Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: State of the Steelers thread

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Absolutely true. The one big difference is that the Steelers don't have a whole lot of flexibility in baking that cake. They're looking in their cupboard and there's an old can of Cheez Wiz, and they have $1.75 to go to the grocery store. Hard -- but not impossible -- to make an edible cake with that.
    Great analogy, thanks for the laugh! :D

I think the Steelers' oline might sink them, but as long as they get at least close to average play from their oline I expect them to not be too much worse. Although I do expect their record to decline a bit given their harder schedule and many close wins last year

That Steelers depth chart won't look too bad once they add some players to the O Line in the draft.

There's going to be no easy games in the AFC North next season.

Good organizations will figure it out. Pittsburgh has a great foundation. Scouting, Front Office and a decent blueprint despite what we may think of Ben or Tomlin.. They however are a big reason for the continuation of the Rooney and team legacy. Especially over the past forty-fifty years

Outside of the QB position the Steelers roster is fine. The issue in Pittsburgh is that Ben looked shot at the end of last year. I don't think they make the playoffs unless Ben finds the fountain of youth. His body has taken a beating and he is not known for a healthy lifestyle like Brady. That spells disaster for the Steelers.

They've got Dwayne Haskins, ready to put his poor work habits, lack of effort & immaturity in the rear view window & become the next great NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That Steelers depth chart won't look too bad once they add some players to the O Line in the draft.
    Do they even have enough cap space to sign their draft picks? Or do they need to shed more salary?

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    They've got Dwayne Haskins, ready to put his poor work habits, lack of effort & immaturity in the rear view window & become the next great NFL QB.
    It's not impossible that Haskins will shape up with Tomlin & co. Sometimes a young guy needs a kick in the pants to help grow up.
    I also think Matt Canada is a very fine coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    Outside of the QB position the Steelers roster is fine. The issue in Pittsburgh is that Ben looked shot at the end of last year. I don't think they make the playoffs unless Ben finds the fountain of youth. His body has taken a beating and he is not known for a healthy lifestyle like Brady. That spells disaster for the Steelers.
    LOL the roster is not "fine".

The offensive line might be one of the worst in the league as it stands right now, it is in complete shambles. Their depth at various spots is completely non existent. (OLB, LB, CB, DL). It is the result of no cap money and tons of free agents.

Blog Entries

They still have Josh Dobbs, who I maintain could be a bridge QB and pretty effective with an offensive scheme tweak

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Our roster isnít looking too good right now either

Blog Entries

Huh? Judon was the only real loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Huh? Judon was the only real loss.
    0 pass rush, 0 WR. Iíd definitely say at this point we have gotten worse but itís still early.