Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Anthony Levine resigned

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    You seem fixated on demanding no safety in the 1st round. I was simply pointing out how a counter argument could be made. I'm simply stating my core opinion that if a safety is far and away the best player on the board when the Ravens pick and they take him, I would understand it. I'm not saying they should or I want them to. But if that is who is the best player at that spot on their board, so be it. It's a highly unlikely scenario anyway, so I'm not sure why it seems to have struck a nerve with you.

And even with hindsight being 20/20, if the Ravens had relied on pre-draft projections, they would not have taken Reed. Will Demps was undrafted. So the Ravens found a starting safety tandem in the 1st round and an undrafted guy....which is exactly why I don't care what round a guy is drafted in as long as it's a good pick.
    Thank you for the compliment. If you believe I got my nerve strucked through reading my reply, I can take it my as my writing makes my words come alive. Yes I understand its a counter argument. You not the first one to say they would take BPA at safety. My take is a counter argument for whoever said it would be ok.

The ravens did rely on pre draft projections. Thats why they drafted Reed. The Ravens are not going by the media projections, they are going off their own. So they choose correctly because they had to get another safety. So I'm 100 percent ok with that type of pick. Just like I was perfectly fine with the Elam pick. Although I understand the argument for "if BPA is a safety so take him", I just wouldn't agree with it for the reasons I stated.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rygar, I'm with you! Although this example isn't a 1st round pick, you'll get the idea (I hope RAVEN2FLY will too) : In 2019/2020 the Ravens sported a fine RB corps consisting of Ingram, Gus, and Hill. I never thought EDC would spend a high pick on that position, and I was somewhat disappointed when he used a 2nd (pick #55) on JK Dobbins. In a rookie season, without off-season training or TC, Dobbins seemed to get better with each passing (no pun intended) week. Ending up with 805 yards (6.0 YPC avg) and 9 rushing TDs in 15 games. He supplanted the veteran Ingram and looks to be a budding star.
    Yes, if Trevon Moehrig were to fall to pick #27, I wouldn't blame EDC for handing in the card with his name on it... Bc
    I was ok with the Dobbins pick. Because dobbins could legit make a difference and we needed another RB. Although Ravens had 3 RBs at the time. Hill is a 3rd string back and Big Truzz wasnt the solution long term. Gus was the only legit back. I just can't see them doing the same thing with a safety this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    I was ok with the Dobbins pick. Because dobbins could legit make a difference and we needed another RB. Although Ravens had 3 RBs at the time. Hill is a 3rd string back and Big Truzz wasnt the solution long term. Gus was the only legit back. I just can't see them doing the same thing with a safety this year.
    I dig ya, and I'm not campaigning for Moehrig, but Elliot in an UFA in 2022 and we don't know how the Ravens feel about re-signing him. If the intention is to let him go, then we might get a Comp Pick (although it may be pretty low) and have a Safety on the roster with one year of experience. Of course we're all speculating here, and that's part of the fun this time of year. RAVEN2FLY your opinion is just as relevant as mine OR anyone else's for that matter. NFL Draft day (April 29th @ 8 p.m.) can't come soon enough... Bc