Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Depth Chart

Blog Entries

Re: WR Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Or maybe the team surprises us and cuts Boykin.
    For some there would be great suffering and gnashing of teeth were that to transpire.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Exactly. I mean I'm not understanding why saying he may be better than a 6th round pick is considered "hype", but this guy legitimately won a starting job in the NFL, and not by default. The Colts said he was their best receiver in camp that year and then he got hurt the first game.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Cain is a sixth round pick as well though. He may have been considered the best receiver in camp and was a starter but he still got waived/cut by The Colts in favor of them promoting another wide receiver by the name of Marcus Johnson which was during a time when The Colts was considered pretty thin at wide receiver due to their top receivers being hurt.So regardless of what was said about Cain he ended up not being good enough to finish on The Colts 53 man roster. He has talent and could live up to his potential but it may be considered too much hype to say currently that he won't make it to The Ravens practice squad even though he has made to both The Colts and Steelers practice squad. If this guy getting this much hype right now then I need know why Miles Boykins isn't receiving more hype than him because he probably has show more on the field.

If you need further information on Cain situations regarding him getting waived by The Colts and why then please click the link below.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...on/2545079001/

hell yea get the cain hype going

We waived Tim Patrick for a WR named Tim White at a time (aka the entire history of the franchise) when we were considered thin at WR.

I’m not saying Cain is going to be Tim Patrick (though he is younger now than Patrick was as a rookie) and no one is saying he’s a sure thing. Just that he’s talented and should have a real shot at the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    We waived Tim Patrick for a WR named Tim White at a time (aka the entire history of the franchise) when we were considered thin at WR.

I’m not saying Cain is going to be Tim Patrick (though he is younger now than Patrick was as a rookie) and no one is saying he’s a sure thing. Just that he’s talented and should have a real shot at the roster.
    You mention a receiver in this forum and the knives come out. I mean nobody is saying he's Julio Jones. He's an option and IMO has more upside than Proche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Cain is a sixth round pick as well though. He may have been considered the best receiver in camp and was a starter but he still got waived/cut by The Colts in favor of them promoting another wide receiver by the name of Marcus Johnson which was during a time when The Colts was considered pretty thin at wide receiver due to their top receivers being hurt.So regardless of what was said about Cain he ended up not being good enough to finish on The Colts 53 man roster. He has talent and could live up to his potential but it may be considered too much hype to say currently that he won't make it to The Ravens practice squad even though he has made to both The Colts and Steelers practice squad. If this guy getting this much hype right now then I need know why Miles Boykins isn't receiving more hype than him because he probably has show more on the field.

If you need further information on Cain situations regarding him getting waived by The Colts and why then please click the link below.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...on/2545079001/
    Yeah, I was gonna say something but unwritten forum rules dictate that you cannot say anything objective about Miles Boykin production without repercussions. ;)

But, I think Tigerblood comments on Cain's youtube were a bit bullish, but Cain should be listed on the depth chart somewhere.

I'm certain that WR whether its an outside or a slot or both will come via the draft somewhere.

If you really want to live dangerously.....imagine if WR doesn't fall to them as a BPA and Watkins plays more on inside/slot role and Boykin returns as the starting X. Heads will explode.
    Last edited by edromeo; 04-02-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say something but unwritten forum rules dictate that you cannot say anything object about Miles Boykin production without repercussions. ;)

But, I think Tigerblood comments on Cain's youtube were a bit bullish, but Cain should be listed on the depth chart somewhere.

I'm certain that WR whether its an outside or a slot or both will come via the draft somewhere.

If you really want to live dangerously.....imagine if WR doesn't fall to them as a BPA and Watkins plays more on inside/slot role and Boykin returns as the starting X. Heads will explode.
    I haven't given up on Boykin. I think the hate on him is undeserved at this point. All you have to do is go through Roman's history as an OC to see there isn't much opportunity for anyone other than the TE and WR1. He has consistently been at the bottom of the league in pass attempts and yds, and hasn't been great in pass TDs with QBs not named Lamar Jackson. His offense is just not going to give many opportunities to a 3rd WR.

I can see why Wide Receivers hate the offense. I wouldn't want to get drafted by them at this point to play WR. What opportunity will you have to improve and show your potential? I can understand their frustration.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say something but unwritten forum rules dictate that you cannot say anything objective about Miles Boykin production without repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Cain will definitely get claimed off PS. My bet is we either keep 6 WRs or Proche is odd man out.

Wasn't he a udfa?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Does Deon Cain have better hands than Jordan Lasley, our last "diamond in the rough" receiver prospect?
    Does a construction barrel with a catcher's mitt taped to it have better hands than our last... You know what, nevermind.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    hell yea get the cain hype going
    Ryan Mink already has a title for his training camp hype article: Cain is Able

Blog Entries

They’ll add a guy but the roster is about full

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!