Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 52
  1. #25

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Lockdowns worked in countries with either high trust in government OR who had been exposed to multiple similar diseases like Covid. The countries populations adhered to lockdowns and quarantines. Americans have one of the lowest trusts in government for a democratic style government. Democrats didn’t trust a Trump government. Republicans never trust the government, as that is a given.

    Lockdowns worked in some countries just not in the US.
    The entire event was an exercise in propaganda, self-fulfilling prophecy, data manipulation, and mass psychosis.

    What "worked" or didn't is undecipherable.





  2. #26

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    The entire event was an exercise in propaganda, self-fulfilling prophecy, data manipulation, and mass psychosis.

    What "worked" or didn't is undecipherable.
    I think with little means is that in countries where the gov was able to scare the hell out of citizens, those citizens were too scared to act out.

    But I am still trying to understand which’s countries he is talking about.





  3. #27

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I think with little means is that in countries where the gov was able to scare the hell out of citizens, those citizens were too scared to act out.

    But I am still trying to understand which’s countries he is talking about.
    New Zealand, and other island nations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK 🇬🇧
    Posts
    14,324
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Lockdowns worked in countries with either high trust in government OR who had been exposed to multiple similar diseases like Covid. The countries populations adhered to lockdowns and quarantines. Americans have one of the lowest trusts in government for a democratic style government. Democrats didn’t trust a Trump government. Republicans never trust the government, as that is a given.

    Lockdowns worked in some countries just not in the US.
    Which countries did lockdown work for?

    New Zealand are a tiny Island in the ass end of no where. Australia has a land mass the same size as the USA but with less than half the population of the UK. China is China.... lockdowns were a disaster for everyone else.





  5. #29

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    New Zealand, and other island nations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahh. The island nations that used nationalism and racism to lock everyone out? Makes sense that little is using those as examples.





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK 🇬🇧
    Posts
    14,324
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Australia had a short national lockdown. After that, only the state of Victoria have had extreme lockdowns, after only a few hundred reported cases. The state of Victoria went full on nazi/soviet Union over a tiny amount of covid. Queensland took a similar approach to Florida and have basically had no cases.

    You have not provided any evidence that lockdowns work. All you have is theories, and trust in the government that imposed them. I think for someone to continue to support lockdowns means that inside you have always craved a bit of authoritarianism. Like I said earlier, if you tried to lock society down even in the 90s or 80s over a pathogen, you probably would have had huge civil unrest.





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK 🇬🇧
    Posts
    14,324
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Ahh. The island nations that used nationalism and racism to lock everyone out? Makes sense that little is using those as examples.
    NZ has a champaigne socialist populist prime minister educated in London who knows how to get the mass on her side. NZ used to punch above its weight with a free market economy but Mary Poppins in NZ is trying her best to ruin it and turn it into a socialist utopia





  8. #32

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    I'm a bit surprised the Baltimore Ravens forum has pretty much zero democrats defending the president. Curiosity struck me so I visited the buccaneers forum and they still defend Biden. Strange.





  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK 🇬🇧
    Posts
    14,324
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    I'm a bit surprised the Baltimore Ravens forum has pretty much zero democrats defending the president. Curiosity struck me so I visited the buccaneers forum and they still defend Biden. Strange.
    That is quite odd. You'd expect the Bucs fanbase to be all in on freedom with their governor





  10. #34

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    I'm a bit surprised the Baltimore Ravens forum has pretty much zero democrats defending the president. Curiosity struck me so I visited the buccaneers forum and they still defend Biden. Strange.
    How are they defending biden???





  11. #35

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    How are they defending biden???
    Well a google search and a few clicks I see a thread bringing up past Trump "racism", thread #2 is anti-Biden but first reply is pointing out how Trump would pick on his favorite news outlets, then a 20 minute John Oliver video being suggested. That's as deep as I want to go. On first glance more pro Biden over there than here.





  12. #36

    Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Well a google search and a few clicks I see a thread bringing up past Trump "racism", thread #2 is anti-Biden but first reply is pointing out how Trump would pick on his favorite news outlets, then a 20 minute John Oliver video being suggested. That's as deep as I want to go. On first glance more pro Biden over there than here.
    I want to check it out. Can you give a link to their forum





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site