Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: This draft vs last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not a big fan of Fields but seeing all this negative about work ethic and does he love the game, reminds me of Lamar's draft year. No idea where these rumors are coming from. I don't think he would have made it as far as he has if he didn't work hard at it
    Fields ran a 4.45 40 at 227 with a 1.54 10 split.

That's not as good as Saquon Barkley, but better than Gus Edwards and Nick Chubb.

Barkley was 4.40 at 233 with a 1.54 10 split
    Gus Edwards was 4.53 at 229 with a 1.65 10 split
    Nick Chubb was 4.52 at 227 with a 1.62 10 split
    Taysom Hill was 4.46 at 225 with a 1.61 10 split

People are sitting there with the #2 pick and wondering whether a QB with crazy good pro day numbers, numbers that compare to big, good, running backs and Taysom Hill, and who only lost college games in the playoffs, either to Trevor Lawrence or Mac Jones, should be the #2 pick, or the guy who went 4-5 in 2019 and who beat up on teams like North Alabama, Massachusetts, Troy and Texas State should be the pick.

Fields should be the #2 pick.

2. Re: This draft vs last year...

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    This is a draft to trade back and pick up another 2nd or early third if possible. There are going to be a bunch of good picks available and adding another is worth it unless a top player on our board is at 27
    I'd want Oweh if he was still there at 27.

Other than that, trading down at the standard JJ rate, trading the 27 for 44+76 seems reasonable.

The Ravens need edge/OLB and, other than Oweh, they're all somewhat bunched together. That new 76 looks like possibly a good place to take Spencer Brown, if not at the end of the 2nd.

Jayson Oweh and Spencer Brown are both 10/10 RAS freak beasts, with potential positional versatility, potentially a lot of it.

Both Oweh and Spencer Brown could be out there, in the playoffs, playing TE or WR, 6'5 and 6'8, 10/10 athleticism, giving Lamar another choice in the end zone beyond Mark Andrews. Taking a DE and an OT, who both have nice youtubes of them catching TDs in high school, one TE, Spencer Brown, bigger than all TEs, faster than some TEs, quicker than most TEs, he can lead block for Lamar as he runs into the end zone, or he can catch a pass in the end zone, or at least be covered by someone so that Mark Andrews isn't triple covered, so that Mark Andrews can catch the TD instead of pick 6 and lose. Same thing with Oweh, he's about average/good size, the fastest TE, top 1% in jumps, top 10% in quickness.

The Ravens make the playoffs every year, they should continue to do so, biggest margin of victory in the NFL. On offense, they lost Snead and picked up Watkins, lost Skura and picked up Zeitler. Need to replace Dez Bryant and Chris Moore, presumably, but, for the most part it really doesn't matter who with, exactly.

The Ravens were fine in the regular season, but they lost in the playoffs. And that one pick 6 was the primary reason. You fix that problem by putting a whole bunch of big targets on the field. But you don't want to fill your roster with a set of big WR/TEs who are only out there for one play. So, you get those 10/10 RAS freakbeasts who play another position but have played TE before and you have them out there in that one situation, be tall and fast and quick and heavy and powerful and 10/10 physically while standing in the end zone catching a pass.

The other problem the Ravens had in the playoff loss was the oline was just getting overwhelmed, pushed back, by the Bills. This hurt both the run game and the pass game. And snap sailing over Lamar's head is something you don't want either. Zeitler was a good move, RG position improved. Still would want improve at Center.

Here's Spencer Brown playing Defensive End and Tight End in high school. He's a 10/10 RAS at Center, Guard, Tackle and Defensive Tackle. The Ravens could use him situationally on Defense. 10/10 RAS DT. 9.98 on the 3 Cone. 9.79 Broad jump. Great size, elite explosion, elite speed, elite agility - as a Defensive Tackle. So, I think the Ravens can put him in there at DT a few times.

This youtube starts with a short td pass thrown to Spencer Brown in the end zone, the ball was thrown high, he jumped and caught it, he was triple covered. There are a lot of sacks by him, a lot of batted passes leading to Ints, theres even a Tight End around run for a TD at the goal line. Spencer Brown is one you'd want out there on your goal line/red zone/short yardage offense. Back then, assuredly he was a much better athlete, man among boys kind of thing. Today, he's 10/10 athleticism. You could say that he could only do those things then because he was much better. But, today, he's 10/10. I'm saying that he could do that today. Did he forget how to do that? Things like what he was doing there, catching TD passes while triple covered, that's exactly what the Ravens needed, the only time they really needed anything last year. The Ravens fo could, theoretically, look at massive giant high schooler catching high pass while triple covered, a guy who is now 10/10 RAS at 4 positions, and say "I want that guy, he fixes the one bad play in the only meaningful loss, and he also strengthens the oline, which was a continuous problem all game."

I personally don't have any strong desire to get some player who is pretty similar to other players, even if those players are good. If the Ravens wanted to spend the money, they could get Clowney right now. He's close to top of the line, physically. I'm one who is willing to overpay for rare players. 10/10 RAS at a number of positions. Both Jayson Oweh and Spencer Brown are 10/10 RAS at at least 4 positions, and they both are tall and they both caught passes in high school and they both could help fix the only single major problem the Ravens had in their playoff loss, and in the same game could play their normal position. Top athletes with positional versatility, especially with the positional versatility showing the defense something they've never really faced before because that thing never existed before. 6'9 311 pound TE with a 6.96 3 cone? That 3 cone would be 7.26 RAS - for a Strong Safety. 8.94 RAS for a Tight End.

Both of those guys are potentially hero/stars. Some other guy might be able to contribute better week 1 at the position they've been playing since Pop Warner.

Re: This draft vs last year...

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I'd want Oweh if he was still there at 27.

Other than that, trading down at the standard JJ rate, trading the 27 for 44+76 seems reasonable.

The Ravens need edge/OLB and, other than Oweh, they're all somewhat bunched together. That new 76 looks like possibly a good place to take Spencer Brown, if not at the end of the 2nd.

Jayson Oweh and Spencer Brown are both 10/10 RAS freak beasts, with potential positional versatility, potentially a lot of it.

Both Oweh and Spencer Brown could be out there, in the playoffs, playing TE or WR, 6'5 and 6'8, 10/10 athleticism, giving Lamar another choice in the end zone beyond Mark Andrews. Taking a DE and an OT, who both have nice youtubes of them catching TDs in high school, one TE, Spencer Brown, bigger than all TEs, faster than some TEs, quicker than most TEs, he can lead block for Lamar as he runs into the end zone, or he can catch a pass in the end zone, or at least be covered by someone so that Mark Andrews isn't triple covered, so that Mark Andrews can catch the TD instead of pick 6 and lose. Same thing with Oweh, he's about average/good size, the fastest TE, top 1% in jumps, top 10% in quickness.

The Ravens make the playoffs every year, they should continue to do so, biggest margin of victory in the NFL. On offense, they lost Snead and picked up Watkins, lost Skura and picked up Zeitler. Need to replace Dez Bryant and Chris Moore, presumably, but, for the most part it really doesn't matter who with, exactly.

The Ravens were fine in the regular season, but they lost in the playoffs. And that one pick 6 was the primary reason. You fix that problem by putting a whole bunch of big targets on the field. But you don't want to fill your roster with a set of big WR/TEs who are only out there for one play. So, you get those 10/10 RAS freakbeasts who play another position but have played TE before and you have them out there in that one situation, be tall and fast and quick and heavy and powerful and 10/10 physically while standing in the end zone catching a pass.

The other problem the Ravens had in the playoff loss was the oline was just getting overwhelmed, pushed back, by the Bills. This hurt both the run game and the pass game. And snap sailing over Lamar's head is something you don't want either. Zeitler was a good move, RG position improved. Still would want improve at Center.

Here's Spencer Brown playing Defensive End and Tight End in high school. He's a 10/10 RAS at Center, Guard, Tackle and Defensive Tackle. The Ravens could use him situationally on Defense. 10/10 RAS DT. 9.98 on the 3 Cone. 9.79 Broad jump. Great size, elite explosion, elite speed, elite agility - as a Defensive Tackle. So, I think the Ravens can put him in there at DT a few times.

This youtube starts with a short td pass thrown to Spencer Brown in the end zone, the ball was thrown high, he jumped and caught it, he was triple covered. There are a lot of sacks by him, a lot of batted passes leading to Ints, theres even a Tight End around run for a TD at the goal line. Spencer Brown is one you'd want out there on your goal line/red zone/short yardage offense. Back then, assuredly he was a much better athlete, man among boys kind of thing. Today, he's 10/10 athleticism. You could say that he could only do those things then because he was much better. But, today, he's 10/10. I'm saying that he could do that today. Did he forget how to do that? Things like what he was doing there, catching TD passes while triple covered, that's exactly what the Ravens needed, the only time they really needed anything last year. The Ravens fo could, theoretically, look at massive giant high schooler catching high pass while triple covered, a guy who is now 10/10 RAS at 4 positions, and say "I want that guy, he fixes the one bad play in the only meaningful loss, and he also strengthens the oline, which was a continuous problem all game."

I personally don't have any strong desire to get some player who is pretty similar to other players, even if those players are good. If the Ravens wanted to spend the money, they could get Clowney right now. He's close to top of the line, physically. I'm one who is willing to overpay for rare players. 10/10 RAS at a number of positions. Both Jayson Oweh and Spencer Brown are 10/10 RAS at at least 4 positions, and they both are tall and they both caught passes in high school and they both could help fix the only single major problem the Ravens had in their playoff loss, and in the same game could play their normal position. Top athletes with positional versatility, especially with the positional versatility showing the defense something they've never really faced before because that thing never existed before. 6'9 311 pound TE with a 6.96 3 cone? That 3 cone would be 7.26 RAS - for a Strong Safety. 8.94 RAS for a Tight End.

Both of those guys are potentially hero/stars. Some other guy might be able to contribute better week 1 at the position they've been playing since Pop Warner.
    I remember when you first posted and we thought your name was sketchy and hiding something. Great post.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Fields ran a 4.45 40 at 227 with a 1.54 10 split.

That's not as good as Saquon Barkley, but better than Gus Edwards and Nick Chubb.

Barkley was 4.40 at 233 with a 1.54 10 split
    Gus Edwards was 4.53 at 229 with a 1.65 10 split
    Nick Chubb was 4.52 at 227 with a 1.62 10 split
    Taysom Hill was 4.46 at 225 with a 1.61 10 split

People are sitting there with the #2 pick and wondering whether a QB with crazy good pro day numbers, numbers that compare to big, good, running backs and Taysom Hill, and who only lost college games in the playoffs, either to Trevor Lawrence or Mac Jones, should be the #2 pick, or the guy who went 4-5 in 2019 and who beat up on teams like North Alabama, Massachusetts, Troy and Texas State should be the pick.

Fields should be the #2 pick.
    I know everyone is doing it but it's not a good comparison to show staged pro days vs the combine

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I know everyone is doing it but it's not a good comparison to show staged pro days vs the combine
    It’s just fake hype. The 40s are completely worthless. There is no way any team is taking them seriously

EDC said the Ravens have 200 draftable guys on their board, so it sounds like average depth for an entire class.

Positional groups

QB) 2021, but not by much. I am seeing too much hype.
    WR) 2020. I know people are slobbering over the top WRs this draft, but I don't think it's as deep and certainly not as tall.
    RB) 2020 by a good margin, though Harris might be better than any single RB from last draft.
    TE) 2021, and only because of Pitts. Neither class that deep.
    OT) 2021. Last draft had some studs at the top but this class is so much deeper.
    IOL) 2021. Last draft had some good guard prospects but this one pulls away at center.
    DL) 2020, not even close.
    EDGE) 2020, and only because of Young. Counter to 2021 and TE class.
    LB) 2020 by a good margin.
    CB) Would have to call it about even; though six CBs went in round one in 2020, several of them were surprises.
    S) Again about even. No first round picks at S in 2020 but a couple were woefully underdrafted (Winfield, Blackmon)

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This 100%

I also think you will see a lot of teams play the safe picks when possible, not too many high risk/high reward picks
    Agree. I expect a cheapskate like Mike Brown who doesn't invest in scouting will gravitate to the big schools only in this Covid season. I am hoping EDC is able to find some small school gems like Lardarius Webb, Brandon Williams, Matt Judon and get them later than usual, or even as UDFAs.

I just hope we don't glom onto JAGs from the Senior Bowl.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    IOL) 2021. Last draft had some good guard prospects but this one pulls away at center.

I think a lot of teams want to trade back for extra picks. I think you just see if your board is in good shape when your turn is near. If all your first round choices are gone then try to trade back. Most times the groundwork is done a day or more before the draft. You feel out teams to both go up or back. Either option could work. If we have five first round graded players and a team below us wants to move up it makes sense to pickup an extra mid or second round pick. Or if we decide our center / wr /rush lb is going to be gone we might move up two or three spots. Work your board.