Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Desantis

Blog Entries

Re: Ron Desantis

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I love the guy for 24 He handles the media well and doesn't back down but he's not the brash a-hole like Trump, who needs to get out of his way, but will he? I like Kristi Noem for his VP although I'm not sure what's going on in SD where she vetoed a transgender sports bill.
    Noem killed her career with that bill.

I think he's been a good governor for Florida insofar as COVID is concerned. I don't know much about him other than that. He might be a good GOP presidential candidate, he might not. Until a candidate is put under the white hot lights and microscope of a presidential campaign, you don't know how he/she will fare. But he's conservative enough for me.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

3. Re: Ron Desantis

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What are your views in this guy? Could he be a possibility for 2024? Out of all the leaders in the world since the pandemic started, this guy has stood out head and shoulders above the rest IMO. He is one of the very few politicians that has gone against the lockdown and media narrative.
    IDK how good he would be as a president.

On the plus side he has shown great fiscal guidance for the state. He has done an above average job with regards to the pandemic all in all. He recognizes climate change as an issue and is taking steps to mitigate it even if he doesnt make headlines daily for his actions in that area.

His biggest negative IMO is that he is leading a movement utilizing the state legislature (both houses solidly republican) to usurp the clearly stated intent of the Florida constitution regarding local home rule. He has led efforts to usurp everything from local zoning codes that prohibit commercial enterprises in residential areas to if and how you can trim your trees to what can or cannot be included in school curriculum. We have minimum educational standards for public schools (low by the northeasts standards) but he wants to go further and dictate to districts specifically what can or cannot be taught.

To see him on the national news he would seem to be a staunch supporter of states rights but here in Florida he fights to refuse municipalities rights not specifically spelled out in the state constitution. It has gotten so bad there is now a movement to bring a constitutional amendment to a vote requiring a 2/3 majority vote of the legislature to allow a governor the ability to take home rule away from localities. The governors reaction was to attempt to pass a law that constitutional amendments had to be on a statewide ballot twice (2 years apart) and pass both times by a 60% majority.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What are your views in this guy? Could he be a possibility for 2024? Out of all the leaders in the world since the pandemic started, this guy has stood out head and shoulders above the rest IMO. He is one of the very few politicians that has gone against the lockdown and media narrative.
    I love DeSantis. I have a lot of family in Florida and they love the guy. He has shown more courage and leadership than any other politician in this country in the past year. I will say though that I really don't want Florida to lose him as Governor. Having strong Conservative Governors and State Legislatures may be more important going forward then the Presidency in maintaining secure and honest elections.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I love DeSantis. I have a lot of family in Florida and they love the guy. He has shown more courage and leadership than any other politician in this country in the past year. I will say though that I really don't want Florida to lose him as Governor. Having strong Conservative Governors and State Legislatures may be more important going forward then the Presidency in maintaining secure and honest elections.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I can't blame Florida for wanting to hang on to him. He actually has "followed the science."

It’s all just for show. We all know the elections are controlled. Not a chance an outspoken conservative ever wins again. When the dems can get as many votes as needed (after the election) how can you expect him to win???