Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

Many of you know that this is my favorite time of the year. I thought what better place to start than with the 2021 WR class. OLB's will be up next. I'm a former WR and this is definitely my comfort zone out of all positions to evaluate. I've heard a lot of buzz that this year's WR class was on par with the strong 2020 class... and I just don't see it. It's overall a solid class but I find it to be a top heavy one. Much of the ado about this 2021 WR class purely comes down to the top 3 prospects who are as good as any in recent memory, better than 2020 imo. It's the rest of the crop that falls short from last year's.

The 2nd round guys from 2020 like Claypool, Higgins, Pittman Jr, Shenault, Hamler, Mims, Van Jefferson are far better than their 2021 counterparts. That is where this class falls short and that's bad news for the Ravens if they want to wait until the late 2nd to select a WR.

How I evaluate: Taking what I learned in college and trying to bring objective analysis to the film I watch. No highlight tapes, no confirmation bias, I watch as much individual game tape as I can get my hands on and cross-reference with all the analytics/stats I can dig up. Senior Bowl content (If applicable). All-22 is scarce for college football but I do the best I can. I'm looking for an NFL skill set, not a great college skill set. There is a difference.

[B]Last Update: 4/21

Subject To Change:

1. Jamarr Chase (Top 8 Grade )

2. Devonta Smith (Top 12 Grade)

3. Jaylen Waddle (Top 15 Grade)

4. Rashod Bateman (Top 25 Grade)

5. Elijah Moore (Late 1st Round Grade)

6. Terrace Marshall Jr. (Early 2nd Round Grade)

7. Kadarius Toney (Early 2nd Round Grade)

8. Dyami Brown (Mid 2nd Round Grade)

9. Rondale Moore (Mid 2nd Round Grade)

10. Amari Rodgers (Late 2nd Round Grade)

11. Tamorrion Terry (Early 3rd Round Grade)

12. Tylan Wallace (Mid 3rd Round Grade)

13. Amon-Ra St. Brown (Mid 3rd Round Grade)

14. Josh Palmer (Mid 3rd Round Grade)

15. Nico Collins (Late 3rd Round Grade)

Honorable Mentions: Cornell Powell, Cade Johnson, D'Wayne Eskridge

Last edited by sflegend89; 04-25-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: SFLegend's Way-Too-Early 2021 Draft WR Top 10

If we do take a WR high, I just hope it's not a small slot receiver like Toney. The Ravens need a big bodied boundary guy.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we do take a WR high, I just hope it's not a small slot receiver like Toney. The Ravens need a big bodied boundary guy.
    Can't say I disagree, could be a great fit for say the Chiefs at the end of round 1... if you're strictly talking about Ravens fits then Bateman/Marshall are the guys to keep your eye on. But I wouldn't rule out any WR if the Ravens brass is sold on their playmaking ability like Toney. We don't really have slot or X receiver nailed down with an obvious starter as of the time of this post.

I like Dyami Brown a lot as well and he might be a guy that rises like Aiyuk did last year. Not sure if he's an "ideal fit" in our offense but he popped on tape for me and I wasn't very familiar at all with him going into the tape study. That's a guy I wanted to put in my top 5 but it just felt pre-mature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Can't say I disagree, could be a great fit for say the Chiefs at the end of round 1... if you're strictly talking about Ravens fits then Bateman/Marshall are the guys to keep your eye on. But I wouldn't rule out any WR if the Ravens brass is sold on their playmaking ability like Toney. We don't really have slot or X receiver nailed down with an obvious starter as of the time of this post.

I like Dyami Brown a lot as well and he might be a guy that rises like Aiyuk did last year. Not sure if he's an "ideal fit" in our offense but he popped on tape for me and I wasn't very familiar at all with him going into the tape study. That's a guy I wanted to put in my top 5 but it just felt pre-mature.
    In an ideal world, you would move Hollywood to the slot, or maybe even Watkins if we sign him, then play a Bateman or Marshall at X.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Initial Evaluation, Subject To Change:[/B]

1. Jamarr Chase (Top 8 Grade )

2. Devonta Smith (Top 10 Grade)

3. Jaylen Waddle (Top 15 Grade)

4. Rashod Bateman (Top 25 Grade)

5. Terrace Marshall (Late 1st Round Grade)

6. Kadarius Toney (Late 1st Round Grade)

7. Dyami Brown (Early 2nd Round Grade)

8. Rondale Moore (Mid 2nd Round Grade)

9. Elijah Moore (Mid 2nd Round Grade)

10. Tylan Wallace (Late 2nd Round Grade)
    I like these ranking cause they put Bateman and Marshall right in the Ravens range. I hope you're right.

In an ideal world, you would move Hollywood to the slot, or maybe even Watkins if we sign him, then play a Bateman or Marshall at X.
    I think the best we can hope for barring a trade or some unforeseen addition:

X: Bateman/Marshall

Slot: Watkins

Z: Hollywood

I agree. I hate Toney's fit with the Ravens as a YAC playmaker type. It's not just that the Ravens have failed to take advantage of Duvernay, they haven't even managed to get a RB involved in the passing game since Ray Rice. Talented as he is I'd put his value to Ravens maybe in the 4th round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I agree. I hate Toney's fit with the Ravens as a YAC playmaker type. It's not just that the Ravens have failed to take advantage of Duvernay, they haven't even managed to get a RB involved in the passing game since Ray Rice. Talented as he is I'd put his value to Ravens maybe in the 4th round.
    Agreed

The other intriguing thing about the top of this WR class: Not very big

The amount of 6'0 or under guys kinda astounded me, Bateman/Marshall are really the only early WR prospects with solid size

Last year you had guys like: Lamb, Higgins, Pittman, Claypool, Mims... a lot more big bodies in the mix early

That's not necessarily a bad thing though, plenty of awesome smaller WR's in the NFL:

Toney/Rondale Moore = Built like Tyreek Hill

Dyami Brown/Tylan Wallace = Built like Diggs

I am NOT saying those are their NFL comparisons in terms of skill but at least you can find other elite NFL talents with their similar frame and not just write them off as being "Too undersized"

It’s not way too early the draft is in like a month

Seems like outside of Bateman and Marshall, the other “big boyz” WR’s are day 3 guys: Grimes, Jackson, Palmer, Fitzpatrick.

Given the Ravens new WR coaching connection to the TN Vols, wouldn’t surprise me to see Palmer wind up in Balto.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

pretty sure you just copied Walterfootball, who I like too

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021WR.php

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!