Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Re: State of the Steelers thread

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Not much is being said about the Steelers ILB group for good reason. They have been named the weakest group in the NFL.
    Cole Holcomb coming off a foot injury. Elandon Robert’s and Mark Robinson.
    None of these guys strike fear into the heart of opposing offenses. And hopefully one of these guys can emerge as a Great Run stuffer, but there could be problems with this defense.
    That is worrisome especially with a team that relies on that position like both of ours do. I think Khan should have gone after Saunders or even Henley.

I'm guessing that we'll see a late vet-minimum or practice squad signing or two.

Zach Cunningham, Rashaan Evans, Kwon Alexander, Damien Wilson, Jayon Brown, Nick Kwiatkoski, Kyle Van Noy among the names still out there. And Myles Jack if they want him back.

Speaking of Steelers LBs....

I hated Joey Porter with a passion, but my heart softened just a tiny bit after hearing him describe his "Welcome to the NFL" moment with JO.

JP: "That was the first real life ogre...He was Shrek before the movie came out"

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1662115131625549825

https://twitter.com/i/status/1662115131625549825

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

I hated Joey Porter with a passion, but my heart softened just a tiny bit after hearing him describe his "Welcome to the NFL" moment with JO.

JP: "That was the first real life ogre...He was Shrek before the movie came out"

Game recognized game Nothing wrong with that. JO did that to a lot of pass rushers.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

JP: "That was the first real life ogre – He was Shrek before the movie came out"

Hilarious.

I love those stories about welcome-to-the-NFL moments. I read one several years ago, where some corner (a fairly small player) was talking about his moment. He was playing the Ravens, and they ran a sweep, and he comes up in run support. Around the corner comes: Jamal Lewis.

The corner said, "I don't know if you've seen him? That is a large man."

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

You should listen to Mike Flynn tell the story about JP and Ray Lewis fighting in the parking lot after the game and no one wanted to break up the fight.

Blog Entries

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Though the offensive line continued to get better as the season progressed a year ago and was set to run it back, new general manager Omar Khan wisely decided to throw some heavy capital at the left side of the unit. The Steelers were clearly motivated this offseason to protect Kenny Pickett’s blind side and add some physicality to their line and did so in a way they have rarely done before. Pittsburgh moved up three spots in the first round to select left tackle Broderick Jones with the 14th overall pick. It was the first time the Steelers used a first-round pick on a tackle in 26 years. They also added veteran guard Isaac Seumalo from Philadelphia, giving him the second-highest street free agent contract in the history of the organization.

The upgrade of the offensive line has a trickle-down effect, with Dan Moore Jr. and Kevin Dotson potentially moving to depth roles. The Steelers now look like they can be a physical running team with backs Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren along with last year’s offensive line upgrades in James Daniels and Mason Cole returning. — Mark Kaboly

https://theathletic.com/4629733/2023...ampaign=601983

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Though the offensive line continued to get better as the season progressed a year ago and was set to run it back, new general manager Omar Khan wisely decided to throw some heavy capital at the left side of the unit. The Steelers were clearly motivated this offseason to protect Kenny Pickett’s blind side and add some physicality to their line and did so in a way they have rarely done before. Pittsburgh moved up three spots in the first round to select left tackle Broderick Jones with the 14th overall pick. It was the first time the Steelers used a first-round pick on a tackle in 26 years. They also added veteran guard Isaac Seumalo from Philadelphia, giving him the second-highest street free agent contract in the history of the organization.

The upgrade of the offensive line has a trickle-down effect, with Dan Moore Jr. and Kevin Dotson potentially moving to depth roles. The Steelers now look like they can be a physical running team with backs Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren along with last year’s offensive line upgrades in James Daniels and Mason Cole returning. — Mark Kaboly

https://theathletic.com/4629733/2023...ampaign=601983
    Thanks for sharing RWT.
    As always, I am optimistic about the upcoming season. I thought Omar did a great job in the off-season through free agency as well as the draft.

As far as the Steelers offense, it appears the team will be a run first bully ball type of offense. I believe that’s coming from the owner. “Rooney” I can almost guarantee you the Steelers will finish in the top five for rushing attempts for the upcoming season.
    The question is, will that result in 10+ wins and making the playoffs? I’m not that optimistic on that approach. We will see.

On the flipside, you Ravens fans must feel a ton of optimism
    Lamar signed
    Zay Flowers.
    And the most important move IMO. “ Todd Monken “
    The local sports guys here were singing his praises last week on 93.7 The Fan. Of course they also took that moment to poop all over one Matt Canada.

I have the Steelers finishing at 9-8. Splitting with Ravens and missing the playoffs yet again

But hey, Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season. Did you know that?

Blog Entries

Broderick Jones was a great selection for Pittsburgh.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Thanks for sharing RWT.
    As always, I am optimistic about the upcoming season. I thought Omar did a great job in the off-season through free agency as well as the draft.

As far as the Steelers offense, it appears the team will be a run first bully ball type of offense. I believe that’s coming from the owner. “Rooney” I can almost guarantee you the Steelers will finish in the top five for rushing attempts for the upcoming season.
    The question is, will that result in 10+ wins and making the playoffs? I’m not that optimistic on that approach. We will see.

Lamar signed
    Zay Flowers.
    The local sports guys here were singing his praises last week on 93.7 The Fan. Of course they also took that moment to poop all over one Matt Canada.

I have the Steelers finishing at 9-8. Splitting with Ravens and missing the playoffs yet again

Yeah, Tomlin has pulled some rabbits out of hats, getting some weak and injured teams to at least hit the .500 mark. Pretty impressive.

It seems like to one degree or another, three AFCN teams are building around the defense/running game/bullyball philosophy. The Bengals are not. Very much looking forward to all the division matchups this year.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing RWT.

Lamar signed
    Zay Flowers.

they do bang that drum a lot but I would too - it's a great streak.
    Almost as good as 11 years without losing a preseason game ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Congrats on the win yesterday guys.
    Here’s an article out of the tribune review today thought you would get a kick out of it . The Steelers won the preseason and Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season by the way.
    On another note that San Francisco defense is for real. Fred Warner is a beast