Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    9 women now.

His reasons for demanding a trade also were always bullshit normally in this situation the team would be protecting him by hiring a crisis manager and saying such things like "We need to withhold judgement until all the facts come out"
    That lawyer could get 50 women. Not 1 of them went to the police or said anything until this celebrity lawyer started talking money. Just google his name and read his history. It’s like a local Gloria Allred

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That lawyer could get 50 women. Not 1 of them went to the police or said anything until this celebrity lawyer started talking money. Just google his name and read his history. It’s like a local Gloria Allred
    This just seems shady to me. Player demands to get traded. Allegations come out that said player has sexually assaulted several women. Said women are represented by team owner's best friend. Looks like a smear job to me. AT the very least it's conflict of interest on the lawyer's part. Why no criminal charges, since the statute of limitations has not run out?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

timing is very suspect. To my knowledge he has never had an off field incident and has been a model citizen. Then he says he wants out and all of the sudden multiple lawsuits hit..
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 03-19-2021 at 08:45 AM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Take a look at the stats and get back to me, the only thing Lamar has done better than Watson on the field is run the ball and his team has won more games. Every meaningful stat Watson is better, Yards, comp %, rating, TDs, Yards per att, Lamar only has 2 more rushing TDs and only avg .5 yards per rush than Watson

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_fi...um=0&request=1
    Okay, let's look at the stats. One glaring thing is that Lamar has played 37 games while Watson has played 54. So, in order to make things equal, let's make Lamar's stats for 54 games.

Player From To AV Games QB Record Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Rushing Att Yds TD Y/A Long Receptions Yds TDs Y/R Lng
    Lamar 2018 2020 54 54 44-10 884 1382 64 10340 99 102.6 83 26 99 491 7.5 8.06 6.65 7.19 703 4241 28 6 50 0 0 0 0 0
    Watson 2017 2020 55 54 28-25 1186 1748 67.8 14539 104 104.5 77 36 174 1050 8.3 8.58 7.02 7.26 307 1677 17 5.5 49 1 6 1 6.0 6

So, the passing number still favor Deshaun, but it's not the blowout it was with your numbers. The passing TDs are close to equal. Lamar gets sacked about half as much as Deshaun for less than half the yards lost. That's because Watson is notorious for holding onto the ball too long hoping to make a big play. That's been his Achilles heel since entering the league. The other things in Lamar's favor are that he throws less INTs, and has a much better TD to INT ratio.

Deshaun does hold leads in TDs, completion % and QB rating, but they're all pretty close.

Now, let's move on to rushing. Since it's a piece of being an NFL player and an integral part of being an NFL QB. Running well as a QB wins games in the NFL. Here, it's not even close. Lamar runs for almost 2,600 more yards and has 11 more TDs. His yards per average is .5 higher even though he runs more than twice as much as Deshaun. Lamar is the Barry Sanders of running QBs.

Although you somehow dismissed it, 44 wins vs 28 wins is domination. Both Deshaun and Lamar inherited bad teams, but Lamar makes his a playoff team every year. Deshaun does not.

Blog Entries

Lawyer releases text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Lawyer releases text messages.

Oh shit

Blog Entries

that text is literally a year old... again just saying the timing is very suspect

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This just seems shady to me. Player demands to get traded. Allegations come out that said player has sexually assaulted several women. Said women are represented by team owner's best friend. Looks like a smear job to me. AT the very least it's conflict of interest on the lawyer's part. Why no criminal charges, since the statute of limitations has not run out?
    Where is there evidence that they are best friends? And why would this benefit Houston? They essentially now have a damaged asset not only as it relates to trade value but also marketing.

As far as criminal charges we really don't know where this leads. If you remember something similar happened with Cosby where 1 woman came forward. Then 3. Then 9. Then 50. Then the prosecutors started sniffing around. Some of the stories are not really sexual assault and more Deshaun being a scumbag the last one however if true (forced oral sex) would probably rise to that level.

At the end of the day though like I said Deshaun is damaged goods at this point regardless unless these 9 women are somehow all discredited.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't disagree, but what do the Texans stand to gain from a smear campaign? I may not be thinking about this deeply enough, but on the face of it this is lose-lose for the Texans. This can only serve to lower his trade value, and can only serve to make him hate them more if they intend to not trade him, so... What do the Texans get out of a smear campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I don't disagree, but what do the Texans stand to gain from a smear campaign? I may not be thinking about this deeply enough, but on the face of it this is lose-lose for the Texans. This can only serve to lower his trade value, and can only serve to make him hate them more if they intend to not trade him, so... What do the Texans get out of a smear campaign?
    The Texans would be much better off if they had taken 3 first rounders in a trade for him and he was someone elses problem right now.

Blog Entries

I don’t think the texts are all that damning. He wanted his glutes massaged. She obviously got weird about it and he apologized. Not sure how that becomes sexual assault.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Take a look at the stats and get back to me, the only thing Lamar has done better than Watson on the field is run the ball and his team has won more games. Every meaningful stat Watson is better, Yards, comp %, rating, TDs, Yards per att, Lamar only has 2 more rushing TDs and only avg .5 yards per rush than Watson

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_fi...um=0&request=1
    Not true. For starters it's no secret the Ravens run a different offense which centers around the rushing attack so Watson would naturally have more yards passing. Especially in 2020 when his team won 4 games and was always behind. But even with that, here's a few few stats to dispute your point.

- In 2019 Jackson threw the ball 401 times for 36 TDs. Watson threw the ball 495 times for 26 TDs.
    - Jackson's TD% is was hire than Watson's in 2019 and 2020.
    - Perhaps the most important stat, since Jackson entered the league he's won 30 games and he only start 7 games in 2018. Watson won 25 since 2018 and started all games except 1.
    - Jackson has been sacked 68 times in his career. Watson 174 times. Bad o-lines? Or inability to read the blitz and holding onto the ball too long? Probably a combination of all.
    - Jackson's QBR was hire in 2019 and 2020.

I could go on but I think the point is made. Trading Jackson for Watson (sex charges aside) is just a ridiculous idea.