Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can you complain about Lamars receiving options at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    It's all on Lamar and roman. Wrs have never and will never be great here.
    I disagree. I still think a big outside receiver like Amari Cooper or Allen Robinson or Mike Evans would fit right in to this offense. Marquez Brown lined up in the slot 59% of the time last year. That means they really tried to use him on the outside a lot more than many thought they would. A big target on the outside would get targeted and it's something we are clearing missing.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I disagree. I still think a big outside receiver like Amari Cooper or Allen Robinson or Mike Evans would fit right in to this offense. Marquez Brown lined up in the slot 59% of the time last year. That means they really tried to use him on the outside a lot more than many thought they would. A big target on the outside would get targeted and it's something we are clearing missing.
    Oh I agree they would be valuable here. We're just never getting anyone like that.

Blog Entries

Oh I agree they would be valuable here. We're just never getting anyone like that.
    We either have to overpay, and that includes overpaying in a trade, or draft one. Other teams have been in this situation in the past. It's why the Giants paid so much for Galloday. If he does well this year it will be a very different view of the Giants in 2022 than it was in 2021. That's why the Bills paid a 1st round pick and huge money for Stefon Diggs after paying over market money for Cole Beasly and John Brown the year before. Those moves changed the perception of the Bills and made it a lot easier for them going forward.

Blog Entries

We either have to overpay, and that includes overpaying in a trade, or draft one. Other teams have been in this situation in the past. It's why the Giants paid so much for Galloday. If he does well this year it will be a very different view of the Giants in 2022 than it was in 2021. That's why the Bills paid a 1st round pick and huge money for Stefon Diggs after paying over market money for Cole Beasly and John Brown the year before. Those moves changed the perception of the Bills and made it a lot easier for them going forward.
    It's why I just picked Chase for Miami at 6. Not a position of need, but just couldn't pass on the guy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Aye aye. So much truth here.
    We're not even giving Lamar a glimmer of hope right now.
    With an improved line and a top guy on the outside, I feel like they would be flying up and down the field with ease and tempo.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

The best thing would be the Ravens drafting a first or second round WR that can become a starter and line up opposite Hollywood.

Next best is getting a veteran WR who becomes available like Boldin or Derrick Mason in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The best thing would be the Ravens drafting a first or second round WR that can become a starter and line up opposite Hollywood.

Next best is getting a veteran WR who becomes available like Boldin or Derrick Mason in the past.
    I disagree. I think another legit TE is more valuable to the ravens right now. 3 TE sets will be more realistic since the ravens had more success with them lamar's MVP year. Not sure another wide receiver will have a bigger impact on the passing game this year since we already know who will get the majority of targets this with the leftovers going between Watkins and company. Lamar is not going to throw for over 4k yards this season. The issue is being more efficient in the passing game. Instead of lamar running because no one is open, he should be finding targets. Thats the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Would a receiving group of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and Tony Gonzalez satisfy Raven fans?
    Hollywood and Watkins who is injury prone and on a 1 year deal is not a good situation at WR

It's like if our CB's were: Peters, Jimmy, Iman Marshall, Dorsey, Westry

"Hey, they need help at CB, Jimmy is injury prone and on a 1 year deal, this isn't a good situation"

Sorry your majesty, would Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane, Darrelle Revis, and Champ Bailey make you stop complaining!?

Clear vision for the holes on defense, purple goggles on for the holes on offense

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    I disagree. I think another legit TE is more valuable to the ravens right now. 3 TE sets will be more realistic since the ravens had more success with them lamar's MVP year. Not sure another wide receiver will have a bigger impact on the passing game this year since we already know who will get the majority of targets this with the leftovers going between Watkins and company. Lamar is not going to throw for over 4k yards this season. The issue is being more efficient in the passing game. Instead of lamar running because no one is open, he should be finding targets. Thats the key.
    That's probably true for the current version of the offense but how much will that help in the playoffs, or if regular season opponents start defending the Ravens the way playoff opponents have?

I think another dangerous receiver in the outside would help take defenders out of the middle of the field and make it harder for teams to neutralize the Ravens offense the way they've been able to when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That's probably true for the current version of the offense but how much will that help in the playoffs, or if regular season opponents start defending the Ravens the way playoff opponents have?

I think another dangerous receiver in the outside would help take defenders out of the middle of the field and make it harder for teams to neutralize the Ravens offense the way they've been able to when it really matters.
    Teams were playing the ravens like the playoff team were during the reg season last season. Crowd the middle of the field and stop them on 1st down. Go back and look at the Steelers game.The same excused was made after lamars rookie year when the chargers beat them in the playoffs. Remember the 3 TE sets left when Hayden Hurst left. They never replace that key element. A dynamic receiver would be great but what WR in their prime or rookie monster receiver will land with the ravens. Probably none. That why I said realisticly they have a chance at filling Hurst shoes than anything.

The passing scheme has a lot to do with the ravens failures in the playoffs. Not beating one on one coverage or finding soft spots in zones to help counter balance the running attack or blitzing. But let's be honest. The Ravens have improved in the playoffs the last 3 seasons with lamar. So I expect the same this year.

Yeah that tiny bump from Snead to Watkins, who can't stay on the field, is TOTALLY going to change everything.

Still bottom 3 WR corp in NFL.

And frankly it doesn't even matter since if Roman could implement an actual passing attack it would've happened by now. Guy isn't magically going to learn how to do it.

So we have to flush another year of Lamar's prime down the toilet to finally maybe hire someone competent but Harbs will probably just hire another failed coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    The Ravens have improved in the playoffs the last 3 seasons with lamar. So I expect the same this year.
    It was just the defense that improved, really. The offense was shut down as usual, other than one great Lamar run.