Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Players you want drafted before pick 27

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Phillips and Bateman. I want no part of them.
    Those are my two top targets at #27. Bateman lit up his Pro Day and likely doesn't even sniff #27 though. The Titans are probably his absolute floor as a Corey Davis replacement.

Phillips concerns are all medical. So as fans we don't really have much say in that as we won't know what the Ravens medical staff concludes on him. If he's cleared then he's a top 15 talent. Best pass rusher in the class easily.

- Bateman could be the next Justin Jefferson, two big thumbs up if he falls to us somehow

- Phillips, who the hell knows... love his talent, we're probably not going to know about his medical clearance on draft night to have a firm opinion on his value

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    - Bateman could be the next Justin Jefferson, two big thumbs up if he falls to us somehow

- Phillips, who the hell knows
    I watched Bateman play a few games in '20 and he stunk. My concern is which guy is he? The guy on the field or at the combine? The '20 or the '19 Bateman?

Give me Marshall.

Phillips could be the next Tim Williams. I don't like him much for the Ravens scheme where he will have to do more than put a hand in the dirt and come off the edge to rush the pass. If we're taking gambles on pass rushers, let's do it in the second or third round, and use the first round pick on a more trustworthy option.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

I watched Bateman play a few games in '20 and he stunk. My concern is which guy is he? The guy on the field or at the combine? The '20 or the '19 Bateman?

Give me Marshall.

Phillips could be the next Tim Williams. I don't like him much for the Ravens scheme where he will have to do more than put a hand in the dirt and come off the edge to rush the pass. If we're taking gambles on pass rushers, let's do it in the second or third round, and use the first round pick on a more trustworthy option.
    Haven't given a lot of thought to Marshall but he brings a lot of options. I just have a hard time seeing EDC pick a receiver at 27 but maybe they will feel a guy just fell to them.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

use the first round pick on a more trustworthy option.
    Who do you have in mind? Marshall? An O Line player?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Who do you have in mind? Marshall? An O Line player?
    Well, I think Jenkins is a home run at 27. But I don't think he's getting past Pittsburgh, as I wrote in another thread. Marshall, yes.

From there maybe Dickerson. I know that sounds dumb. How can I call Phillips risky and not Dickerson? Most of my objection to Phillips is scheme fit, not injury. But as to Phillips' injury, concussion is a different kind of ticking time bomb. Dickerson is either going to black flagged by the medical staff and they don't draft him...or he is green lighted, in which case he's a legit 1st round talent.

I also think you can drop into the second and get him because teams will be scared off.

I actually think Barmore is a better bet than people are giving him credit for. Most of the negative on him stems from his tendency to play outside the scheme, trying to do to much, and getting himself into poor positions to make tackles. I'm confident that the Ravens will pound into his head to just do his job. I like his fit for the defense because they can move him around. Pairing him with Madibuke as they get ready to move on from B Will sounds pretty good to me.

So, for me, I think I'm rooting for Jenkins, Marshall, Barmore, and Dickerson (if cleared) to be on the board at 27. But, other than Jenkins being there, I'd also be just fine with trading back.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Players you want drafted before pick 27

Give me Marshall.

Shas, I'm right there with you on both. Bateman's 2019 and 2020 seasons are like Jekyll and Hyde. Unfortunately the Hyde came in his latest season @ Minnesota. I'm leery of guys who are outstanding at the Combine, and maybe in the gym or on the track, but their play on the field doesn't reflect it.
    Terrace Marshall @ LSU in 2019 (46/671/14.6/13 TDs) and in 2020 (48/731/15.2/10 TDs). Good size (6' 3" - 200 lbs) and seems steady.

I not only agree about Phillips, but all the possible Pass Rushers when we get to pick seem "iffy" to me. I'd rather wait on that, but as you posted, not too long (2nd or 3rd)... Bc

Give me Marshall.

He nearly averaged 100 yds a game in a 5 game season. With all the COVID protocols effecting practice, travel, and pretty much everything I won't kill a college kid for having a difficult time.

Bateman is by far the superior route runner, and is a natural catcher. He passes the eye test when you watch him play and watch his Pro Day.

Marshall is solid as well, but limited in his route tree and seems to fight the ball at times when catching it. I'll take Bateman all day over Marshall, but won't be mad if Bateman is off the board and we end up with Marshall.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    He averaged nearly 100 yds a game in a 5 game season. With all the COVID protocols effecting practice, travel, and pretty much everything I won't kill a college kid for having a difficult time.

Bateman is by far the superior route runner, and is a natural catcher. He passes the eye test when you watch him play and watch his Pro Day.

Marshall is solid as well, but limited in his route tree and seems to fight the ball at times when catching it. I'll take Bateman all day over Marshall, but won't be mad if Bateman is off the board and we end up with Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Shas, I'm right there with you on both. Bateman's 2019 and 2020 seasons are like Jekyll and Hyde.
    Apparently Bateman suffered badly with Covid in 2020 and lost 10 pounds because of it, so that might be a factor.

So, for me, I think I'm rooting for Jenkins, Marshall, Barmore, and Dickerson (if cleared) to be on the board at 27. But, other than Jenkins being there, I'd also be just fine with trading back.
    I agree with your picks but I'd also throw in Bateman and I'm hoping for Phillips to be cleared. I'm even coming round on Ojulari and Paye a bit.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    First pick - Oweh.
    Second pick - Spencer Brown.

I'm just one of those folks who see the best pro day numbers ever and says "at 27? are you kidding, yes give me that guy". 257 pounds 4.37. Whatever comp you have with Oweh, that guy you're comparing him to didn't have those crazy numbers Oweh has No Matter Who You Come Up With In The History Of The NFL. Mingo did not have anywhere near the numbers of Oweh. 257 4.37 is insanely good. Mingo's 241 4.58 is good or great but you see numbers like that every year. Gholston was 266 4.67. Not even really close to Oweh.

All the time I'm looking for the best numbers.
    Great. He can do all of the combine stuff. Tell me about his game changing plays on the football field. Game play means ten times what workout shit means.