Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

Just want to get my fellow rsr posters views on this topic that I am getting increasingly concerned about here in the UK. I know that many states in America have taken different approaches to lockdowns and how they dealt with the pandemic. In the UK we have probably had stricter lockdowns than Califournia/NY to put it into perspective. We have vaccinated almost 30 million people (which is nearly half our population) and had 17 deaths from covid 19 yesterday. Yet we are still in a harsh lockdown, and the earliest date to getting any significant freedoms back is late June (at the earliest). Our politicians want to extend the covid laws to October as well which is really suspect to me.

The most worrying thing to me is how supportive the British people have been for these measures. I actually did support the first lockdown because I had no idea about what we were actually dealing with... and it has been a terrible disease that has killed many people, I know a few who have died from it. But what I am now more concerned about going forward is a new authoritarian society where people think its normal to be paid to stay at home instead of going out to be productive. It is also illegal for us to even leave the country without an essential reason, we get fined £5000 for even going to the airport.

I have put up with this for the past 12 months, and followed the rules, but I am starting to lose hope that we will ever be getting back to normal.

Re: Views on lockdowns, increasing authoritarianism and collectivism

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just want to get my fellow rsr posters views on this topic that I am getting increasingly concerned about here in the UK. I know that many states in America have taken different approaches to lockdowns and how they dealt with the pandemic. In the UK we have probably had stricter lockdowns than Califournia/NY to put it into perspective. We have vaccinated almost 30 million people (which is nearly half our population) and had 17 deaths from covid 19 yesterday. Yet we are still in a harsh lockdown, and the earliest date to getting any significant freedoms back is late June (at the earliest). Our politicians want to extend the covid laws to October as well which is really suspect to me.

The most worrying thing to me is how supportive the British people have been for these measures. I actually did support the first lockdown because I had no idea about what we were actually dealing with... and it has been a terrible disease that has killed many people, I know a few who have died from it. But what I am now more concerned about going forward is a new authoritarian society where people think its normal to be paid to stay at home instead of going out to be productive. It is also illegal for us to even leave the country without an essential reason, we get fined £5000 for even going to the airport.

I have put up with this for the past 12 months, and followed the rules, but I am starting to lose hope that we will ever be getting back to normal.
    And yet, The UK is among the worst on the planet for Deaths/1 million population.
    Lock downs don’t work, haven’t worked and if anything actually make things worse. They congest people into the same few places we are allowed to go.
    The reaction to this virus has always been nothing but a training exercise in control on a global scale. This is the time we are going to look back on in our wheelchair, incontinent years as when we gave away our freedom and became subservient as a populace. Some of us are giving it away kicking and screaming but most are blindly following and some are begging for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And yet, The UK is among the worst on the planet for Deaths/1 million population.
    Lock downs don’t work, haven’t worked and if anything actually make things worse. They congest people into the same few places we are allowed to go.
    The reaction to this virus has always been nothing but a training exercise in control on a global scale. This is the time we are going to look back on in our wheelchair, incontinent years as when we gave away our freedom and became subservient as a populace. Some of us are giving it away kicking and screaming but most are blindly following and some are begging for it.

Agreed with all of the above. It is really worrying how much support there is for these measures here. I am actually more worried about the people than the actual government!

Agreed with all of the above. It is really worrying how much support there is for these measures here. I am actually more worried about the people than the actual government!
    100% agreed. I expect the government to abuse its power and exert its corruption. I also expected people to call them on it and fight back. This is pathetic.

Big govt types are using covid to expand govt. expand what they can control and expand programs and spending. It's a goldeb opportunity for them to take askuch control as they can hidden under the banner of doing it for safety and your own good

Blog Entries

Feigned Altruism
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Feigned Altruism
    I honestly thought people would have had enough by now

Imagine trying to lockdown back in the 50s and 60s... people would have gone insane over it and dethroned the government. The society we live in today has been indoctrinated over the past couple of decades into really believing in this kind of madness

Blog Entries

I honestly thought people would have had enough by now

Imagine trying to lockdown back in the 50s and 60s... people would have gone insane over it and dethroned the government. The society we live in today has been indoctrinated over the past couple of decades into really believing in this kind of madness
    That’s because people thought for themselves. Now the most common thing you hear is “google X”, and when you do... stuff like this happens

https://gab.com/a/posts/105930706604845312

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Big govt types are using covid to expand govt. expand what they can control and expand programs and spending. It's a goldeb opportunity for them to take askuch control as they can hidden under the banner of doing it for safety and your own good
    Feigned Altruism
    100% agreed. I expect the government to abuse its power and exert its corruption. I also expected people to call them on it and fight back. This is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That’s because people thought for themselves. Now the most common thing you hear is “google X”, and when you do... stuff like this happens

Exactly, people could think for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

It is scary to think that most liberals want this to happen here in the states.

What was that movie a few years ago about everyone living in a virtual life. Most liberals are miserable, and they want everyone to either be miserable with them, or they think everything will be better in a virtual world

I still can’t get over how thoroughly it’s been shown that lockdowns don’t work. The more locked down a place is the worse the spread has been. When Walmart is the only place one is legally able to shop, then Walmart becomes the Superspreader facility. Limiting options and windows in which one can acquire necessities only exacerbates the situation, it should have been plain as day before this all started.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Feigned Altruism

I still can’t get over how thoroughly it’s been shown that lockdowns don’t work. The more locked down a place is the worse the spread has been. When Walmart is the only place one is legally able to shop, then Walmart becomes the Superspreader facility. Limiting options and windows in which one can acquire necessities only exacerbates the situation, it should have been plain as day before this all started.

One of the reasons people support them is because of stimulus packages and government bribes. The inflation caused by central banks brings short term comforts. I guess its like a drug. Hopefully when the harsh economic realities from all this stimulus comes to the forefront, people will hopefully see the light and reject lockdowns in the future.