Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Archie, I agree, and although Bateman is more highly rated and caught more passes (147 to 106), I lean towards Marshall. Both run about a 4.4 40, but Marshall seems to be a TD machine having caught 23 in the last two years @ LSU. Meanwhile Bateman has 19 in three years @ Minnesota. Maybe I'm leaning on stats a little too much, but it's all a ? right now anyway... Bc
    Marshall is about 2" taller than Bateman and maybe a little leaner in muscle mass.

I would prefer Marshall over Bateman.

Seems odd, but when was the last really great WR to come out of U of Minnesota? Eric Decker? Jury is still out on Tyler Johnson with the Bucs right now, but he looks like a decent player.

LSU seems to crank out play makers all of the time. Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Justin Jefferson...

I also think there are some mid-round guys that are really intriguing.

Cornell Powell from Clemson is intriguing.

Sage Surratt from Wake Forrest doesn't have a ton of separation in his tape, but his contested reception ability and high point ability is really strong.

Tamorrion Terry from Florida State is also interesting to me. He's not a great route guy, but he's 6'4" with super long arms and a huge catch radius and he has legit vertical speed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    wicked, why not use Duvernay in that role? Seems like Toney may be a duplication of him... Bc
    I dont think Duvernay has that kind of wiggle.

Duvernay has wheels - no doubt. I also think he could turn into a really nice player.

Toney...he's a different kind of athlete. Toney is someone that if he reaches his potential could very much be in the same discussions as Tyreke Hill in terms of down field ability and YAC ability. Again - he's just very raw. If I recall correctly, Toney didn't play WR all that much until his last year or two at college. And even then, he lined up in the backfield and in a lot of other areas.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont think Duvernay has that kind of wiggle.

Duvernay has wheels - no doubt. I also think he could turn into a really nice player.

Toney...he's a different kind of athlete. Toney is someone that if he reaches his potential could very much be in the same discussions as Tyreke Hill in terms of down field ability and YAC ability. Again - he's just very raw. If I recall correctly, Toney didn't play WR all that much until his last year or two at college. And even then, he lined up in the backfield and in a lot of other areas.
    Thanks for your explanation... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we do take a WR high, I just hope it's not a small slot receiver like Toney. The Ravens need a big bodied boundary guy.
    I completely agree. They need a larger receiver who can play the outside. If you are getting someone under 6 feet he better be an elite prospect like Waddle.

How far would one of the top 3 WR have to fall before we get slightly excited about possibly moving up for them (not that it would ever happen).

Bucky Brooks has DeVonta going at 19 in his latest mock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I do wonder if Bateman is getting overrated because everyone kind of slept on Tyler Johnson. Both Bateman and Johnson were incredibly effective in college. No one seemed to treat Johnson like a serious prospect and he went in the 5th round after 2 great seasons where he caught 25 TDs. The book was that it was a gimmick offense and Johnson wasn't that good in last years draft rankings. Now after only a couple of games played in 2020 Bateman is being looked at completely differently.

What changed? They only played 7 games and Bateman wasn't catching those deep bombs that he did in 19. It's almost like a reevaluation of the 19 season as opposed to anything that Bateman did in 20. I don't watch much Big 10 so I've only seen the highlights but I really don't get the new view of Bateman and wonder if Johnson had come out this year would he also be considered a late 1st or early 2nd round pick

Of course LSU puts out more playmakers than Minnesota, they are consistently recruiting 5 star prospects from Louisiana. Minnesota's recruiting classes are usually in the 40s. Gotta evaluate the player not the school. I have seen Bateman play a handful of times against the Terps and he is good but did not wow me.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 03-23-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    pretty sure you just copied Walterfootball, who I like too

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021WR.php
    Maybe he is Walter

Huge fan of Bateman. Just read Kipers latest mock and he had us taking Marshall at 27 over Bateman for a third time. I don’t get it.

Moore is killing it right now at his Pro Day. I think he will move way up in the rankings and may be taken mid-1st by a team that needs a slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnham Raven View Post
    How far would one of the top 3 WR have to fall before we get slightly excited about possibly moving up for them (not that it would ever happen).

Bucky Brooks has DeVonta going at 19 in his latest mock!

Man Devonta Smith is 170 lbs! Bust written all over that guy

Care to take a look at two guys i like even though i dont know anything
    Tamorrion Terry, Florida St
    Trevon Grimes, Florida
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Care to take a look at two guys i like even though i dont know anything
    Tamorrion Terry, Florida St
    Trevon Grimes, Florida
    Terry is very” Boom or Bust”. He’s tall and has sticky hands but he’s slightly built. The best thing is he’s played with terrible QB play at FSU so he may have Huge upside in a good system with a quality QB.

Don’t know anything about Grimes. Don’t watch the enemy play.