Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

2021 Edge Rankings - Raw projects galore

Sorry if he has already been discussed, but what do you guys think of Janarius Robinson from Florida State? He seems like a raw prospect, but he has good athletic ability, long arms, and heavy hands that could translate into a better NFL career than college career. He could be a good value pick in the fourth round.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/j...son/mTYDnon00W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dirt1; 04-08-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Re: 2021 Edge Rankings - Raw projects galore

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    Great post! Nothing like actual data. And the Ravens have plenty of it to make their decision.
    Exactly. Remember when the Ravens drafted Suggs some "experts" had concerns about his pro game because of some average athletic measurables. Ravens went off game tape and production and we ended up with a Hall of Famer.

Stay away from the "raw" athletes. There are things you can't measure at a Pro Day like heart, maturity, knowledge of the game, dedication, etc.

Now I just wish they would use that same philosophy with receivers!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Sorry if he has already been discussed, but what do you guys think of Janarius Robinson from Florida State? He seems like a raw prospect, but he seems to have elite athletic ability that could translate into a better NFL career than college career.

I like him. That's a better range for picking rawer athletes too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I like him. That's a better range for picking rawer athletes too.
    I’m thinking 4th round. Robinson is the kind of player that the Ravens have successfully developed.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Sorry if he has already been discussed, but what do you guys think of Janarius Robinson from Florida State? He seems like a raw prospect, but he has good athletic ability, long arms, and heavy hands that could translate into a better NFL career than college career. He could be a good value pick in the fourth round.

Day three is a great time to take a flier on a better athlete than football player - ie Janarius Robinson - because there's no pressure for him to perform right away and he can be coached up.