Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Depth Chart

Re: WR Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I was going off memory....but the numbers were 47% in 2019 and 2020:

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/p...frequency.html
    Clearly 3% is well within the margin of error for memory. Seems much higher than my memory.

That also includes the Boykin in the DD position(designated decoy).

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He was, like Proche, a 6th round pick by Indianapolis in 2018. He was on this board's radar believe me.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deon-c...6-543135057eaa

Then -boom- tears his ACL. Hasn't gotten a good shot yet.
    The weird thing is he was rated much higher than 6th rd but fell on draft day. A lot of people had him in 2nd or 3rd rd. Was looking online but don't see why he fell. No bong smoking videos or anything.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    The weird thing is he was rated much higher than 6th rd but fell on draft day. A lot of people had him in 2nd or 3rd rd. Was looking online but don't see why he fell. No bong smoking videos or anything.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Maybe he had a knee sprain that eventually popped his ACL like Klay Thompson had. These teams know a lot more about medicals than we are privy to.

Could be I guess. But it seems to me that this what they want to do.
    Looking both at the history of Roman's offensive style and Harbaughs general approach to football i think this is the way they want to play.... "heavy" as opposed to light.
    I just don’t see them intentionally removing Boyle and/or Ricard all that often in early downs intentionally as a functional strategic shift. I too believe they actively WANT TO play a bully ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I just don’t see them intentionally removing Boyle and/or Ricard all that often in early downs intentionally as a functional strategic shift. I too believe they actively WANT TO play a bully ball.
    They used multiple TE a lot more in 2020 then 2019. I think Ricard's high usage was more of a necessity last year then a choice...i think they would prefer someone more of a receiving threat and trade off some of the blocking. The loss of Boyle to injury and the trade of Hurst without a viable replacement on the roster....kinda forced their hand. If they wanted more WRs they could have easily taken those vacated targets and sent them to the WRs Snead, Boykin and Duvernay.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    i don't think he 'fell' during the draft
    i'm a bit of draft nut and i don't remember Proche being considered anything more then late maybe mid-round guy.
    There were ability to separate questions, speed questions and route variety questions
    Great hands though...if he's gonna be effective it seems like he would need to win a different way...maybe a jarvis landry way
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

They used multiple TE a lot more in 2020 then 2019. I think Ricard's high usage was more of a necessity last year then a choice...i think they would prefer someone more of a receiving threat and trade off some of the blocking. The loss of Boyle to injury and the trade of Hurst without a viable replacement on the roster....kinda forced their hand. If they wanted more WRs they could have easily taken those vacated targets and sent them to the WRs Snead, Boykin and Duvernay.
    Agreed on Ricard, Boyle is the straw that stirs this drink.

i'm a bit of draft nut and i don't remember Proche being considered anything more then late maybe mid-round guy.
    There were ability to separate questions, speed questions and route variety questions
    Great hands though...if he's gonna be effective it seems like he would need to win a different way...maybe a jarvis landry way
    I think the “fell” talk is in reference to Cain.

I don't know what you're talking about
    You, or someone using your account, started a thread called "I farted" and I was wondering what the story was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    You, or someone using your account, started a thread called "I farted" and I was wondering what the story was.
    suspected someone hacked his account

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Nobody knew the future of Patrick or White at the time. Ravens chose the wrong Tim. Of course they would, but for us it's still hindsight.
    Oh, I know, and that’s exactly the point. Just saying the fact that Cain was waived for a nobody isn’t much of a knock against him to me. Patrick was the most apples to apples I could think of but there are countless examples like that.

I think Proche was expected to be a ~4th round pick but went in the 6th at least in part because he had health issues and teams couldn’t take a look at him because of COVID. Idk if you can call a day three guy going later on day three than expected “falling” though. Putting on my purple glasses I do see a little bit of Landry in the absolute ceiling for Proche but the name that really popped out to me when thinking of good outcomes was Brandon Lloyd