Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Another example of the left putting politics over human life

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Personally, I think everyone has a right to be suspicious of government initiatives- particularly when it comes to medicines and vaccines. The skepticism is totally justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you getting the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I would, only because they took her cells unbeknownst to her. That's where the fear comes from - that medical providers, who take an oath to heal are doing the exact opposite and/or are not forthcoming about your diagnosis.

That's where the paranoia stems - it's not a dem/repub thing - it's ALL government. Government that sanctioned the Tuskegee experiment and God knows what else. I remember growing up in Baltimore City being told as a child not to ever get caught near Johns Hopkins alone after dark. Because they did experiments on Black people. Seems ridiculous now, but the fear was real then. Goes to show how urban legends get started.

There's a very good book out there titled "Medical Apartheid". Very interesting read.
    The only counter argument is that Johns Hopkins was taking everybody's cells that came in with cancer. Waivers are required now, thankfully.

My most disturbing story about government not caring about human life is that story a while back about the school somewhere around Pittsburgh being built on a toxic waste dump. Everybody got all up in arms about the evil company selling the land they knew would be for a school, blah, blah, blah. Turns out the government threatened to use Eminent Domain to take the land by force because the company was flat out refusing to sell the land because they knew a school would be put there. They wound up selling it to the government for a dollar with the stipulation that no building anybody would ever be near would be placed on the land. Of course, the government builds the school and in a moment of what shouldn't surprise any of us, allowed the company to be sued by the families of the students who inevitably suffered numerous medical issues, including cancer.

EDIT: It wasn't near Pittsburgh, it was in Love Canal, a neighborhood of Niagara Falls.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The only counter argument is that Johns Hopkins was taking everybody's cells that came in with cancer. Waivers are required now, thankfully.

My most disturbing story about government not caring about human life is that story a while back about the school somewhere around Pittsburgh being built on a toxic waste dump. Everybody got all up in arms about the evil company selling the land they knew would be for a school, blah, blah, blah. Turns out the government threatened to use Eminent Domain to take the land by force because the company was flat out refusing to sell the land because they knew a school would be put there. They wound up selling it to the government for a dollar with the stipulation that no building anybody would ever be near would be placed on the land. Of course, the government builds the school and in a moment of what shouldn't surprise any of us, allowed the company to be sued by the families of the students who inevitably suffered numerous medical issues, including cancer.

EDIT: It wasn't near Pittsburgh, it was in Love Canal, a neighborhood of Niagara Falls.
    I remember a story about Love Canal being aired on 20/20 way back in the late '70's/early '80's. They were dumping barrels of toxic waste there for years and everybody knew about it, no one cared.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Are you getting the vaccine?
    None of your damn business Terps. ;)

Honestly...I dont know. I'm 38 and in good shape. My blood type is B-, which is not as susceptible to COVID-19 as other blood types such as A (this has been studied).

I would probably lean towards no, but my concern is the crazy-azzed government thinking about implementing some sort of social vaccine passport thing? That is more concerning to me than the vaccine.

FTR - My wife (same age and in better shape than I am) received the vaccine back in February. She works at the NIH and works on vaccine development, so I get first hand SME opinions on vaccines, etc. Everyone at the NIH received the vaccine. She felt like crap for about 24-hrs after the first and second doses, but she has been fine since.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    None of your damn business Terps. ;)

Honestly...I dont know. I'm 38 and in good shape. My blood type is B-, which is not as susceptible to COVID-19 as other blood types such as A (this has been studied).

I would probably lean towards no, but my concern is the crazy-azzed government thinking about implementing some sort of social vaccine passport thing? That is more concerning to me than the vaccine.

FTR - My wife (same age and in better shape than I am) received the vaccine back in February. She works at the NIH and works on vaccine development, so I get first hand SME opinions on vaccines, etc. Everyone at the NIH received the vaccine. She felt like crap for about 24-hrs after the first and second doses, but she has been fine since.
    My fear is that at 56 and in damn good health, the vaccine somehow messes me up and I'm on medication for the rest of my life. Might be paranoia, but I dunno. My wife and I are on the fence, tbh.

I have been going into the office at my job since this thing started. I interact with roughly 30 - 40 different people on a daily basis. Add to that another 10 people at my gym. I have been fortunate so far not (to my knowledge) contract the virus.

Blog Entries

My fear is that at 56 and in damn good health, the vaccine somehow messes me up and I'm on medication for the rest of my life. Might be paranoia, but I dunno. My wife and I are on the fence, tbh.

I have been going into the office at my job since this thing started. I interact with roughly 30 - 40 different people on a daily basis. Add to that another 10 people at my gym. I have been fortunate so far not (to my knowledge) contract the virus.
    I definitely understand.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The crazy part is that since 90% never show symptoms, we dont know if we have had it. I am similar to you. Close in age, similar interactions with similar number of people. My son plays on two lacrosse teams and he has played 50 games this past year from teams all over the country. I feel like if this virus is as contagious as they say, my family should have gotten this by now.

My wife got it in feb and has been fine. I haven’t even thought about getting it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The crazy part is that since 90% never show symptoms, we dont know if we have had it. I am similar to you. Close in age, similar interactions with similar number of people. My son plays on two lacrosse teams and he has played 50 games this past year from teams all over the country. I feel like if this virus is as contagious as they say, my family should have gotten this by now.

My wife got it in feb and has been fine. I haven’t even thought about getting it.
    A co-worker of mine took a trip with his wife to visit his in laws in January. The last night of the visit, a friend of the father in law visited the home where they stayed. He was 83 years old, positive for COVID although no one knew at the time. My friends father in law felt sick the next day, went to the hospital and tested positive. My co-worker then went to get the test along with his wife and they both tested positive as well. The Father-in law died after 6 days in the hospital. My co-worker's wife got so sick she was bed ridden for 10 days. My co-worker barely had any symptoms.

Blog Entries

I am not taking any vaccines for the simple fact that I don't trust that it will do anything to get my old life back. I am not gonna be some bitch that tries to grab the dangling carrot of fake freedom from the wanker that looks like a clown

Blog Entries

The government poses my risk to me as a 29 year old ex soldier than covid. I fear my my children's future in the UK. I am actually considering moving to another country, that's how bad it is here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I am not taking any vaccines for the simple fact that I don't trust that it will do anything to get my old life back. I am not gonna be some bitch that tries to grab the dangling carrot of fake freedom from the wanker that looks like a clown
    Had my annual physical last week. My doctor pushed the vaccine so hard that it bordered on harassment (after I told him I hadn't received the vaccine). His exact quote was, "You don't want to be the last soldier shot on the battlefield." Now this is the same doctor who used to badger me incessantly to take the flu shot, and I refused every year. So last week after about 5 minutes of back and forth, I asked, "Not pushing the flu shot this year, huh?" He got quiet afterwards.

Blog Entries

Had my annual physical last week. My doctor pushed the vaccine so hard that it bordered on harassment (after I told him I hadn't received the vaccine). His exact quote was, "You don't want to be the last soldier shot on the battlefield." Now this is the same doctor who used to badger me incessantly to take the flu shot, and I refused every year. So last week after about 5 minutes of back and forth, I asked, "Not pushing the flu shot this year, huh?" He got quiet afterwards.
    These are the kind of freaks that are running the asylum right now....