Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

If Eric DeCosta decides to deal Orlando Brown Jr, what would you consider fair value? I and others have proposed a decent number of scenarios, with my latest tweet targeting Colts fans> https://twitter.com/GregPappasJr/sta...29862757810176

That particular trade is Brown for the Colts' 1st (#21) & 4th (#127). Thus far the reaction has been positive in a limited number of replies (37 votes), with 67% in favor.

Regardless, based on the Jimmie Johnson trade value chart ( https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp ), I feel 850 points is fair value. But, what value would you assign?

Re: In your opinion, what is fair value for Orlando Brown Jr?

If crowdsourcing Colts fans ends up favorable, then I'm certainly fine with 850 pts.

The 13th pick alone (Chargers) which has been brought up before, is 1150 JJP. I believe that will end up being too rich.

I'd be delighted with 850 JJ points. I'm glad to hear the Colts fans seem to support that.

I was expecting the offer to be around 6 - 700 points so anything more than that would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pappas View Post
    what value would you assign?
    It's hard.

Orlando, and Mason Cole, were both 3rd round O-linemen in the 2018 draft. They're both full-time starters. The Vikes just acquired Cole via trade for a 6th-rd pick.

Laramy Tunsil is 26yo 2-time Pro Bowl LT. Two years ago he was involved in a blockbuster trade, where the Texans:

Got Gave
    Laremy Tunsil Johnson Bademosi
    Kenny Stills Julien Davenport
    2020 4th-rounder 2020 1st-rounder
    2021 6th-rounder 2021 1st-rounder
    2021 2nd-rounder
    Tunsil hadn't made a Pro Bowl at the time of the trade; but I think the clear expectation was that he had all the tools and could be on the precipice.

The range that establishes, is ridiculous. A 6th-rounder at the low end; a package with a couple firsts at the high end. How do you find "fair", with such disparate comps as that??

Blog Entries

First round or pound sand.

By the way, I don't think the Ravens should trade Orlando.

Just assume, in general, if you ask me whether the Ravens should trade a 25yo two-time Pro Bowler: my answer gon be "no".

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If crowdsourcing Colts fans ends up favorable, then I'm certainly fine with 850 pts.

The 13th pick alone (Chargers) which has been brought up before, is 1150 JJP. I believe that will end up being too rich.
    I'd be very happy to get about 850, much less over 1k. So, I agree that 1150 is too high.

Blog Entries

I don't think you can look at it with a point value chart. This is a player who has played limited games at LT for a very specific and unusual offense. He's going to be valued very differently depending on the team. Teams like the Seahawks and Bears who use similar blocking schemes to the Ravens would be a lot more comfortable with Brown LT and value him more because the would want him signed for the long term. Teams who use something very different such as the Patriots, Saints and Colts are taking a bit of a leap of faith that Brown will fit into their offense. Then you have the new coach staff teams like the Eagles, Lions, Jaguars and Jets. Who knows what they are looking to do?

You can't use a point value because the points are going to change depending on the team. Honestly I believe this is why Brown who had permission to seek a trade was unable to get one.

Blog Entries

I honestly think it's probably a 3rd round pick. He is going to want to get PAID after one year, so factor that in. Would rather keep him a year at RT and get that 3rd comp

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Honestly I believe this is why Brown who had permission to seek a trade was unable to get one.
    I don't think he was unable to get one. Teams would have wanted him but the Ravens are asking for more than they want to pay. It's not over yet, once the LTs they like get drafted teams might decide to come back with a higher offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    It's hard.

Orlando, and Mason Cole, were both 3rd round O-linemen in the 2018 draft. They're both full-time starters. The Vikes just acquired Cole via trade for a 6th-rd pick.

Laramy Tunsil is 26yo 2-time Pro Bowl LT. Two years ago he was involved in a blockbuster trade, where the Texans:

Got Gave
    Laremy Tunsil Johnson Bademosi
    Kenny Stills Julien Davenport
    2020 4th-rounder 2020 1st-rounder
    2021 6th-rounder 2021 1st-rounder
    2021 2nd-rounder
    Tunsil hadn't made a Pro Bowl at the time of the trade; but I think the clear expectation was that he had all the tools and could be on the precipice.

The range that establishes, is ridiculous. A 6th-rounder at the low end; a package with a couple firsts at the high end. How do you find "fair", with such disparate comps as that??
    Mason Cole is nowhere near the player Brown is, so using him in any comp is fairly useless, IMHO. Tunsil was a LT, and Brown, while having played LT in college and for the Ravens for part of the year last season, is not as established. So, I agree that it's not necessarily easy to assign a value, but it feels to me that 700 would be on the low end, and perhaps 1150 the high end for what DeCosta would settle for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pappas View Post
    If Eric DeCosta decides to deal Orlando Brown Jr, what would you consider fair value? I and others have proposed a decent number of scenarios, with my latest tweet targeting Colts fans> https://twitter.com/GregPappasJr/sta...29862757810176

That particular trade is Brown for the Colts' 1st (#21) & 4th (#127).;Thus far the reaction has been positive in a limited number of replies (37 votes), with 67% in favor.

Regardless, based on the Jimmie Johnson trade value chart ( https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp ), I feel 850 points is fair value. But, what value would you assign?
    If the Colts did offer their 1st (#21) & 4th (#127), and he agreed to the Colts contract offer, I'd snap it up. Even though the Ravens have "wiggle room" (he's ours in 2021, but only for his final year prior to UFA or Franchise Tag?), so that would be a very tempting offer to me... Bc