Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Australia has no virus in all the states, except Queensland. Queensland are currently in a 3 day lockdown to identify ALL carriers (10 so far) and isolate them. This will be the eighth recent short term lockdown in an Australian State. Each time it was to eliminate the virus. Once this outbreak is contained, the virus will be eliminated in Australia again.
    Previously the virus rate got to 700/day in Melbourne and they did a few month lockdown to get it to 0.

75,000 people attend football games, grandparents visit grandkids, life is almost back to pre-covid.

Sweden tried isolating the at risk population and it didn’t work, as asymptomatic people spread the virus to the vulnerable.
    Sweden had the 23rd lowest annual excess deaths out of 30 European countries, including France, Spain and the UK. So in contrast to that last line there, it DID work. In doing so they mitigated unemployment mortality figures which I've repeatedly stated is 40k/1% U3 increase.

Sweden did this correctly. It's the authoritarians who will have a hard time admitting so for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    99% of the people I saw in restaraunts - and not those just seated - were maskless. Some places had the obligatory mask requirements sign on the door that was summarily ignored.

This was Panama City Beach.
    We were in the ft Myers area. Any store we were in everyone was masked. Restaurants no one seated had masks obviously. A few indoor diners, but most were on the patio areas.

Orlando area when we were up there a weekend was less masked. Oddly enough we drove down and the place with the least people in masks as a percentage seemed to be Virginia, which surprised me because I expected it to decrease as I got further south.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    Sweden had the 23rd lowest annual excess deaths out of 30 European countries, including France, Spain and the UK. So in contrast to that last line there, it DID work. In doing so they mitigated unemployment mortality figures which I've repeatedly stated is 40k/1% U3 increase.

Sweden did this correctly. It's the authoritarians who will have a hard time admitting so for obvious reasons.
    IF you read recent interviews from the Swedish leaders, they regret their approach.... Why do you think they regret it IF as you say it was the right response?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    IF you read recent interviews from the Swedish leaders, they regret their approach.... Why do you think they regret it IF as you say it was the right response?
    Maybe because they see the power other dictators have obtained while using the virus as cover