Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Anthony Miller for a 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    I wouldn't even give up a 6th. Us as ravens fans love to bargain shop for subpar players that we somehow think when they become a raven they will turn into Boldin. We need impactufl trade and signings. Not another player who we barely be used like Dez.
    To be clear, we are talking about warm bodies and finding out whether someone has something to offer. I don't believe I gave any indication that I thought he was gonna morph into anything. He's a guy that's proven he can at least get on the field in the NFL and contribute. That is a leg up in my opinion over pretty much any draft pick. As much as people like to use terms like can't miss...most actually miss. To me, a 6th round pick has a high likelihood of not making it in the NFL. So to use one on a guy that already has, seems logical to me. Those impactful trades and signings you mention also have to be balanced with filling out a roster...and that's all a guy like Miller is in my eyes.

Blog Entries

Not interested in trading Miller for a 2nd.

The Bears will eventually cut him, so at some point the Ravens could just flat out sign him if they want him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Duvernay and Proche for me. Also would like to see what they might possibly have with Watkins.
    It's highly likely that Miller is going to just get cut and I'd have no qualms about just signing him to a low risk contract and getting him into camp to see what he's got. But solid NO for me in regards to giving up a draft pick for him...well maybe a 6th.
    I'd like Duvernay to get more of a look as well.

But if you look at who we have right now it's basically Hollywood, Duvernay, Boykin and Watkins. I don't see why having a 500 yard ish guy with upside would be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Hard no, not worth a dime.
    Rather we draft a WR in 2nd or 3rd and use the 5th on a linemen.
    On the other hand if they want to move ARob, then we should be all ears. I mean they've got Dalton at qb this year, that's as close as one gets to saying tanking year...

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
    Didn't they Franchise ARob?

A second in 2034? Certainly you don’t mean this year or next... or maybe you meant our second pick in round 5? I could be persuaded to make that move, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Didn't they Franchise ARob?
    They did, but that wouldn't stop him from signing a long contact with a new team.
    I'd give them #27 and a to be decided second day pick next year depending on how he plays etc

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Drops the ball
    he has always had that issue and it has continued in the pros. This won't be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    he has always had that issue and it has continued in the pros. This won't be fixed.
    It's not like Bears QB's are throwing the most catchable balls.

But yeah it's certainly a concern it's part of the reason why I wouldn't give much for him but he's cheap and has flashed. I'd take a flyer on him. I mean he's flashed more then Boykin who has many of the same issues so..

If we can get him for a sixth that is even better but it's nice to have a number 3 with upside. Many of the guys on the roster have literally zero trackrecord of even the moderate 500 yardish numbers Miller has put up. Boykin had 266 yards last year. Duverney who I really like had 201 yards. Proche had 14. I am not really that high on either Boykin and Proche. I think Miller would be an upgrade over both.

He's also not a guy we'd probably be able to bring in unless we trade for him. Guys aren't lining up to join this offense so when people say lets target him after he's released need to understand chances are if he's released he's going elsewhere.
    Last edited by boller4president; 04-08-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Blog Entries

He was a board dark horse his draft year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

nah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He was a board dark horse his draft year
    That's because we just look at talent. It's hard to judge stupid from the fans sit

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's because we just look at talent. It's hard to judge stupid from the fans sit
    Indeed. We just aren't there for in person meetings and interviews