Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: The most violent man in college football

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    True about Oher, but I think the Ravens drafted him thinking that he would play LT, but moved him to RT after he struggled at LT. Grubbs was always going to be an OG. McKinnie wasn’t a world beater at the point in his career when he came to the Ravens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oher was the RT from day 1 and Jared Gaither was the left tackle.

Jaelan Phillips = Myles Jack?

Regarding injury concerns not position.

If we didn’t touch Myles jack in the 2nd round due to history concerns, philips is pretty up there too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    If we didn’t touch Myles jack in the 2nd round due to history concerns, philips is pretty up there too.
    We were picking at #6 in that draft, had CJ Mosley on the roster and had to address LT. No way to tell if the Ravens would have taken him if they were picking late in the 1st or before the Jags in the 2nd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oher was the RT from day 1 and Jared Gaither was the left tackle.
    Maybe I am remembering it incorrectly, but I recall they drafted Oher with the thought of playing him at LT. It is very unRavenslike to start a first round pick at RT while having a 5th round pick that was a bit of a project protecting their QB’s blind side.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Maybe I am remembering it incorrectly, but I recall they drafted Oher with the thought of playing him at LT. It is very unRavenslike to start a first round pick at RT while having a 5th round pick that was a bit of a project protecting their QB’s blind side.

Gaither was in his 2nd season, and Oher absolutely started at RT his rookie year in 09. The line was

Gaither-Grubbs-Birk-Yanda-Oher

Whether or not the Ravens viewed Oher as the eventual LT is up in the air. They had to move Oher to LT in 2010 when Gaither started acting like an ass, and then he was moved back to RT in 2011 after the Ravens signed McKinnie.

That is exactly what happened.

Oher was actually really good at RT and Gaither was solid at LT. Gaither arrived in 2017. He started at LT for all of 2008 and most of 2009.

Oher played in like 5 games at LT and the coaches apparently did not make the right decision because Oher absolutely sucked at LT and Gaither never played after that. I think Gaither sat out an entire year before being released.

The best Oline was Gaither at LT and Oher at RT. The Ravens decision ultimately lost them both players after Gaither refused to play RT and Oher sucked at LT.

Gaither had all the physical talent in the world and pissed it away. Very similar to what Isaih Wilson is doing but Gaither atleast lasted few years in the NFL.

Oher went on to play well for other teams but he sucked here. He was a false start machine at LT if I recall correctly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    That is exactly what happened.

Oher was actually really good at RT and Gaither was solid at LT. Gaither arrived in 2017. He started at LT for all of 2008 and most of 2009.

Oher played in like 5 games at LT and the coaches apparently did not make the right decision because Oher absolutely sucked at LT and Gaither never played after that. I think Gaither sat out an entire year before being released.

The best Oline was Gaither at LT and Oher at RT. The Ravens decision ultimately lost them both players after Gaither refused to play RT and Oher sucked at LT.

Gaither had all the physical talent in the world and pissed it away. Very similar to what Isaih Wilson is doing but Gaither atleast lasted few years in the NFL.

Oher went on to play well for other teams but he sucked here. He was a false start machine at LT if I recall correctly.
    I think Oher was alright for us at RT. It was just whenever he played LT where he struggled. He played his role in the superbowl on a OL that played superbly down the stretch

Blog Entries

I think Oher was alright for us at RT. It was just whenever he played LT where he struggled. He played his role in the superbowl on a OL that played superbly down the stretch
    The point I was trying to make was that the Ravens drafted Oher in the first round with the intention of playing him at LT. That didn’t work out which is why they moved him to RT. That is why I wonder if they would spend a first round pick on Jenkins or another OT that they intend to play at RT. They seem to get RTs later in the draft. OBJ was a third round pick, Rick Wagner was a 5th round pick, etc.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Bryant McKinnie decided to play hard, which kicked Oher to RT and Osemele to LG and ehrmegerd everything clicked. Birk and Yanda were Birk and Yanda.

We were picking at #6 in that draft, had CJ Mosley on the roster and had to address LT. No way to tell if the Ravens would have taken him if they were picking late in the 1st or before the Jags in the 2nd.
    Hm? You must’ve forgotten how that draft went. Myles jack fell to us in the 2nd round at pick #36. We trade down 2 spots to let jags take him.

Then we traded down again for dolphins to take Xavien Howard.

Who did we ended up taking? Kamalei Correa.

Yeah... I like to think if injury concerns wasn’t a big factor, Myles jack would’ve been a raven.

Pain.

I’m annoyed by this thread because the OP doesn’t say the name of the player and neither does the title of the video and I keep forgetting his name LOL