Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This draft vs last year...

So I haven’t heard much talk about comparing this draft class vs last draft class, as a whole. I am kind of confused as to why. While I have heard this draft is a little less deep(beyond pick 100 or so), I haven’t heard as much talk As I expected about how much better the first round is... last year was a “historic” WR draft, and the top 3 guys are all better than anyone from last year: The top OT is much better, the top QB is much better the top TE is much better...

Are there any positions this isn’t the case?
    Chase Young for sure. All of the DL to be honest.
    Surtain vs Okudah?
    Parsons vs Simmons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonboy79; 04-01-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: This draft vs last year...

I think a lot of the talent in this draft is more depressed because of the Covid shortened season and opt outs and the Covid restrictions for scouting.

There are more unknowns and there is less opportunity for the scouting/draft media to develop consensus on prospects and the lack of consensus makes it seem like there is less talent.

I think the WR is just as good in quality and depth...i think the OT class is good OL as whole...and the the Edge rushers are deeper but there isn't a Chase Young
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I think a lot of the talent in this draft is more depressed because of the Covid shortened season and opt outs and the Covid restrictions for scouting.
    This 100%

I also think you will see a lot of teams play the safe picks when possible, not too many high risk/high reward picks
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

The top 5 picks are expected to be QBs. That's unprecedented. Even in Lamars year the 5 qbs taken in the first went from 1 to 32. It's that because it's a good QB class or there's just so many QB needy teams willing to trade up and move on sooner than years past.

I've read it's a good year for Tackles and lineman in general, which is great for us. Hopefully we get a lot of mid round steals, deepen that OL.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: This draft vs last year...

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    The top 5 picks are expected to be QBs. That's unprecedented. Even in Lamars year the 5 qbs taken in the first went from 1 to 32. It's that because it's a good QB class or there's just so many QB needy teams willing to trade up and move on sooner than years past.

I've read it's a good year for Tackles and lineman in general, which is great for us. Hopefully we get a lot of mid round steals, deepen that OL.
    If that's the case, and I hope it happens, then the dominoes will fall and push players down the draft. That is also great for us, especially picking @ #27... Bc

Good front offices and scouting staffs should really pay dividends this year for reasons already mentioned.. I think the draft is much deeper than people are giving it credit. Especially in Safety, CB, WR and Edge/OLB. Regarding QB’s, don’t be surprised to see Mond and Frank’s drafted in the 2nd round. I think Mond could go before the kid from Florida Trask.due to his mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So I haven’t heard much talk about comparing this draft class vs last draft class, as a whole. I am kind of confused as to why. While I have heard this draft is a little less deep(beyond pick 100 or so), I haven’t heard as much talk As I expected about how much better the first round is... last year was a “historic” WR draft, and the top 3 guys are all better than anyone from last year: The top OR is much better, the top QB is much better the top TE is much better...

Are there any positions this isn’t the case?
    Chase Young for sure. All of the DL to be honest.
    Surat in vs Okudah?
    Parsons vs Simmons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would definitely take Parsons over any ilb last year

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

This is a draft to trade back and pick up another 2nd or early third if possible. There are going to be a bunch of good picks available and adding another is worth it unless a top player on our board is at 27

Blog Entries

This will be among the most difficult drafts ever to evaluate. Expect teams to be vastly different in their evaluations. There is always a ton a criticism when guys not on Kiper's or these draft guys list go early or guys on the lists drop. We're going to see a lot of that this year. The consensus just isn't there for obvious reasons

If ever there was a draft to trade out of for a veteran player or future picks it's this one. That's why we're seeing a lot that happening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    This is a draft to trade back and pick up another 2nd or early third if possible. There are going to be a bunch of good picks available and adding another is worth it unless a top player on our board is at 27
    That's my view as well.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Not a big fan of Fields but seeing all this negative about work ethic and does he love the game, reminds me of Lamar's draft year. No idea where these rumors are coming from. I don't think he would have made it as far as he has if he didn't work hard at it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Good front offices and scouting staffs should really pay dividends this year for reasons already mentioned.
    Apparently scouts haven't been able to take advantage of their contacts and relationships to gather information at all this year, so it might be the case that the playing field is more level between the good scouting teams and the rest.