Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Players you want drafted before pick 27

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Glad you said something. I was like "what"?? They are nothing alike. Harvin is a good comp though.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Yea.. Toney is a smaller receiver but plays with a lot of grit. Perriman got a ton of criticism for being soft

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    2018 - first 4, 6 of first 8 picks all offense
    2019 - 4 of first 5
    2020 - 4 of first 7

If you want to make a case for the offense being neglected, point to the payroll. But you can’t say we’ve been ignoring the offense in the draft with a straight face. And even if you’re discounting Watkins, I would also say Zeitler counts as a substantial talent acquisition.
    The payroll is a direct consequence of drafting those guys on offense. Just wait a few years and you'll see a drastic change in money allocation. (and the Ravens will have to spend more draft capital on defense)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The payroll is a direct consequence of drafting those guys on offense. Just wait a few years and you'll see a drastic change in money allocation. (and the Ravens will have to spend more draft capital on defense)
    seems this has to be explained every other week ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I think Paye will be gone but I guess crazier things have happened, I would be okay with Paye if he slid

Moehrig... I like him, but I'm not sold on him being a can't-miss prospect like a Derwin James type. There's also a lot of really good safety prospects available in the mid rounds. Andre Cisco is an animal (Probably round 2 guy), very high on Damar Hamlin as well who should be available into the mid-late rounds. I just think that's a spot you can wait and still find quality at in round 2-5. Deshon & Clark have shown me enough to not get antsy with adding a safety in round 1.

I just think at the end of the day your goal should be to find an offensive starter in round 1. Whether that's an OL or a WR. Take that early shot for the offense assuming there isn't a crazy defensive slide that you just can't pass up like a Kwity Paye or Jaelan Phillips (with a medical clearance).

I would love a firm solution at WR before Lamar signs that mega deal. I've had enough of the smartest guy in the room thing with drafting WR's, you took Hollywood in the 1st, was he the best WR in that class? No. But is he still a high quality starter? Yes.

Stick with what works, if we take a WR in round 1 we can even get away with being "wrong" on which guy to take and still come away feeling like a winner as was the case with Hollywood (AJ Brown). I have a very hard time believing a guy like Terrace Marshall won't at least be a high quality starter even if he falls short of being the next breakout star. When you wait until the mid rounds and you get it "wrong" you can get it VERY wrong because the talent pool has just dwindled so much at that point. Stack the deck in your favor where you need it the most.
    Deshon has missed more games than he has played...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

He just played a full season. I think we can cut him some slack now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    2020 1st round pick - defense

High profile trade for Calais - defense

High profile trade for Yannick - defense

The defense has been on the receiving end of the last 3 substantial talent acquisitions

I don't just have a random prediliction for offense, I want to win in the playoffs and thats where we need to improve to do so. So weird to me how this has become such an offense vs defense pissing contest.

I don't favor either side of the ball, just diagnosing flaws and wanting to correct them, right now the most fatal flaws are on offense
    Moving the goal posts again. The discussion was the draft, not the overall roster allocation through free agency and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I give it 2 years, 3 at most. Lamar, Andrews, Hollywood (if only because he's the soulja) and Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He just played a full season. I think we can cut him some slack now.
    Ehhhh. Maybe a little.., I’m never going to count on him as a solid starter after the beginning of his career however. We need credible depth behind him, we should go into a season assuming to get 6 or less games from him.

Phillips and Bateman. I want no part of them.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Phillips and Bateman. I want no part of them.
    Phillips I understand with the injury risks but why do you want no part of Bateman?

I can understand being one of the people who don't want a WR picked early but why single him out when he's almost universally considered WR4 in the draft. Do you think he'll be a bust?

I am really concerned that he seemed to completely blow off the'20 season. I hear his is in good shape again. Maybe a top 15 talent who falls because of a bad year. But I just wonder about his competitiveness because of it. I like the LSU kid better anyway. LSU has been on a roll with WRs.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

I would definitely like to see them add a safety. Just isn't pressing enough to be a round 1 concern imo. Moehrig looks like a solid pro but I just don't find him head-and-shoulders above guys that can be had in the mid rounds.

Andre Cisco in the 2nd would be better value than Moehrig at #27 for instance. Richie Grant, Caden Sterns, Damar Hamlin... there's a solid amount of quality safety prospects that you can wait on.

I think any 1st round pick that isn't WR, OL, Edge just doesn't make much sense to me in terms of value-to-need ratio. Even in the pure BPA argument Moehrig doesn't tip the scales for me.