Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Players you want drafted before pick 27

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They went out in FA and got a guard and a receiver. I just don't understand this twisted view
    'Twisted' is a bit much. The Ravens are spending the lowest amount on offense in the entire NFL for 2021.

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

They went out in FA and got a guard and a receiver. I just don't understand this twisted view
    That's a bit of a twisted view as well when you look at what they spent last off-season on defense. Calais Campbell's contract alone is more than Zeitler and Watkins combined.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

3. Cool Re: Players you want drafted before pick 27

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Quarterbacks, Runningbacks, tight ends, cornerbacks, and safety. Ravens want them going before their pick. Will be interesting to see if one of the top qbs fall. Maybe a Lamar Jackson situation where a team wants to trade up and pay a premium...... Even though the Ravens didnt trade that much to get LJ
    Add Kadarious Toney, WR FL to the list. Needs to be gone so EDC is not tempted to take him. He is actually Breshad Perriman trying again in a new lifeform.

Gregory Rousseau. Kinda like Ferguson, he won't get anything close to that production in the NFL.

This post may be totally off topic but a player that I would love for them to draft in the late second or early third should they acquire more picks is Alim McNeill.BW is on the last year of his deal and probably won't be back on 2022
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/a...ensive-tackle/

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TDL1000; 04-04-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phkiernan View Post
    Add Kadarious Toney, WR FL to the list. Needs to be gone so EDC is not tempted to take him. He is actually Breshad Perriman trying again in a new lifeform.
    In what world lol

Toney is a Percy Harvin clone imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    Gregory Rousseau. Kinda like Ferguson, he won't get anything close to that production in the NFL.
    Uni, I agree, but at least Ferguson (who I was happy we drafted at the time) was only a 3rd round pick... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    In what world lol

Toney is a Percy Harvin clone imo
    Glad you said something. I was like "what"?? They are nothing alike. Harvin is a good comp though.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    This post may be totally off topic but a player that I would love for them to draft in the late second or early third should they acquire more picks is Alim McNeill.BW is on the last year of his deal and probably won't be back on 2022
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/a...ensive-tackle/

McNeil is a monster. Would fit into our scheme so well. I wonder what round he will go in.

pretty hilarious

look back at the last few drafts and you may be surprised to find offense picks in the first three rounds way more than defense

2020 - 3/3
    2019 - 2/1
    2018 - 4/0

that's 9 offense to 4 defense. Sounds like we should just draft straight up defense every pick ;-)
    2020 1st round pick - defense

High profile trade for Calais - defense

High profile trade for Yannick - defense

The defense has been on the receiving end of the last 3 substantial talent acquisitions

I don't just have a random prediliction for offense, I want to win in the playoffs and thats where we need to improve to do so. So weird to me how this has become such an offense vs defense pissing contest.

I don't favor either side of the ball, just diagnosing flaws and wanting to correct them, right now the most fatal flaws are on offense

2018 - first 4, 6 of first 8 picks all offense
    2019 - 4 of first 5
    2020 - 4 of first 7

If you want to make a case for the offense being neglected, point to the payroll. But you can’t say we’ve been ignoring the offense in the draft with a straight face. And even if you’re discounting Watkins, I would also say Zeitler counts as a substantial talent acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    McNeil is a monster. Would fit into our scheme so well. I wonder what round he will go in.
    All the mocks seem to have him going from the mid second to early third. 45 to 65ish.