Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Can you complain about Lamars receiving options at this point?

If the receivers can get SOME separation - LJ8 can hit them. Sometime he can even 'throw them open' - but not every time.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    If the receivers can get SOME separation - LJ8 can hit them. Sometime he can even 'throw them open' - but not every time.
    Yup, in Watkins presser he was asked about watching Lamar play in person and he basically said most of his WR's can't even get open. *Cue the miniscule assortment of gifs where Miles Boykin got open*

Watkins brought up looking forward to playing with Hollywood and that was it, no other WR names. Whether that's because he doesn't even know who they are or because he doesn't think they're good, bad look either way.

Coming from the Chiefs WR core where Demarcus Robinson was WR4... D-Rob would've been the 2nd best WR on our roster day 1 had we signed him instead of Watkins, tells you the dire straits we're in

We swapped Snead for injury prone Watkins and now all of a sudden we're in business? A guy who is marginally better and misses 5 games a year like clockwork? EDC needs to come through in the draft, if they put WR on the backburner we're in for playoff groundhog day version 3.0

Antonio is training with Lamar and Hollywood again....

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/.amp/n...vens-ab-040731

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Hollywood and Watkins who is injury prone and on a 1 year deal is not a good situation at WR

It's like if our CB's were: Peters, Jimmy, Iman Marshall, Dorsey, Westry

"Hey, they need help at CB, Jimmy is injury prone and on a 1 year deal, this isn't a good situation"

Sorry your majesty, would Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane, Darrelle Revis, and Champ Bailey make you stop complaining!?

Clear vision for the holes on defense, purple goggles on for the holes on offense
    Take a look again at the state of the Ravens EDGE/pass rush. There's no one who gets sacks. There's even less people signed for 2022 then the wide receiving core. The biggest draft pick in the last 3 years for EDGE was a third round pick. We just went through a two-year period where the Ravens inside linebackers were guys no other teams wanted. This narrative you keep pushing that the WR position gets ignored while the defense gets all the attention is just not true.

It might have been true pre-2018, but it certainly isn't true now.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Antonio is training with Lamar and Hollywood again....

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/.amp/n...vens-ab-040731
    He behaved himself when staying in Brady's house. Maybe he can move in with Lamar and Felicia could keep him in line?

No complaints from me on the current WR core but... (there had to be a but...)

I wonder if Boykin will be utilised across both WR and TE roles. If there are plans to utilise him in a position other than WR then I'm of the opinion we still need to supplement the WR core by way of a replacement for him.

My lack of complaints is also caveated by expectation that Duvernay (particularly) and Proche both take a leap in the amount of snaps and in productivity this year. That expectation may be a little ambitious on the productivity front considering how few snaps the two of them shared last year. The way I see it, in terms of head count, we have an almost full compliment though so we can't afford to carry these two through another year of under utilisation and under productivity.

Blog Entries

I think its a better WR corps than in 2019 when he did just fine. Id still think theres room for taking a top prospect you expect to be a complete WR, but as is, Its good enough on paper. The only caveat there is that Watkins doesnt ever stay healthy, so I expect it to actually be more like last years corps minus the steady Snead for at least some portion of this season and therefore worse. Knowing watkins injury history, i think that means you feel comfortable getting and carrying another WR, vet or rookie.

I think our TEs are worse. Boyle off Injury and no Hurst means to me that we should be looking at another athletic pass catching TE. At the very least as depth to Mark and potentially leverage/replacement for his contract year. It usually takes a TE a year to make an impact anyway. We didnt really miss too much with Boyle down, as we still had the best Run game in the league, but I do think wed take advantage of having somebody fill in Hursts 2019 role better. Oliver has a chance to be that, but hes just a gamble. Id consider a mid round pick for a young athletic TE, much like Andrews was.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think its a better WR corps than in 2019 when he did just fine. Id still think theres room for taking a top prospect you expect to be a complete WR, but as is, Its good enough on paper. The only caveat there is that Watkins doesnt ever stay healthy, so I expect it to actually be more like last years corps minus the steady Snead for at least some portion of this season and therefore worse. Knowing watkins injury history, i think that means you feel comfortable getting and carrying another WR, vet or rookie.

I think our TEs are worse. Boyle off Injury and no Hurst means to me that we should be looking at another athletic pass catching TE. At the very least as depth to Mark and potentially leverage/replacement for his contract year. It usually takes a TE a year to make an impact anyway. We didnt really miss too much with Boyle down, as we still had the best Run game in the league, but I do think wed take advantage of having somebody fill in Hursts 2019 role better. Oliver has a chance to be that, but hes just a gamble. Id consider a mid round pick for a young athletic TE, much like Andrews was.
    I think they'll need to get someone in to replace Chris Moore, but obviously be a big upgrade from him. Agreed on Watkins, we need someone to step up while he's out, but that doesn't mean it has to be first or second round pick. We could get a veteran still out on the market, or someone let go after the draft.

If we want some help at TE receiving this year I don't think you'll find that in the draft. TEs take until their second year to develop. Most likely picking up someone like Darren Fells is the best option here. Then if one of the younger TEs on the roster works out, you're good, but you're not relying on them.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I think they'll need to get someone in to replace Chris Moore, but obviously be a big upgrade from him. Agreed on Watkins, we need someone to step up while he's out, but that doesn't mean it has to be first or second round pick. We could get a veteran still out on the market, or someone let go after the draft.

If we want some help at TE receiving this year I don't think you'll find that in the draft. TEs take until their second year to develop. Most likely picking up someone like Darren Fells is the best option here. Then if one of the younger TEs on the roster works out, you're good, but you're not relying on them.
    Chris Moore had lil to no impact on this team. Chris Moore has already been replace by guys the ravens have already sign like Cain and whoever else. Darren Fells is a 35 year old TE. Why on earth would you want to sign him? Like the guy who you responded to with this post said "You need a Hayden Hurst replacement". Another pass catching athletic TE. Which im pretty sure they will draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    Chris Moore had lil to no impact on this team. Chris Moore has already been replace by guys the ravens have already sign like Cain and whoever else. Darren Fells is a 35 year old TE. Why on earth would you want to sign him? Like the guy who you responded to with this post said "You need a Hayden Hurst replacement". Another pass catching athletic TE. Which im pretty sure they will draft.
    You'd sign Fells because no TE they draft this will have an impact this year. Tight Ends just aren't ready to be effective pass catchers as rookies. If they want to draft someone, they'll do so knowing that player won't be a factor until at least year two.

It's simple math. They lost Chris Moore and Snead, so they'll get two receivers to replace them. Since they already have Watkins, they'll need one more. They have an open roster spot, and they'll most likely fill it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    You'd sign Fells because no TE they draft this will have an impact this year. Tight Ends just aren't ready to be effective pass catchers as rookies. If they want to draft someone, they'll do so knowing that player won't be a factor until at least year two.

It's simple math. They lost Chris Moore and Snead, so they'll get two receivers to replace them. Since they already have Watkins, they'll need one more. They have an open roster spot, and they'll most likely fill it at some point.
    But the ravens have Andrews. We don't need a replacement for him or someone to come in and put up big numbers. His impact should be small but effective. He will be the backup TE or 3rd string. So it would make more since to draft this player instead of signing a 35 year old TE. Plus the ravens already signed TEs.

Not sure you have been paying attention but they lost snead but signed watkins. They lost Moore but signed two receivers to future contracts. So the ravens already have enough WR on the current roster. Plus Moore wasn't even a shoe in to make the team this year because I know they will draft atleast one receiver.

We need at least 5 HOF TEs and 7 HOF offensive lineman or its not fair to judge roman or Lamar