Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

Great pick with Chase. It was so hard to pass on him at 5, but I wanted to Burrow to make the whole season and the Bengals really needed a premier LT.

Lions are on the clock, but there are rumors they may be taking calls. Will move us along very shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    Great pick with Chase. It was so hard to pass on him at 5, but I wanted to Burrow to make the whole season and the Bengals really needed a premier LT.
    In the mock on the Jets board, Miami traded up and had the possibility of taking both Pitts and Chase. Can you imagine? A nightmare for the rest of the East. But he took a defensive player .

Cinci has to protect that shiny not-as-new patched up QB. No way they don't take Sewell if he's there.

I think we are caught up. whew. A whirwind. Shrubbs will be co moderating. Let's give him a big thanks because it is a time commitment. Can I get one more volunteer please?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Love the Sewell pick for the Bengals! It's BPA and need coming together. Very nice job!
    I can help. I’m here all day except 2-3.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

Can't argue with any of the first 6 picks. The top 10 or so is usually mapped out long before the actual draft takes place. I'm picking @ #28 and #29, so wish me luck 'cause I'm gonna need it
    A hearty shout-out to Dcat! His spread sheet makes this, and every other draft he's managed in the past, SUPER and 1,000X more fun... Bc

Blog Entries

As good as Jefferson looks, Chase is better. The Dolphins have so many good receivers now I don't even know how they play them all. I'd be calling up the Ravens and try to move Parker or Preston Williams if I was them

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    By bringing this up I don't want to open up an ugly discussion, so if anyone disagrees with me I'll agree with them and back slowly away from the take but...

Black quarterbacks have traditionally been undervalued. Most of the recent QBs that everybody missed on - Watson, Mahomes and Lamar were subject to unfounded doubts in the pre-draft process. That could be a factor in Fields apparent slide. Even bad black QBs like Haskins had late falls in the rankings in a way that bad white QBs like Trubisky, Darnold and Rosen didn't. There could still be a subconcious factor hurting their draft stock.

"Bucky Brooks, a former NFL player and scout who is currently a draft analyst for NFL Network, believes Fields and Lance have already been damaged by what's been said and written about them over the last six months.

"If you listen to the critiques of Black quarterbacks vs. white quarterbacks, there's a different standard applied to Blacks," said Brooks, one of the few analysts to rank Fields among his top two signal-callers in this draft. "Justin Fields and Trey Lance (both underclassmen) have been advised by draft experts to go back to school to gain more experience, yet we never hear those suggestions lobbed at their white counterparts. That observation is important because media narratives also shape how scouts and evaluators perceive prospects."
    I agree that QBs race makes a difference in how they are evaluated by fans. Not so much by teams.

Let me tell you why the Jets don't want Fields (cause they could have him). It really has a lot to do with the Ohio State offense. Anyone who follows knows that Fields is not required to think much and make decisions in that offense. Ohio State just does not let its QBs do any deep thinking out there regardless of race. After suffering through a pair of physically talented QBs who never learned how to read defenses and were just super slow in processing the what was happening right in front of them (Sanchez + Darnold), the Jets should want no part of Fields. The offense he comes from has not shown anyone his ability to make good decisions and read defenses. That doesn't mean he can't. It means there is that risk.

Carolina's looking to trade down a few spots into the Giants/Eagles/Chargers/Vikings/Patriots range.

Blog Entries

really wanted Pitts for that offense but figured he wouldn't be there. All of the mocks have Miami taking one of the Bama receivers due to familiarity with Tua but that's not enough for me to pick one over Chase. Need edge and LB help but not that high in the draft

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

What was the compensation for that NE trade