Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Terry is very” Boom or Bust”. He’s tall and has sticky hands but he’s slightly built. The best thing is he’s played with terrible QB play at FSU so he may have Huge upside in a good system with a quality QB.

Don’t know anything about Grimes. Don’t watch the enemy play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

2. Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I like these ranking cause they put Bateman and Marshall right in the Ravens range. I hope you're right.
    Actually they might not. If we use last year as a measure, 5 WRs were taken by the time the Vikings got on the board at 22 and they took JJ there. I expect something similar this year. And 3 QBs were taken by that point as well. I'd say this year it'll be 4 QBs before 27, maybe 5 WRs.

I will say Dyami Brown is climbing my board. He's starting to become the WR I'd pound my fist on the table for. I actually re-watched him this morning and I have him ahead of Bateman and Marshall right now. I'd be happy with either of them, but I think Brown is the most polished in his route running and he's just really special down the field.

3. Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It is true - Toney is more of a slot guy. However, I'm very intrigued by him. He's raw, but man...he's like a human joystick on the field with the ball in his hands.
    I kinda disagree with Toney as characterized as only a slot guy. Toney is a jacknife/weapon that you can move all over the place. Initially I wanted him, I'm not saying I would pass on him because he's kinda rare talent. But right now, I'm on the Dyami Brown wagon. The Forgotten One.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    pretty sure you just copied Walterfootball, who I like too

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021WR.php
    The rankings I made aren't even close... WHAT

Do you know what the word copied means!?

We have 3/10 of the same rankings and it's 1, 2, 3... you know THE CONSENSUS top 3 WR's

I literally explained how I grade in the OP as well, this is just such a weird comment to make when they aren't even remotely similar...

5. Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I do wonder if Bateman is getting overrated because everyone kind of slept on Tyler Johnson. Both Bateman and Johnson were incredibly effective in college. No one seemed to treat Johnson like a serious prospect and he went in the 5th round after 2 great seasons where he caught 25 TDs. The book was that it was a gimmick offense and Johnson wasn't that good in last years draft rankings. Now after only a couple of games played in 2020 Bateman is being looked at completely differently.

What changed? They only played 7 games and Bateman wasn't catching those deep bombs that he did in 19. It's almost like a reevaluation of the 19 season as opposed to anything that Bateman did in 20. I don't watch much Big 10 so I've only seen the highlights but I really don't get the new view of Bateman and wonder if Johnson had come out this year would he also be considered a late 1st or early 2nd round pick
    I went back and looked at 2020 and I don't think he's being overrated at all. I initially thought that maybe that could be it, but when you look at how teams defended him, that's respect. teams defended him differently. If a defensive coordinator is willing to alter his defensive structure to defend one guy the way some teams did with Bateman in 2020, then that tells me he's good. Any time a defensive coordinator is taking two of his players and stacking them over 1 offensive player, that offensive player is good. I'll leave it at that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Terry is very” Boom or Bust”. He’s tall and has sticky hands but he’s slightly built. The best thing is he’s played with terrible QB play at FSU so he may have Huge upside in a good system with a quality QB.

Don’t know anything about Grimes. Don’t watch the enemy play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grimes is huge. He almost looks like Darren Waller. Grimes is the guy who gets targets on 3rd downs but Toney was the bread and butter receiver in that offense. Grimes is a project and is going to have a tough time in the NFL where he can't just rely on his size.

Devonta Smith has the potential to slide a bit. Weighed in at 170lbs at his pro day.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

8. Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Devonta Smith has the potential to slide a bit. Weighed in at 170lbs at his pro day.

And for his sake, hopefully this is not being generous.

Blog Entries

What was his height?

5'11" 170lbs is a lot different than 6'1" 170lbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't know what to think. I mean the kid can play....no doubt. I am bothered that he couldn't put on weight for his proday especially since he wasn't doing any workouts. I know a lot of dudes take the time between the season ends and proday to cycle HGH.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I went back and looked at 2020 and I don't think he's being overrated at all. I initially thought that maybe that could be it, but when you look at how teams defended him, that's respect. teams defended him differently. If a defensive coordinator is willing to alter his defensive structure to defend one guy the way some teams did with Bateman in 2020, then that tells me he's good. Any time a defensive coordinator is taking two of his players and stacking them over 1 offensive player, that offensive player is good. I'll leave it at that.
    In 2020 Bateman was really the only receiving threat on the team. He also took over Johnson's spot in slot for most snaps instead at the X like he did in 19. That could be why defenses approached him differently. As I said, I only watched the highlights so I don't know. It sure doesn't look like there is anyone on that team worth focusing on in 20 besides Bateman unlike 19. However Bateman certainly make spectacular looking circus type catches and can really make you go 'wow'.

The other guy who everyone is talking about for the same spot, Terrence Marshall, I have seen a lot of. The biggest issue with Marshall is that he's not nearly as good as the other recent LSU WR prospects in Chase and Jefferson. Those guys were a lot more polished coming out. For all his size Marshall is a finesse player. He's not Devante Adams who is going to push right through you. Marshall is somewhere between Josh Doctson and Michael Thomas. He's long and lean and can catch anything close and then probably go down. That's the difference between Marshall and Chase or Jefferson. They can do it all while Marshall is more of a make the tough and timely 3rd down conversion or kill the other team playing zone in a 2 minute situation.

It looks like both Bateman and Marshall offer two different things. Both are going to make really good looking catches. Would you rather have the guy who makes the spectacular play down the field like Bateman or the guy who moves the chains time and time again in Marshall? It's a close call and really a personal preference. I think for the Ravens with Hollywood on the team for deeper stuff I'd go Marshall but I can definitely see arguments for both.

12. Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In 2020 Bateman was really the only receiving threat on the team. He also took over Johnson's spot in slot for most snaps instead at the X like he did in 19. That could be why defenses approached him differently. As I said, I only watched the highlights so I don't know. It sure doesn't look like there is anyone on that team worth focusing on in 20 besides Bateman unlike 19. However Bateman certainly make spectacular looking circus type catches and can really make you go 'wow'.

The other guy who everyone is talking about for the same spot, Terrence Marshall, I have seen a lot of. The biggest issue with Marshall is that he's not nearly as good as the other recent LSU WR prospects in Chase and Jefferson. Those guys were a lot more polished coming out. For all his size Marshall is a finesse player. He's not Devante Adams who is going to push right through you. Marshall is somewhere between Josh Doctson and Michael Thomas. He's long and lean and can catch anything close and then probably go down. That's the difference between Marshall and Chase or Jefferson. They can do it all while Marshall is more of a make the tough and timely 3rd down conversion or kill the other team playing zone in a 2 minute situation.

It looks like both Bateman and Marshall offer two different things. Both are going to make really good looking catches. Would you rather have the guy who makes the spectacular play down the field like Bateman or the guy who moves the chains time and time again in Marshall? It's a close call and really a personal preference. I think for the Ravens with Hollywood on the team for deeper stuff I'd go Marshall but I can definitely see arguments for both.
    I'd take Dyami Brown who I think is a mixture of both.

Wins at the line
    Wins down the field
    Just as polished if not more polished of a route runner than Bateman
    Wins in the intermediate area to move the chains
    Lots of toughness to his game - he'll throw guys a stiff arm and run over them with it
    Is not afraid of contact
    Plays fast - I'm not sure what his 40 time will be
    Snags the football out of the air/aggressive towards and with the football