Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/ge...e-chatter-back

The Vikings send the No. 14 pick, the No. 125 overall pick (4th Round), and a 2022 2nd-Round pick to Baltimore for Brown and the 27th pick in this year’s 1st Round.
    I’m sorry, I know this is just a rumor, but I’ve said it before and I stand by it. I think any draft capital we have to give up to move Brown is not a good deal. I don’t even WANT to move Brown, but I understand he wants to get paid and deserves it so I support him. If he is going to go though, it should be to build capital, not lose it. I would love to pick up the 14th pick in the draft. There are players that could be there that I couldn't have dreamed we’d have a shot at, but not at the expense of the 27. We would need that 14 and 27 I think. We have some big holes we need to fill already and losing OBJ would create another. In my head, I would love to go BPA at 14 and then take Jenkins at 27 to replace OBJ. If we have to give up that pick, I’d rather keep him for the season. I like the way out OLine is looking for this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought you would be the one who would be least interested since we would have to give up the #27 pick.

For me it's still going to come down to who is available at #14. There is a chance that Waddle falls that far. I can't seen Chase or Devonta Smith being there. Would I trade Orlando Brown for Jaylon Waddle a 4th this year and a 2nd next year? Yes I would. Would I do that for a Greg Rousseau or Kwity Paye or one of the Cornerbacks? No way.
    You're right, normally I wouldn't be tempted by such a trade. However, if we're going to lose him (eventually) then that seems a pretty fair deal. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just get two good picks outright, but (for instance) if we were going to get a 2nd and a 4th for him, that's now a 2nd, 4th, and a 13 spot move-up in the 1st (which possibly can be traded for a lower 1st plus an additional pick). downside is that we'd be compelled to draft OT high and that would soak up one pick. If this rumor is true, then EDC has a lot of thinking to do... Bc

Blog Entries

would you do it for this guy? What about Jaycee Horn?

• Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/G, USC (6-4, 300 pounds)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

You had to go there. Lol. All I will say is that Horn would be nice to have and I think Vera-Tucker is the best fit for our OLine. With that being said, I think I’d rather have OBJ without giving up the 14 and someone like Bateman or Paye at 27.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

No and no

If I'm doing a pick swap its for one of the big 3 wide receivers, one of the 2 top Tackles or Kyle Pitts.

6. Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

OB Jr. fair value is a first round draft pick from 20 to 23. I'll take that. A trade with Chicago, Indianapolis or New York. I don't think the Ravens would trade with Tennessee even though that would be great for Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill. Who knows though!

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    OB Jr. fair value is a first round draft pick from 20 to 23. I'll take that. A trade with Chicago, Indianapolis or New York. I don't think the Ravens would trade with Tennessee even though that would be great for Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill. Who knows though!
    I’ve always thought Indy would be the best match. Chicago would be too, but I don’t know how much of a difference a Pro Bowl LT would do for them with Dalton as their starter. Most mocks I see have Indy taking Darrisaw from VT. He’s a good prospect, but I’d want a proven OT instead to line up next to Nelson. Those 2 together would be amazing. I’d run left all game. Lol

8. Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    I’ve always thought Indy would be the best match. Chicago would be too, but I don’t know how much of a difference a Pro Bowl LT would do for them with Dalton as their starter. Most mocks I see have Indy taking Darrisaw from VT. He’s a good prospect, but I’d want a proven OT instead to line up next to Nelson. Those 2 together would be amazing. I’d run left all game. Lol
    With Dalton being older, it even more important for the Bears to protect Dalton as well as Indy with Carson Wentz. Young pro bowl left tackles don't happen that often. The lesson with Mahomes in the superbowl validates this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    I’m sorry, I know this is just a rumor, but I’ve said it before and I stand by it. I think any draft capital we have to give up to move Brown is not a good deal. I don’t even WANT to move Brown, but I understand he wants to get paid and deserves it so I support him. If he is going to go though, it should be to build capital, not lose it. I would love to pick up the 14th pick in the draft. There are players that could be there that I couldn't have dreamed we’d have a shot at, but not at the expense of the 27. We would need that 14 and 27 I think. We have some big holes we need to fill already and losing OBJ would create another. In my head, I would love to go BPA at 14 and then take Jenkins at 27 to replace OBJ. If we have to give up that pick, I’d rather keep him for the season. I like the way out OLine is looking for this season.
    I agree ... I think they will be offered a 1st and a second pick by any of the Bears, Skins, Colts, or Chiefs. I’m certain the Ravens will prefer that to the a 1st round pick swap that leaves them with only 1 1st rounder. If they get offered a single pick at #13 or #14 I’m betting they trade it to pick up another 2nd or early 3rd.

My official prediction is +/- 1000 points based on the Draftek value board.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    With Dalton being older, it even more important for the Bears to protect Dalton as well as Indy with Carson Wentz. Young pro bowl left tackles don't happen that often. The lesson with Mahomes in the superbowl validates this.

The issue is Zeus hasn't been a probowl LT. He is a probowl RT. It is asking a lot of team to not only pay him elite LT money which what Zeus and his agent clearly want but also give up a massive amount of draft captial when doing so.

I get it though Zeus doesn't want to hit FA without at least getting a shot to prove he is a LT to teams. He doesn't want to hit FA with teams only offering RT money that is why he desperately wants out so he can prove himself to teams BEFORE FA rather then be forced to sign a PROVE IT deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    I agree ... I think they will be offered a 1st and a second pick by any of the Bears, Skins, Colts, or Chiefs. I’m certain the Ravens will prefer that to the a 1st round pick swap that leaves them with only 1 1st rounder. If they get offered a single pick at #13 or #14 I’m betting they trade it to pick up another 2nd or early 3rd.

My official prediction is +/- 1000 points based on the Draftek value board.
    The two teams I've been reading most about on Twitter in terms of Zeus Jr. are the Vikings and the Bears.
    The Bears rumor isn't so bad. No swap.
    #20+#83 for Brown and #171
    The Vikings deal I'm not crazy about. Pick swap.
    #14+#119+#3 pick in 2022 for Brown+#27.
    A fair trade with the Vikings in my opinion would be if they had to get a pick in return it should be Brown+#58 for Pick #14.
    Pick#14=1100 points.
    For:
    Pick #58=320
    Brown(#22)=780 Equivalent=1100
    Vikings would get their OT and a second round pick they don't have and the Ravens would keep their #27 and be in a position to trade down with the #14 to recoup the second rounder they gave up. Win win

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TDL1000; 04-18-2021 at 01:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    The issue is Zeus hasn't been a probowl LT. He is a probowl RT. It is asking a lot of team to not only pay him elite LT money which what Zeus and his agent clearly want but also give up a massive amount of draft captial when doing so.

I get it though Zeus doesn't want to hit FA without at least getting a shot to prove he is a LT to teams. He doesn't want to hit FA with teams only offering RT money that is why he desperately wants out so he can prove himself to teams BEFORE FA rather then be forced to sign a PROVE IT deal.
    Brown played almost 11 regular season games and 2 playoff games at LT last. He was a Pro Bowl LT in 2020 and already proved it. What he didn't prove is that he can be just as good in a conventional offense.

The Vikings and Bears don't have a QB running 170+ times a season and passing just 375 times. No one does. Andy Dalton in just 9 games had almost as many pass attempts as Lamar had in 15. Will Brown's pass blocking skills look as good when the QB isn't a threat to run and is going to drop back and pass the ball most downs? No one knows. A team is going to have to look beyond the gimmick offense of the Ravens. That's a lot harder to figure out than LT vs RT.