Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anthony Miller for a 2nd?

Apparently the Bears are taking offers. Considering how decent he was with the Bears mess of an offense, I'd be intrigued.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...anthony-miller

Re: Anthony Miller for a 2nd?

Drops the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Drops the ball
    he has always had that issue and it has continued in the pros. This won't be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    he has always had that issue and it has continued in the pros. This won't be fixed.
    It's not like Bears QB's are throwing the most catchable balls.

But yeah it's certainly a concern it's part of the reason why I wouldn't give much for him but he's cheap and has flashed. I'd take a flyer on him. I mean he's flashed more then Boykin who has many of the same issues so..

If we can get him for a sixth that is even better but it's nice to have a number 3 with upside. Many of the guys on the roster have literally zero trackrecord of even the moderate 500 yardish numbers Miller has put up. Boykin had 266 yards last year. Duverney who I really like had 201 yards. Proche had 14. I am not really that high on either Boykin and Proche. I think Miller would be an upgrade over both.

He's also not a guy we'd probably be able to bring in unless we trade for him. Guys aren't lining up to join this offense so when people say lets target him after he's released need to understand chances are if he's released he's going elsewhere.
    Last edited by boller4president; 04-08-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Not for a 2nd rounder by the way, but that's apparently as high as they're asking. I'd do it for a 4th

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Not for a 2nd rounder by the way, but that's apparently as high as they're asking. I'd do it for a 4th
    I'd do it for a 4th with a 5th in return with Miller. This guy has excellent tools. His drops will go down once he gets away from Trubisky and gets fed regularly. He can make a big play when you need it.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I'm pretty much with you on a later pick (maybe a 5th? since we have two). I don't want to trade for him and it would preclude EDC from drafting a WR HIGH or inhibit Duvernay from getting on the field. Miller was a 2nd round Bears' pick (#51 in 2018), so to trade him when he's still on his rookie deal tells us something... Bc

For a fifth round pick, sure. He's barely above JAG, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I think it's tough to gauge any player on that Bears offense. If we're looking for a slot guy though I'd wanna give him a shot, I think there's a lot of potential still in him. The drops have definitely been an issue, but better QB play can help too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I don't agree with JAG but I do agree they will struggle to get anything for him. So a 5th sound about right IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hard no, not worth a dime.
    Rather we draft a WR in 2nd or 3rd and use the 5th on a linemen.
    On the other hand if they want to move ARob, then we should be all ears. I mean they've got Dalton at qb this year, that's as close as one gets to saying tanking year...

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Hard no, not worth a dime.
    Rather we draft a WR in 2nd or 3rd and use the 5th on a linemen.
    On the other hand if they want to move ARob, then we should be all ears. I mean they've got Dalton at qb this year, that's as close as one gets to saying tanking year...

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
    Didn't they Franchise ARob?