Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747576
Results 901 to 910 of 910
  1. #901

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Thanks for doing this all! Especially Dcat!

    So, the question is would you be happy if this were the Ravens draft?

    Here it is:


    Jalen Mayfield - OT (Round 2 - pick 34)
    Dyami Brown - WR (Round 2 - pick 58)
    Jordan Smith - ILB (Round 3 - pick 94)
    Paris Ford - S (Round 3 - pick 104)
    David Moore - OG (Round 4 - pick 144)
    Chauncey Golston - DE (Round 5 - pick 171)
    Victor Dimukeje - DE (Round 5 - pick 184)


    I'd be okay with it as long as we sign Houston or Ingram right after the draft. The Ravens are adept at finding late round pass rushers, but they take a few years to develop.
    Not a draft Id be happy with. The more I think about Mayfield over Humphrey the madder I get LOL. Leach did what he thought best, and its fine to have different opinions on these guys, but IMO the Ravens in this mock had one of the worst drafts.





  2. #902
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    So, the question is would you be happy if this were the Ravens draft?

    Here it is:
    I'll take a swing, but I'll caveat it by saying that I really don't know any of these prospects that well. I'm just pulling from a consensus ranking and my understanding of the Ravens needs.

    Jalen Mayfield - OT (Round 2 - pick 34): B (A- with the trade)
    Definitely a smart position to take. Seems like a fair value at 34 (literally ranked 34th on the consensus board I was using). If I factor in the value of the trade back I probably bump it to an A-.

    Dyami Brown - WR (Round 2 - pick 58): C+
    I think edge is a more pressing position than WR. We've invested a 1st and two 3rds at WR in the last two drafts. I may be in the minority, but I think we could pass on this position entirely and hit it in next year's draft. If someone is a great value I'd obviously make an exception. But by my board this was just OK value.

    I believe Jayson Oweh, Joe Tryon, and Ronnie Perkins were all available here.

    Jordan Smith - ILB (Round 3 - pick 94): B-

    Paris Ford - S (Round 3 - pick 104): B

    David Moore - OG (Round 4 - pick 144): B-

    Chauncey Golston - DE (Round 5 - pick 171): B

    Victor Dimukeje - DE (Round 5 - pick 184): B

    A lot of fence sitting grades there I guess. I'd give it a B overall. Liked the trade back and the first pick. Didn't really like the 2nd pick. The rest seemed like solid choices. Between Smith, Golston, and Dimukeje we'd likely find another solid edge player down the line.

    Again, take it with a grain of salt. I'm not a draftnik. I thought Leach did well to make the best of a tough situation when a lot of the ideal picks for the Ravens were gone when they were on the clock in the 1st round.





  3. #903
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Thanks for doing this all! Especially Dcat!

    So, the question is would you be happy if this were the Ravens draft?

    Here it is:


    Jalen Mayfield - OT (Round 2 - pick 34)
    Dyami Brown - WR (Round 2 - pick 58)
    Jordan Smith - ILB (Round 3 - pick 94)
    Paris Ford - S (Round 3 - pick 104)
    David Moore - OG (Round 4 - pick 144)
    Chauncey Golston - DE (Round 5 - pick 171)
    Victor Dimukeje - DE (Round 5 - pick 184)


    I'd be okay with it as long as we sign Houston or Ingram right after the draft. The Ravens are adept at finding late round pass rushers, but they take a few years to develop.
    Picks 1 and 2 were a matter of flavor.

    I really like Dyami Brown.

    If the offense decides to attack deep/intermediate Dyami can be that guy. If there was 1 WR that consistently won deep it was him. Against the coverages the Ravens face and IF the pass protection holds up and Lamar can find his downfield vision he could be a playmaker.

    The rest of the picks were meh.... I thought they were better players on the board that fit the Ravens more then the selections made.





  4. #904
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    15,571

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Top five players left from the consensus board (through 184 picks)

    90 S Caden Sterns, Texas
    113 WR Dazz Newsome, North Carolina
    127 RB Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech
    129 CB Camryn Bynum, California
    131 OLB Charles Snowden, Virginia

    Sterns falling to round 6 would be reminiscent of DeShon Elliott
    Official Rashod Bateman Apologist





  5. Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Top five players left from the consensus board (through 184 picks)

    90 S Caden Sterns, Texas
    113 WR Dazz Newsome, North Carolina
    127 RB Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech
    129 CB Camryn Bynum, California
    131 OLB Charles Snowden, Virginia

    Sterns falling to round 6 would be reminiscent of DeShon Elliott
    I wonder why Sterns isn't more popular? He tested really well. Quite a few of those safeties taken above him tested so badly they'll probably be unable to play in the NFL at all. (Not wanting to pile on Leach, but just because his names in front of me on this page, Paris Ford was in the 1st percentile for a lot of the athletic tests.)
    Boykin, Miles....the tiger in tall grass





  6. #906
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    37,299
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I wonder why Sterns isn't more popular? He tested really well. Quite a few of those safeties taken above him tested so badly they'll probably be unable to play in the NFL at all. (Not wanting to pile on Leach, but just because his names in front of me on this page, Paris Ford was in the 1st percentile for a lot of the athletic tests.)
    For me it was the writeups that make Sterns sound like a tweener. He isn't a great tackler or run stuffer but he's also not elite in coverage. So is this a developmental free safety or can he improve his hitting and become a strong safety? Guys without a clear position I often see as special teams players. It sounds like Sterns is a top athlete but not yet a top football player.
    Long Live The Bat





  7. #907

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Hard to beat (Eagles):

    Jaycee Horn South Carolina CB
    Creed Humphrey Oklahoma OC
    Richie Grant UCF S ("S" = Steal)
    Nico Collins Michigan WR
    Marlon Tuipulotu USC DT
    Stone Forsythe Florida OT
    Daelin Hayes Notre Dame DE

    plus three 6th round and two 7th rounds to go.
    RSR 2021 Mock Draft spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    "I can't take any more disappointment."
    -Carl"

    "So the Jets killed Carl..... and a little bit of the Knicks too. "
    -Larry David





  8. #908

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Denver (My Denver fan buddy says I smashed it)

    Rashawn Slater Northwestern OT
    Jamin Davis Kentucky ILB
    Javonte Williams North Carolina RB
    Dayo Odeyingbo Vanderbilt DE
    Kendrick Green Illinois OG

    They have 4 ore to go in the next two rounds. I've already heard it from a Slater hater too. But I wouldn't change a thing here.
    RSR 2021 Mock Draft spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    "I can't take any more disappointment."
    -Carl"

    "So the Jets killed Carl..... and a little bit of the Knicks too. "
    -Larry David





  9. Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    For me it was the writeups that make Sterns sound like a tweener. He isn't a great tackler or run stuffer but he's also not elite in coverage. So is this a developmental free safety or can he improve his hitting and become a strong safety? Guys without a clear position I often see as special teams players. It sounds like Sterns is a top athlete but not yet a top football player.
    I like tweeners at safety.

    There are so few true centerfield Free Safeties around that I think the Free/Strong safety distinction is on its way out to be replaced with two or more safeties who can each cover a smaller area and play the run a bit.
    Boykin, Miles....the tiger in tall grass





  10. #910
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    37,299
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Denver (My Denver fan buddy says I smashed it)

    Rashawn Slater Northwestern OT
    Jamin Davis Kentucky ILB
    Javonte Williams North Carolina RB
    Dayo Odeyingbo Vanderbilt DE
    Kendrick Green Illinois OG

    They have 4 ore to go in the next two rounds. I've already heard it from a Slater hater too. But I wouldn't change a thing here.
    Once you got Javonte Williams I looked back at the 3 picks and was saying 'WOW!". Green in the 5th round was also a great value pick. I think he has the potential to be one of those guys who is the NFL for a decade. That's an awesome drafr
    Long Live The Bat





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site