Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: State of the Steelers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    0 pass rush, 0 WR. I’d definitely say at this point we have gotten worse but it’s still early.
    Always has to be that guy. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    Always has to be that guy. Always.
    What?

Never worried about Steelers

LOL the roster is not "fine".

The offensive line might be one of the worst in the league as it stands right now, it is in complete shambles. Their depth at various spots is completely non existent. (OLB, LB, CB, DL). It is the result of no cap money and tons of free agents.
    They have very good players at every level of the defense. Who does not need depth right now. I am also not really down on their WRs. Claypool looked really good last year. Diontae Johnson along with Claypool are a nice duo to build around. They have most of their Tackle snaps back from last year. They definitely need a C.

Right now the Ravens are awfully thin at WR and OLB. Ravens also have a need for a C and the other G is nothing to write home about. Ravens may also need a RT. We have no pass rushers right now. Our best pass rusher on the outside is a 32 year old Pernell McPhee who had 3 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    They have very good players at every level of the defense. Who does not need depth right now. I am also not really down on their WRs. Claypool looked really good last year. Diontae Johnson along with Claypool are a nice duo to build around. They have most of their Tackle snaps back from last year. They definitely need a C.

Right now the Ravens are awfully thin at WR and OLB. Ravens also have a need for a C and the other G is nothing to write home about. Ravens may also need a RT. We have no pass rushers right now. Our best pass rusher on the outside is a 32 year old Pernell McPhee who had 3 sacks.
    I know the Steelers roster as well as I do the Ravens. They have holes everywhere, and the "good players" on defense outside of Watt/Dline/Bush (coming off serious injury) are few and far between, or are older and declining (or have been released, left via FA). Even the homer fans have been saying they have almost no shot at doing anything this year and wanted Ben gone for a rebuild. Instead they are trying to cobble together one last run, with a far far worse roster around a 39 yr old QB.

They lost their left tackle, lost their center, lost 2 guards, on an oline that they had to design the offense so that the ball came out so fast because they couldn't block anyone LAST season. They had the worst running game in the entire NFL because of it. To try out put some spin on it like they are fine there is ludicrous. They need to spend 2 high picks on OL just to plug the holes. Many want them to spend 3 it is so bad.

And I thought this was a thread about the Steelers, so I don't know why everyone keeps bringing up the Ravens. Whose roster is infinitely better than the Steelers right now BTW.

Blog Entries

I know the Steelers roster as well as I do the Ravens. They have holes everywhere, and the "good players" on defense outside of Watt/Dline/Bush (coming off serious injury) are few and far between, or are older and declining (or have been released, left via FA). Even the homer fans have been saying they have almost no shot at doing anything this year and wanted Ben gone for a rebuild. Instead they are trying to cobble together one last run, with a far far worse roster around a 39 yr old QB.

They lost their left tackle, lost their center, lost 2 guards, on an oline that they had to design the offense so that the ball came out so fast because they couldn't block anyone LAST season. They had the worst running game in the entire NFL because of it. To try out put some spin on it like they are fine there is ludicrous. They need to spend 2 high picks on OL just to plug the holes. Many want them to spend 3 it is so bad.

And I thought this was a thread about the Steelers, so I don't know why everyone keeps bringing up the Ravens. Whose roster is infinitely better than the Steelers right now BTW.
    We written.

I agree, the only areas where they are noticeably better is WR and maybe pass rush even without Dupree.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think the best case scenario for the Steelers this season is another hot start before fading down the stretch again. Whether that puts them in contention for the division, we'll see. Their defense should be stout but I don't think Ben's arm is going to be there for 16+ games especially once the weather turns. It wasn't last year and that usually doesn't change another year older.
    Remember, they will have the #1 schedule. So, they won't be playing a lot of cupcakes this season. Right now, that roster is ugly.

The Steelers have already gone over the cliff in 2020. Ben will be hurt by midseason at the latest - he's probably already feeling a twinge. That's a bottom 3 offense. And the defense will decline some, losing Dupree, Haden fading.

Sure, they'll draft OL, but that takes savvy, luck and several years' time at least to make a turnaround. And everything else has to click.

I expect them to go no better than 1-5 in the AFC North and 5-11 overall.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

State of the Steelers thread

Any chance the Ravens can sign JuJu, and add to the Steelers misery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Devil's advocate:

...and the "good players" on defense outside of Watt/Dline/Bush (coming off serious injury) are few and far between...
    Minkah?

...an oline that they had to design the offense so that the ball came out so fast because they couldn't block anyone LAST season.
    I thought their offense was designed that way to work with Ben's noodle arm but elite experience + D-reading + decision-making.

Dammit, now I'm pissed again. Honestly we should have beaten them both times last season, and won the division.

Look at their cap space for next year. They can maneuver around the cap as much as they want because of how little they have committed in the future.

They are exactly like us. They have a smart FO and coaches. They know what guys are worth and will pay for them accordingly when making a team.

Yes they lost some depth, but the pieces are still there for them to be very good as long as Big Ben is still somewhat adequate.

Dupree is not worth $16.5 million a year when they have Watt. JuJu at whatever he gets is simply not worth it to them when they literally draft WR’s like they are growing on trees in the back yard.

Like others have pointed out, the OL looks like the weak spot right now for them. But it’s the 3rd day of free agency and a long ass way to go before they play a meaningful snap.
    Last edited by Ravens4Real; 03-17-2021 at 02:57 PM.