Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6768697071 ... LastLast

Re: Official 2021 RSR Mock Draft - Lively Discussion

Jags and Texans are finished. All in all I think both teams went well.

I did make a metal fart with the Jags and went Edge rusher back to back. I intended to grab Phillips for Houston. But ...it works.

Great draft this year guys. I like the trades. Pace went well also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 14 more picks for the 5th round.

The reasons why we don't continue to round 6 & 7 is that some of know the draft prospects that deep, others have to really watch a lot of you tube and read many different write ups (not that there's anything wrong with that if you have the time like me) and some just don't have the time to dig deeper like that.

Would love to hear your comments for next year regarding rounds 6 & 7, but not this year.

Plenty of talent still on that draft board for rounds 6 & 7

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

The reasons why we don't continue to round 6 & 7 is that some of know the draft prospects that deep, others have to really watch a lot of you tube and read many different write ups (not that there's anything wrong with that if you have the time like me) and some just don't have the time to dig deeper like that.

Would love to hear your comments for next year regarding rounds 6 & 7, but not this year.

This is def a deep draft. I think some teams are really gonna make out late. Not day 1 starters but guys who can grow and contribute in a year or two.

Like the ILB I just took for the Jags. IMHO he’s a little light ( 238lbs ) but I’m sure he can put on 10-15 LBs in an NFL weight room. Kids got good instincts and loves the game. Prob a Spec teams guy first year.

Maybe if we start a week earlier next year ? We can do “sign ups “ early and then start draft knowing the goal is 6th round. Love having trades also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    This is def a deep draft. I think some teams are really gonna make out late. Not day 1 starters but guys who can grow and contribute in a year or two.

Like the ILB I just took for the Jags. IMHO he’s a little light ( 238lbs ) but I’m sure he can put on 10-15 LBs in an NFL weight room. Kids got good instincts and loves the game. Prob a Spec teams guy first year.

Maybe if we start a week earlier next year ? We can do “sign ups “ early and then start draft knowing the goal is 6th round. Love having trades also.

I'm not convinced that this is a deep draft. It appears that way because we have a lot less information on players than we have in at least the last 20 years. I can't remember ever reading so much speculation even on top picks. For example Penei Sewell is being talked about as a potential Hall of Fame tackle. He's just 20 and has just 16 career games and the last one was a year ago. The kid was tremendous but the same size is very small. I get the hype and the excitement but saying Hall of Fame in the same breath as any prospect is just too much.

We're seeing that all the way down because so many guys didn't play or left early so the analysts are playing 'what if they played' with these guys. I watch a lot of SEC football and specifically LSU. The only teams who looked like they usually do in the SEC were Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Every other team had issues at some point and seemed to play a lot of kids who they normally weren't playing. The numbers were still good but I think we're going to look back at this draft and see a ton of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

I did make a metal fart
    Sounds painful.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Sounds painful.
    Lmao

I think five rounds is perfect. I'd be completely throwing darts in rounds six and seven -- which is kinda what NFL teams do anyway. :)

The trades were great this year, and I agree the pace worked very well.

Can't thank you enough Dcat and your co-mods for stepping in and pulling this together at the last minute. Always a great exercise for me and I learn a lot.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not convinced that this is a deep draft. It appears that way because we have a lot less information on players than we have in at least the last 20 years. I can't remember ever reading so much speculation even on top picks. For example Penei Sewell is being talked about as a potential Hall of Fame tackle. He's just 20 and has just 16 career games and the last one was a year ago. The kid was tremendous but the same size is very small. I get the hype and the excitement but saying Hall of Fame in the same breath as any prospect is just too much.

We're seeing that all the way down because so many guys didn't play or left early so the analysts are playing 'what if they played' with these guys. I watch a lot of SEC football and specifically LSU. The only teams who looked like they usually do in the SEC were Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Every other team had issues at some point and seemed to play a lot of kids who they normally weren't playing. The numbers were still good but I think we're going to look back at this draft and see a ton of mistakes.
    You will prob prove to be right GOTA. But ..I like to think these dudes have potential and just need the right team to bring it out. A lot of guys seems to be smallish.

OK I just messaged Leach. Last thing I want to see is you guys debating a consensus pick for your favorite team. Anyway, we are getting close to that so take a look at what Ravens already got:

Jalen Mayfield
    Dyami Brown
    Jordan Smith
    Paris Ford
    David Moore

OK I just messaged Leach. Last thing I want to see is you guys debating a consensus pick for your favorite team. Anyway, we are getting close to that so take a look at what Ravens already got:

Jalen Mayfield
    Dyami Brown
    Jordan Smith
    Paris Ford
    David Moore
    Most of the major needs are covered so I'd be tempted by a second stab at Edge, a interior D Line player or a back up slot corner, depending on value.

Maybe Adetokunbo Ogundeji, Khyiris Tonga or Ambry Thomas? Josh Palmer looks good value at WR too.

anyone else want to opine? I'll give it another 20 minutes. Post your preferences here for Ravens next pick!

Blog Entries

anyone else want to opine? I'll give it another 20 minutes. Post your preferences here for Ravens next pick!
    Howz 'bout TE Tony Poljan (Virginia)? He's a BIG guy (6' 7" - 265 lbs) and a pretty good pass catcher too. Seems like a good fit for the Ravens at this late Draft level... Bc