushers very successfully for three years. Yes, he's helped by Lamar's escapability and all the running, but he's played plenty of straight drop back passing snaps on the right and left.

I don't even think the contract is a much of an obstacle. Having a LT that's good enough to earn a big salary is a problem most teams would want if they don't have one.
    Time will tell

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Time will tell
    Yeah. It's possible he looks terrible outside of the Ravens offense but I don't think it's likely.

Even if he does turn into a pumpkin away from Baltimore, I think his value right now surely has to be higher than a 3rd because he's a young multiple pro bowl player at a premium position, who's generally considered to be pretty good.

I would love the Colts pick and see OBJ get paid, but I’ve almost given up on him being traded. I think he will be here playing RT next season. If we were to trade him though, I would love Tevin Jenkins as a replacement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I maintain that he is worth between pick 25 and pick 60, which covers a range of 400-720 points.

I believe EDC is holding out for more in the range of 1000, and we will likely see Brown Play in purple one more year, leave and we hope to get our third round pick for him.
    The company pick game is harder lately, as we are extremely unlikely to get (2)3rds for our past ushers we al assumed would be a “gimme”.
    I think I read that EDC was fine with the offers, but Brown wanted a huge contract that would make other teams balk (?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think I read that EDC was fine with the offers, but Brown wanted a huge contract that would make other teams balk (?) ... Bc
    That was Tony's April Fool's story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That was Tony's April Fool's story.
    If so, I guess he got this (old) fool ... Bc

I'd pitch OBJr as equal to Tunsil. Let him go at a "steal" for a #15 (or so) 1st rounder plus a 4th or 5th OR 2nd and 3rd in that range (#15 or so).
    Better, keep him this year, franchise him next year, take the comp pick after that.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

I've maintained from the beginning that he's worth a late first (20-30) and a 3rd.
    If they can't get that I'd rather them just let him play out his contract (hopefully win a Superbowl) then either tag him and trade him next offseason or wish him well and.take the comp pick.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Fair value would be a proven, stud veteran RT who can be counted on to start all games. Personally, I hope Orlando doesn’t get dealt away. This offense (like most offenses) depends on the strength of its offensive line. Currently, Baltimore’s tackles are its O Line’s strength. If Orlando departs, that leaves the Ravens with Ronnie Stanley as the only remaining Pro Bowl calibre lineman. God knows the interior needs work. And Stanley’s coming off a big injury. I don’t even want to imagine a scenario where Stanley is less than 100% AND Orlando’s replacement turns out to be sub-par.
    Orlando is very good, young, and has started every game since being drafted. Call me crazy, but that’s the type of player who needs to be retained. I have faith that EDC and the FO realize that too.