Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Any black women on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The minute you try to ascribe a certain behavior to a particular group to the exclusion of all other groups in the absence of context the premise is flawed.
    Actually, we presented data that was consistent with numerous studies

The minute you try to ascribe a certain behavior to a particular group to the exclusion of all other groups in the absence of context the premise is flawed.
    What about personal experiences? Again I can give you many examples of behavior that isn’t common for anyone other than black people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Err... uhmmm isn't that exactly what Critical Race Theory does?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

If you think the Republican party is coming to save you, you will be sorely disappointed.
    That's where you make mistakes. We don't want ANY party to come "save" us. We want the government to stay out of the way so everybody can get on with their lives.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    That's where you make mistakes. We don't want ANY party to come "save" us. We want the government to stay out of the way so everybody can get on with their lives.

Except when its baby boomers, then its ok

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    What about personal experiences? Again I can give you many examples of behavior that isn’t common for anyone other than black people.

Personal anecdotes are exactly the type of thing that leftists use as evidence of something they dislike.

Example - "One time a guy got a job I applied for - this is proof of gender inequity and inequality."

^Maybe the hiring manager is a chauvenistic douche bag? Or, maybe, the guy is just better qualified for the job? Or maybe the guy asked for less money? Who knows. However, the point I'm making is that personal experiences and anecdotes may allow us to shape our view of the world, but it isn't something that you can use to make accurate sweeping assessments of really anything. It's certainly not something that you can use to make public policy, which is unfortunately what I see a lot of the Left wanting to do these days.

Personally, I have seen assholes in all shapes and colors taking up two parking spaces, being dicks in stores, driving like jerks, and so on. Being a disrespectful POS isn't bound by race or gender.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    You and Terps are both right, IMO.

Those that thing the GOP is somehow better than the Left aren't being completely honest because it's been a fairly even split in congress for a long time and there have been a fair amount of GOP-dominated administrations, yet we are still having the same arguments and same issues.

I have said it and I know a few others have also said it on this forum, but politicians are really all the same. As George Carlin said "It's a big club, and we ain't in it."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You and Terps are both right, IMO.

Those that thing the GOP is somehow better than the Left aren't being completely honest because it's been a fairly even split in congress for a long time and there have been a fair amount of GOP-dominated administrations, yet we are still having the same arguments and same issues.

I have said it and I know a few others have also said it on this forum, but politicians are really all the same. As George Carlin said "It's a big club, and we ain't in it."

That routine should be played in every high school at graduation. Cussing and all.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Personal anecdotes are exactly the type of thing that leftists use as evidence of something they dislike.

Example - "One time a guy got a job I applied for - this is proof of gender inequity and inequality."

^Maybe the hiring manager is a chauvenistic douche bag? Or, maybe, the guy is just better qualified for the job? Or maybe the guy asked for less money? Who knows. However, the point I'm making is that personal experiences and anecdotes may allow us to shape our view of the world, but it isn't something that you can use to make accurate sweeping assessments of really anything. It's certainly not something that you can use to make public policy, which is unfortunately what I see a lot of the Left wanting to do these days.

Personally, I have seen assholes in all shapes and colors taking up two parking spaces, being dicks in stores, driving like jerks, and so on. Being a disrespectful POS isn't bound by race or gender.
    But this thread was started on a question that was seen about a general group. I’ve too seen assholes in all sizes, shapes, colors and wealth.
    I don’t get all wrapped up in the political party stuff. For me it’s pretty cut and dry with what’s IVE seen that until they come together black and white will always be at odds.
    I can go anywhere and get along with anyone but the moment I bring up race and generalize it’s I’m being a racist but the moment a black man/woman does it I have to hear how they’re victims in America have no rights or privilege and they are hunted by the white man for the sole reason that they are black.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

And you've sampled a cross section of all of humanity to determine this?

Blog Entries

Or how about anyone who takes the time to think rationally?

I agree with this post, btw.