Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Thank you.
    Live and learn. I honestly thought when he signed that tender it locked in his salary for 2021.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Years ago the Ravens franchised Ray Rice and signed a contract extension 5 minutes before that July deadline. If they hadn't I remember they would have been on the hook for a cap number they couldn't afford. We were all waiting for news of either an extension or some players who were going to have to be cut right up to that deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato_Papi View Post
    Man I truly think OBJ gets traded on draft night. I imagine if there is a run on LTs (Sewell, Slater,Darrisaw) before MINN, LAC, or CHI.

Either team would trade their 1st for OBJ.

My delusional ideal trade:

OBJ + 2021 Second
    for
    CHI 2021 Pick 20 + Allen Robinson

At best, CHI would get a Comp 3rd in two years for Robinson if he plays in Chicago - so a second this year may be “too much” - but helps balance out the 1st this year.

Both OBJ and Robinson need new contracts - so I think the risk is more or less ‘balanced’ there

I could see EDC then trading one of the 1st to acquire more picks and recoup the 2nd to CHI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ravens would be all over that trade. Give us a better player in Robinson and a 1st rounder for OBJ and a 2nd. Bill O'Brien would approve.

His value is whatever DeCosta accepts or something more than whatever he turns down. Ultimately, it's whatever DeCosta can extract -- er, negotiate out of a fellow GM.

I don't think his value is as high as some here do.
    31 other teams-- how many are confident OBJr is better than what they have now at LT? Consider questions about gimmicky offense, consider questions about scheme fit.
    Of the remaining, how many can have cap space to pay him?
    Of the remaining, how many would rather have a freshly minted draftee with a lightweight contract?

Perhaps what's underestimated is the degree to which this year's draft is a black box. Some teams might not want more picks in the fourth or fifht round because they haven't seen those guys play as much or had the opportunity to do other kinds of recon. Those teams will instead look for higher profile players, players with more information surroudning them, players who seem safer.

If you give up a first round pick for OBJr then you are resigning yourself into settling for reaching your hand into this year's especially dark mystery box. I'm just going to guess that a lot teams don't have as much confidence in their scouting department to be comfortable doing that. If anything, I can see more GMs looking at their big board, shrugging their shoulders at the names, and then dialing up their peers, trying to pawn off their late round dark picks for players in a spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    Ravens would be all over that trade. Give us a better player in Robinson and a 1st rounder for OBJ and a 2nd. Bill O'Brien would approve.
    Hey, the Chicago Bears have been that dumb before regarding draft trades

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Hey, the Chicago Bears have been that dumb before regarding draft trades
    Big rumor on Twitter is the Bears sending #20 and #83 to the Ravens for Brown Jr. and either pick #131 or #171.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Big rumor on Twitter is the Bears sending #20 and #83 to the Ravens for Brown Jr. and either pick #131 or #171.

Source?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Source?
    Brown's agent wearing his super sneaky sunglasses so he can leak it without anyone knowing

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brown's agent wearing his super sneaky sunglasses so he can leak it without anyone knowing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I completely remember that! Bobby Valentine with the fake stache after he was tossed from the game! Classic!

Blog Entries

i’m thinking 31st and three other picks for Brown and a pick??? who with me??

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    i’m thinking 31st and three other picks for Brown and a pick??? who with me??
    Smart man