Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: State of the Steelers thread

JuJu one year deal. In that dink and dunk get the ball out in 1.3 seconds because Oline is trash and there is no running game offense......I don't know how much better he can do to up his value to where it should be.

Blog Entries

Hope you all donít mind I revive this thread. Here are some articles from the Trib today if you care to read.
    I predicted the Steelers at 9-8 this season. My early prediction for next season 8-9 with Tomlins first losing season.
    You can expect to see Mason Rudolph under center next season for sure as the Steelers look to fill a lot of holes on both sides of the ball.
    Getting Tuitt and Alualua back should help the defense. Fixing the O-line is gonna take some work.
    I do not see the Steelers getting rid of any of the coaching staff at this point but I could be wrong. Most fans here want Matt Canadas head on a pike.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-mad...n-1-offseason/

https://triblive.com/sports/5-things...omes-to-close/

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Hope you all don’t mind I revive this thread. Here are some articles from the Trib today if you care to read.
    I predicted the Steelers at 9-8 this season. My early prediction for next season 8-9 with Tomlins first losing season.
    You can expect to see Mason Rudolph under center next season for sure as the Steelers look to fill a lot of holes on both sides of the ball.
    Getting Tuitt and Alualua back should help the defense. Fixing the O-line is gonna take some work.
    I do not see the Steelers getting rid of any of the coaching staff at this point but I could be wrong. Most fans here want Matt Canadas head on a pike.

Until Ben officially retires There's still a chance he can come back & play for the same salary or less. They don't have a shot at the top QB's coming out but could take one in rd 2. I don't believe they'd trade for a Rogers or Wilson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Until Ben officially retires There's still a chance he can come back & play for the same salary or less. They don't have a shot at the top QB's coming out but could take one in rd 2. I don't believe they'd trade for a Rogers or Wilson.
    I'd not be surprised if that bitch came back for one more try.

Blog Entries

Hope you all don’t mind I revive this thread. Here are some articles from the Trib today if you care to read.

We are in similar situations outside of the QB position. A lot of work to do this offseason.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Iím really hoping they keep and give Josh Dobbs a shot at the starting position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    We are in similar situations outside of the QB position. A lot of work to do this offseason.
    With Gus and Dobbins back next season the Ravens offense will be in better shape for sure. I see your team needing a dominant rusher off the edge to help that D improve tho.

You'll know a lot more than me but I'm not sure about that. Rudolph is terrible and I can't see Tomlin wanting to go into a season with him as the starter.

I don't think these long serving successful coaches (Bill, Tomlin, Payton, Harbaugh, Reid, Carroll etc) want to do rebuilding seasons. That's for the young and/or desperate coaches. They want to win as much as they can, which is probably why they are so long tenured. I think the Steelers will add a QB they can feel better about, whether that's a vet or a rookie.,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    You'll know a lot more than me but I'm not sure about that. Rudolph is terrible and I can't see Tomlin wanting to go into a season with him as the starter.

I don't think these long serving successful coaches (Bill, Tomlin, Payton, Harbaugh, Reid, Carroll etc) want to do rebuilding seasons. That's for the young and/or desperate coaches. They want to win as much as they can, which is probably why they are so long tenured. I think the Steelers will add a QB they can feel better about, whether that's a vet or a rookie.,
    Hereís the list of FA QBs in 22.
    I suppose the Steelers could kick the tires on Winston or Trubisky. I seriously doubt they sign a big name FA like Rodgers or Wilson. I mean why would they even want to play here with the O-line a mess. I doubt the Steelers use a 2nd or 3rd in the draft for a QB and are definitely not using the 1st Just not enough talent this draft at the QB position.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...outputType=amp

Here’s the list of FA QBs in 22.
    I suppose the Steelers could kick the tires on Winston or Trubisky. I seriously doubt they sign a big name FA like Rodgers or Wilson. I mean why would they even want to play here with the O-line a mess. I doubt the Steelers use a 2nd or 3rd in the draft for a QB and are definitely not using the 1st Just not enough talent this draft at the QB position.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...outputType=amp
    That all makes sense but I can still picture Tomlin saying, "Mason Rudolph? Fuck that. Get me a Quarterback."

Blog Entries

Iím really hoping they keep and give Josh Dobbs a shot at the starting position.
    You know Iíve advocated this too. They could build an offense around Dobbs and run zone/read, spread and IMO would be better than this year especially with Harris.

It could be a bridge plan to get the cap in shape and strengthen the D

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You know Iíve advocated this too. They could build an offense around Dobbs and run zone/read, spread and IMO would be better than this year especially with Harris.

It could be a bridge plan to get the cap in shape and strengthen the D
    Makes me wonder if we are missing something with Dobbs that the coaches see. He really hasnít been given a legit shot at starting. I have really liked what Iíve seen tho with the limited opportunities he has had. Mobility, athletic and good arm strength.