Page 1 of 76 123 ... LastLast

Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

Welcome to the RSR 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread.

Link to the google doc spreadsheet that will be used to track the draft:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You can sort columns and change tabs at will, but no edits. The draft mods will make edits as needed. Send us a PM if you see one needed.

If you draft someone who is not on the sheet, we will manually add him. Send us a PM if anyone has problems accessing/using the sheet. It is a large file with a lot of links between tabs, so it may take some time to load.

Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:
    Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who is on-the-clock and how far away you are from your next pick.
    GM Lineup tab: This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs.
    All Players tab: List of draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are several weeks old so they are NOT up to date. Also they are entirely subjective so use them at your own risk. Use the rankings with caution. There will be no opportunity to update the rankings and there are frequent changes.
    Available Player Tab: Very helpful tab. This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and we just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page.
    Draft-by-team: shows each team's entire draft.
    Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. These are one to two month old rankings from several "reputable" draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these may not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

Mock Draft rules:

1. Duration: We will be drafting until late Thursday afternoon, April 29th. IWe will go as many rounds and picks as time will allow (objective: at least 5 full rounds). It takes time from start to finish. It is a marathon, not a sprint.
    2. Trades: Trades will be allowed, but only trades of 2021 picks. Trading future picks or active players is not permitted (i.e. The San Francisco 49ers GM is not permitted to trade Jimmy Garoppolo during our mock, unless it happens to go down for real in the NFL before the pertinent rounds have started in this mock). Submit all trades to the moderators for finalization and spreadsheet adjustments. Of course, if you manage more than one team, no trades are permitted among those teams. (Because one GM will always rob the other in those situations).
    3. Draft clock: For the first three rounds, each GM will have a 3-hour window to make his pick when his team is on the clock. The 3-hour window will run between the 9:00 AM and 11:59 PM EDT. (We can start earlier if there is no one on the West coast) The clock pauses at midnight and resumes at 9:00 AM. (i.e. If you go on the clock at 10:45 PM – you will have until 10:45 AM the next morning to submit your pick. We may elect to reduce the selection window to 2-hours in the back half of the draft.
    4. Unavailable GMs: If your pick is coming up and you know that you may not be available, it's your responsibility to send in advance a handful of potential picks in order of priority via PM, text or email to a moderator and one of us will post the pick and update the spreadsheet.
    5. Advising the next team it is On-the-Clock: After you have made your pick, please tag/send PM to the next two GMs advising them that they are On-the-Clock and on-deck. Make sure your account settings on this site allow messaging and notify you when you are messaged. Please check-in often.
    6. Missed picks: If you miss a pick, we will make a consensus pick for you, but it's much better to send us a short list of preferences. Consensus picks are a pain in the arse. If you miss a pick, please send PM to us letting us know that you intend to continue in the draft. If we make a pick for you, that pick is final as soon as the next draft pick is made. If you miss 2 or more picks in a row, we will look to replace you with another GM unless you let us know in advance.

2021 Mock Draft Lineup:
    Wait list: Davesta

NFC East:

Washington Football Team - edromeo
    New York Giants - Culex
    Dallas Cowboys - WrongBaldy
    Philadelphia Eagles - Dcat

NFC North:
    Green Bay Packers - BcRaven
    Chicago Bears - edromeo
    Minnesota Vikings - QtR
    Detroit Lions - Missingweblink

NFC South:
    New Orleans Saints - BcRaven
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Shrubbs
    Carolina Panthers - WNCRavensfan
    Atlanta Falcons - @SumthingObvious

NFC West:
    Seattle Seahawks - QtR
    Los Angeles Rams - Kyle Cactus
    Arizona Cardinals - Shrubbs
    San Francisco 49ers - GOTA

AFC East:
    Buffalo Bills - Kyle Cactus
    Miami Dolphins - Ravenswintitle
    New England Patriots - GOTA
    New York Jets - WNCRavensfan

AFC North:
    Pittsburgh Steelers - Leachisabeast

Baltimore Ravens - Leachisabeast
    Cleveland Browns - HotInHere
    Cincinnati Bengals - MissingWeblink

AFC South:
    Tennessee Titans - Ortizer
    Indianapolis Colts - WrongBaldy
    Houston Texans - Laxdad24
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Laxdad24

AFC West:
    Kansas City Chiefs - PGCountyRaven
    Las Vegas Raiders -HotInHere

Los Angeles Chargers - @SumthingObvious
    Denver Broncos - Dcat

Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

I'm not buying all the sudden negative Justin Fields rumors. It's the lying season.

Years ago I saw Aaron Rodgers fall because he had the same coach as Trent Dilfer, Kyle Boller and Akili Smith. So dumb. Fields went to the same school as Haskins but that doesn't make him the next Haskins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not buying all the sudden negative Justin Fields rumors. It's the lying season.

Years ago I saw Aaron Rodgers fall because he had the same coach as Trent Dilfer, Kyle Boller and Akili Smith. So dumb. Fields went to the same school as Haskins but that doesn't make him the next Haskins
    Loved this pick for the niners. It’s hard for me to believe they traded all of this picks for Mac Jones. Fields was being strongly considered by the Lions at 7. The niners have the kind of receivers that I think can really help Fields blossom with his style of play.

I could use one or two volunteers who can monitor and update spreadsheet with me. You don't need sophisticated excel ability but you shouldn't be excel clueless either. PM me

The Arizona Cardinals (pick 16) have interest in trading up as the draft whittles on. If you feel like trading down, give us a PM and we’ll talk. We don’t have a ton of picks this year so maybe as we move out of the top 10 or so.

By bringing this up I don't want to open up an ugly discussion, so if anyone disagrees with me I'll agree with them and back slowly away from the take but...

Black quarterbacks have traditionally been undervalued. Most of the recent QBs that everybody missed on - Watson, Mahomes and Lamar were subject to unfounded doubts in the pre-draft process. That could be a factor in Fields apparent slide. Even bad black QBs like Haskins had late falls in the rankings in a way that bad white QBs like Trubisky, Darnold and Rosen didn't. There could still be a subconcious factor hurting their draft stock.

"Bucky Brooks, a former NFL player and scout who is currently a draft analyst for NFL Network, believes Fields and Lance have already been damaged by what's been said and written about them over the last six months.

"If you listen to the critiques of Black quarterbacks vs. white quarterbacks, there's a different standard applied to Blacks," said Brooks, one of the few analysts to rank Fields among his top two signal-callers in this draft. "Justin Fields and Trey Lance (both underclassmen) have been advised by draft experts to go back to school to gain more experience, yet we never hear those suggestions lobbed at their white counterparts. That observation is important because media narratives also shape how scouts and evaluators perceive prospects."

Blog Entries

Love the Sewell pick for the Bengals! It's BPA and need coming together. Very nice job!

Love the Sewell pick for the Bengals! It's BPA and need coming together. Very nice job!
    Atlanta hasn’t picked. Cincinnati jumped the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Atlanta hasn’t picked. Cincinnati jumped the line.
    Didn't they pick Pitts?

EDIT They did. In the old discussion thread.

All 5 picks so far have been correct. I'd have swapped Fields and Wilson but otherwise, perfect.

Atlanta picked Pitts in the old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

A lot of talk about Miami taking one of the Alabama receivers due to familiarity. Chase is just too good to pass and gives an instant weapon to Tua.

Chase opted out but his 2019 production eclipsed every NFL receiver as comparison. He's a much needed target

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!