Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Anthony Levine resigned

1 year deal. Money unknown.

Blog Entries

Re: Anthony Levine resigned

Between this one and Fort it sounds like some of the guys they wanted they weren't able to get. It makes sense then to go back and pick up guys you know

eww

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Between this one and Fort it sounds like some of the guys they wanted they weren't able to get. It makes sense then to go back and pick up guys you know
    I don't really see that with this one. Do you think they wanted a different special teams leader? I'd guess both moves were about lowering salaries/cap hits.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I don't really see that with this one. Do you think they wanted a different special teams leader? I'd guess both moves were about lowering salaries/cap hits.
    I think they were making space for the start of free agency. Now they see they don't need that space so they bring back guys they only let go because they wanted that space at that time.

Blog Entries

dude has been around since 2012... mostly due to special teams play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think they were making space for the start of free agency. Now they see they don't need that space so they bring back guys they only let go because they wanted that space at that time.
    EDC would look at it from every angle. Your opinions may not be in conflict, but dovetail. He would also notice that we are thin at Safety.

I am sentimental - I like to see guys from 2012 still with us. As long as he can perform, of course.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

The Perpetual Anthony Levine Contract, or PALC (tm)

Amazing he has stayed around this long. After he fell out of the dime package I figured his days were numbered. I think he's now gone two seasons without playing the dime roll like he did so well in 2018. I trust their ability to evaluate his special teams play and this means he's still really, really good, at least in the eyes of coaches and the front office. I would assume if they get someone else who fills the dime spot and can do special teams almost as well it would threaten his roster spot since it would make more sense to give st roster spots to guys who are younger (Chris Board, Duvernay) and/or have more value on defense (LJ Fort, Board, Duvernay). Don't know which others fall into those categories but maybe Averett and Marshall (don't know if either is a st contributor).

He is like the Pats and Mathew Slater.

Guy that's good on ST, knows your system and likely is damn near a coach when it comes to integrating rookies and new players into your system. As long as he hasn't become a liability yet, I don't see the problem with a move like this.

Re-signed, not resigned.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Special Teams ace, great mentor for the young guys, I'm starting to worry about his athletic decline but this is a thumbs up for now, probably vet-minimum