Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 Edge Rankings - Raw projects galore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Thanks I have never seen this site, it's pretty awesome. Looked at 5 or 6 mocks from known sites and they all had a different guy at 27 (one had us trading down)
    Rwt, yes I've been looking at that site too. So many mocks, so little time (LOL).
    Anyway the #27 pick is all over the map, I don't see a strong single candidate unless a miracle occurs and a top-rated player falls that far, but I doubt it. So, I am tending to think that if we don't trade O. Brown, which seems more and more likely with every day that goes by, EDC might try to trade down if possible, and some team offers an acceptable swap... Bc

No first round worthy pass rushers is insane. Yes they all have warts but it’s a premium position and there are a number of guys who have immense talent. Paye, Ojulari, Phillips, and Rousseau are all easy first rounders imo.

Blog Entries

Kwity Paye reminds me of Shaq Barrett. He's sneaky quick with some inside moves. I'd be okay with Paye at the bottom of the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kwity Paye reminds me of Shaq Barrett. He's sneaky quick with some inside moves. I'd be okay with Paye at the bottom of the 2nd
    Lol he’s gonna go in the top 20 but good to know you’d be “okay” with him at 58

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That's because he's going to be overdrafted.

If Phillips clears medicals I take him in Rd 1. I would consider Paye and Ojulari at the bottom of Rd 1 - ie where the Ravens are drafting.

Ojulari in particular would be a good fit in Martindale's scheme, similar to a Tyus Bowser.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's because he's going to be overdrafted.

If Phillips clears medicals I take him in Rd 1. I would consider Paye and Ojulari at the bottom of Rd 1 - ie where the Ravens are drafting.

Ojulari in particular would be a good fit in Martindale's scheme, similar to a Tyus Bowser.
    I love Azeez Ojulari. It' def Phillips and him for me in first. Trade back if a WR or they are not available....

7. Re: 2021 Edge Rankings - Raw projects galore

No first round worthy pass rushers is insane. Yes they all have warts but it’s a premium position and there are a number of guys who have immense talent. Paye, Ojulari, Phillips, and Rousseau are all easy first rounders imo.
    To be fair I only have 3. I only mention Phillips and Ojulari in our territory because I think Paye will be gone even though he needs to work on his pass rush arsenal. Everything else about Paye to me says he'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    To be fair I only have 3. I only mention Phillips and Ojulari in our territory because I think Paye will be gone even though he needs to work on his pass rush arsenal. Everything else about Paye to me says he'll be gone.
    If either Phillips or Paye make it to Ravens, there's something terribly wrong with a lot of general managers. Paye should be gone around mid round where Fins pick at the latest and Phillips shouldn't get into 20s.
    I understand a rush at rhe top for QBs and pass catchers, but even after the best OLers are gone, top pass rushers should fly off the board like crazy.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Yup

I've actually seen him all over the place including the 3rd round in some mock drafts. He's one of a bunch of guys who teams seem to have real divergent opinions about. I bet we see less consensus picks past the top 15 than we ever have with the limited film on so many players.

I like Paye but I like Phillips for Ravens a lot more
    Last edited by GOTA; 04-02-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup

I've actually seen him all over the place including the 3rd round in some mock drafts. He's one of a bunch of guys who teams seem to have real divergent opinions about. I bet we see less consensus picks past the top 15 than we ever have with the limited film on so many players.

I like Paye but I like Phillips for Ravens a lot more
    Fair enough. And yeah, I prefer Phillips (and Ojulari) for the Ravens as well. But I wouldn’t be upset with Paye at 27 and he’d be an absolute home run at 58.

11. Re: 2021 Edge Rankings - Raw projects galore

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    If either Phillips or Paye make it to Ravens, there's something terribly wrong with a lot of general managers. Paye should be gone around mid round where Fins pick at the latest and Phillips shouldn't get into 20s.
    I understand a rush at rhe top for QBs and pass catchers, but even after the best OLers are gone, top pass rushers should fly off the board like crazy.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
    Hey, let's be honest about one thing. A lot of us presuppose that teams are good at drafting. We need to starting thinking the opposite. A lot of teams are not good at it for whatever reason. That's why we always have great players fall to us.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    I love Azeez Ojulari. It' def Phillips and him for me in first. Trade back if a WR or they are not available....
    Just don't expect double digit sacks from him - he'll be used with more versatility than that. Ojulari and Zaven Collins are two of the three guys in this draft that could replace Matt Judon as a SAM type -- the other being Joseph Ossai.

Which reminds me, I failed to mention Collins in Rd 1. He's listed as a LB but would play SAM for the Ravens. Thing is, we already have a SAM under contract for a while in Tyus Bowser. Do we spend a 1st round pick on a backup SAM? Or do we play in effect two SAMs like when both Judon and Bowser were out there?

Regarding Ojulari and Collins, I would prefer to trade back and see if they fall to early Rd 2. And one of them very well could.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 04-03-2021 at 12:18 PM.