Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Wasn't he a udfa?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    No.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Re: WR Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They’ll add a guy but the roster is about full
    Yeah, with another guy coming via draft, one of the young 'uns might have to crack the roster via KR/PR returner.
    And this is not counting any vet they might add after draft, if they feel the room needs a bit more experience, and the few udfa's that will be coming in as well.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

WR Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I haven't given up on Boykin. I think the hate on him is undeserved at this point. All you have to do is go through Roman's history as an OC to see there isn't much opportunity for anyone other than the TE and WR1. He has consistently been at the bottom of the league in pass attempts and yds, and hasn't been great in pass TDs with QBs not named Lamar Jackson. His offense is just not going to give many opportunities to a 3rd WR.

I can see why Wide Receivers hate the offense. I wouldn't want to get drafted by them at this point to play WR. What opportunity will you have to improve and show your potential? I can understand their frustration.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    If you understand what you wrote(clearly you do,this is rhetorical not facetious). Than why have you still had such a hard on for adding WR(a) to this roster?

Because you effectively explained my side of the argument you have been having with me for a month. Brown and Andrew’s will eat the few targets there are available, and Lamar is barely going to throw to anyone else so why does it matter who they are(said to the extreme). It’s simply not a position worth dumping assets into on this team. We may have real reps for 3 TE’s and a FB but not likely for a 3rd WR and certainly not for a 4th. ; maybe even 5 edge guys or corners see the field on game day but WR! Nah...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonboy79; 04-03-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Ryan Mink already has a title for his training camp hype article: Cain is Able
    Let’s Put the women and children in be and go looking for dinner!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If you understand what you wrote(clearly you do,this is rhetorical not facetious). Than why have you still had such a hard on for adding WR(a) to this roster?

Because you effectively explained my side of the argument you have been having with me for a month. Brown and Andrew’s will eat the few targets there are available, and Lamar is barely going to throw to anyone else so why does it matter who they are(said to the extreme). It’s simply not a position worth dumping assets into on this team. We may have real reps for 3 TE’s and a RB but not likely for a 3rd WR and certainly not for a 4th. ; maybe even 5 edge guys or corners see the field on game day but WR! Nah...
    i agree, but....for me its not about need drafting a WR is about roster building.

By and large this team follows BPA and any time there is best player available vs their roster then they're probably going to draft them.

Let's say for example they have a high grade on Bateman/Marshall and they are the BPA @ 27 if they have a higher grade on them then on Hollywood they're probably going to draft them.
    The WR spot on the roster and on the field is deep. At least 2 starts ~50% of the time there's 3 on the field.
    Any time you can improve the spots 1-3 you should take it....especially for a team that has perceived issues attracting free agent WRs.

The same for the later rounds if there is BPA that is better then Boykin, Duvernay or fills a hole at an empty roster spot like back-up Z behind Hollywood they should be on the table.

And this is considered a deep WR class.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    i agree, but....for me its not about need drafting a WR is about roster building.

By and large this team follows BPA and any time there is best player available vs their roster then they're probably going to draft them.

Let's say for example they have a high grade on Bateman/Marshall and they are the BPA @ 27 if they have a higher grade on them then on Hollywood they're probably going to draft them.
    The WR spot on the roster and on the field is deep. At least 2 starts ~50% of the time there's 3 on the field.
    Any time you can improve the spots 1-3 you should take it....especially for a team that has perceived issues attracting free agent WRs.

The same for the later rounds if there is BPA that is better then Boykin, Duvernay or fills a hole at an empty roster spot like back-up Z behind Hollywood they should be on the table.

And this is considered a deep WR class.
    Can I get the stats on 50% snap percentage 3+ WR’s on this team?

Doesn’t feel that high at all.

I agree on BPA, I simply also feel that the way the position is valued league wide, almost every WR pick is a reach. There are nearly always better players at other positions on the board.

I wonder how much of this is a chicken and egg thing though. Like yeah we didn’t run three WR as often as other teams but how much of that was just because of the quality of our WR room?

As long as we’re stuck with GRo we’re only gonna change so much but it doesn’t seem crazy to think that if we have better WRs we’ll use our WRs more.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    So, WNC, are you going to post in all these threads without addressing "I farted"? What was going on? I need to know?
    I don't know what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    We waived Tim Patrick for a WR named Tim White at a time (aka the entire history of the franchise) when we were considered thin at WR.

I’m not saying Cain is going to be Tim Patrick (though he is younger now than Patrick was as a rookie) and no one is saying he’s a sure thing. Just that he’s talented and should have a real shot at the roster.
    Nobody knew the future of Patrick or White at the time. Ravens chose the wrong Tim. Of course they would, but for us it's still hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Wasn't he a udfa?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    He was, like Proche, a 6th round pick by Indianapolis in 2018. He was on this board's radar believe me.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deon-c...6-543135057eaa

Then -boom- tears his ACL. Hasn't gotten a good shot yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Can I get the stats on 50% snap percentage 3+ WR’s on this team?

Doesn’t feel that high at all.
    I was going off memory....but the numbers were 47% in 2019 and 2020:

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/p...frequency.html
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I wonder how much of this is a chicken and egg thing though. Like yeah we didn’t run three WR as often as other teams but how much of that was just because of the quality of our WR room?

As long as we’re stuck with GRo we’re only gonna change so much but it doesn’t seem crazy to think that if we have better WRs we’ll use our WRs more.
    Could be I guess. But it seems to me that this what they want to do.
    Looking both at the history of Roman's offensive style and Harbaughs general approach to football i think this is the way they want to play.... "heavy" as opposed to light.